Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Holmes  (Read 4258 times)
red macca

« Reply #15 on: Friday, January 11, 2008, 12:11:54 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
mainly because hes better than any of the wingers we have and surely the point is to improve the side in order to gain promotion?? or am i missing something here?
on what basis is he better he has done fuckall for 3 years and i have not seen one team try and sign him from them for some reason
fatbury

« Reply #16 on: Friday, January 11, 2008, 12:18:41 »

well we will find out tomorrow I guess for sure
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, January 11, 2008, 13:58:37 »

Quote from: "DMR"
We don't need another winger.

Yes we do.....McGovern hasn't set the place alight with his crossing, Robert is inconsistent and we do not have any real cover for either of them.

Holmes may not be good enough for the premier league but I wouldn't mind betting he can do a good job at this level and with regular first team football may well improve over time.

I think we should keep an eye on him at Walsall with a view to signing him come the end of season if he can re-create the form he showed with us a few years ago.
sonic youth

« Reply #18 on: Friday, January 11, 2008, 14:50:37 »

Quote from: "Power to people"
Quote from: "DMR"
We don't need another winger.

Yes we do.....McGovern hasn't set the place alight with his crossing, Robert is inconsistent and we do not have any real cover for either of them.
then we need a right winger not a left winger
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, January 11, 2008, 17:42:26 »

my god, fatbury is right....Holmes is better than any of our current wingers....McGovern, Zaaboub and Roberts.....
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #20 on: Friday, January 11, 2008, 17:45:18 »

ermmm why didnt we get him back then???  :-))(

Didn't you hear about the transfer embargo?  :roll:
neville w

« Reply #21 on: Friday, January 11, 2008, 20:34:32 »

I agree with DMR and Red Macca
flammableBen

« Reply #22 on: Friday, January 11, 2008, 20:55:45 »

rmmm why didnt we get him back then???

The "why did they sign him, we should have" game is probably one of the most pointless speculative things you can play, especially when it comes to loan signings. There's going to be so many factors involved aside from Holmes being available on loan.

With loan signings it can just down to peoples contacts at other clubs, when we got Milner on loan (extreme example) it wouldn't have made much sense for other clubs in the league to go "oh why didn't we get him" as it was clearly just a favour to kingy.

Even if it's just a case of someone ringing up and asking, maybe we just didnt. You can't expect every club to ask about every player.

Finally, even there was a fax or email or something sent out to every club offering him on loan, remember that there hasn't exactly been a consistency management staff since he was last here.

As I said. It's a bit of a silly thing to moan about.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, January 11, 2008, 20:57:39 »

do people still send faxes nowadays?

Things get better but they never get good
flammableBen

« Reply #24 on: Friday, January 11, 2008, 20:59:37 »

For some reason I always imagine that football clubs do. I think it's from playing old school premier managers.

Getting a fax was always ace, even if it was normally just you getting fined for shit floodlights or something. Sometimes you'd get stupid offers for shit players, or good players wanting to sign for you on a free and stuff.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, January 11, 2008, 21:04:00 »

im suprised fax technology isn't more widely celebrated. the fact you can write something and it can be printed thousands of miles away exactly the same is much more better than an e-mail

Things get better but they never get good
sonic youth

« Reply #26 on: Friday, January 11, 2008, 22:01:18 »

Quote from: "STFC dave"
do people still send faxes nowadays?
yes
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, January 11, 2008, 22:09:12 »

I do, daily.
flammableBen

« Reply #28 on: Saturday, January 12, 2008, 06:23:56 »

Sending faxes daily is a sign or repressing your homosexual feelings. Let's feed in some paper and get some paper back. Sexy stuff.
glos_robin

« Reply #29 on: Saturday, January 12, 2008, 19:30:36 »

Did nothing today and Zaaboub had quite a good game...... I don't really understand all the hype over Holmes really.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: