Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official - Malpas is new manager  (Read 15759 times)
fatbury

« Reply #15 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 09:09:21 »

not going to get the crowd back tho is it .. fair play to Fitton if hes sorted out the finances .. and certainly given us a club to actually support but this seems a very poor appointment - im 100 percent convinced Malpas is a crap manager
fatbury

« Reply #16 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 09:10:38 »

by the way im not going to say another word about the appointment I think ive made my views clear
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 09:10:59 »

Not a bad appointment at all, well done Mr Fitton for not just going for one of the usual suspects who are looking for jobs.

Look forward to seeing how Maurice will settle in down at the CG.  Hopefully he'll bring a few Scottish players down with him, as we desperately need to get rid of a few of our players who don't really seem to be playing like they should.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #18 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 09:12:28 »

The thing is that we just don't know. He may be a disaster, yet he may turn out to be the best manager we have had. I also get the impresiion that the players will have to graft under him.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 09:19:20 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
not going to get the crowd back tho is it ..

No, results will do that in the short-term and making the town feel like it has some connection with the club will do it in the medium-long term. Whereas a "big-name" manager would perhaps put a few hundred curious casuals on the gate for a couple of games
broomfield

« Reply #20 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 09:19:49 »

Ok, so the crowds wont come rushing back immediately like the appt't of a 'big name'.

But if he brings consistancy to the playing style and the results are there, they will come back.

We don't need an up and down season with gates doing the same. We need to establish steady results for this year and then build next season.

If Malpas and DB can do that then good luck to them.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 09:24:17 »

I have to admit that I'm concerned by some of the reports I've read from Motherwell, but the only record I'm going to judge him on is his record at Swindon.

My gut feeling?  Really not very sure.  But Fitton's gut feeling is clearly that Malpas is right for the job - and Fitton has a lot more money riding on this than I do.

Good luck, Maurice.  You're joining a great club.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 09:25:36 »

Not what I expected, but I think this may turn out to be a sound choice - Fitton seems to be taking the long term view (loyalty) of not only sorting out the club finances from the ground up but the team structure as well - by bringing in someone with international experience and with experience of working with younger players.

My only worry is because Malpas is not the 'popular' choice then should results not go well to start with, some fans will be quick to get on his back and we could end up with a manager who's divisive, like a certain Mr King.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 09:25:42 »

Frankly I've no idea whether this is a good appointment or not.  The bloke deserves a chance though.

Having byrne as assistant is logical, should allow an easy transition - we really needed the new manager to hit the ground running
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 09:25:43 »

PS  Does anyone know what style of football we can expect to see under Malpas?
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 09:26:20 »

Fatbury, everything about you is what I cannot stand about town fans, you jest moan moan moan this might shake up the lazy players we have and teh discipline may sort out your one and only Pook.

For fuck sake get behind the team, next your be saying im off to watch supermarine, in fact give me your address I will ersonally buy you a  season ticket for them and you can fuck off there

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 09:32:39 »

I'm happy. Good luck to the bloke.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #27 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 09:39:31 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
not a good enough appointment!!

one word - disgusted!

One Word - Boring

FFS Give him a chance
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 09:40:18 »

ace. i cant wait to meet his daughter.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, January 7, 2008, 09:43:03 »

Quote from: "BANGKOK RED"
The thing is that we just don't know. He may be a disaster, yet he may turn out to be the best manager we have had. I also get the impresiion that the players will have to graft under him.

That's kind of my point, it's not the experienced manager we were lead to believe would get the job. It's all about minimizing risk for me,  and on the face of it we have not gone down that route.

And yes I take the point about stability and loyalty from a manager rather than a "name" who does one at the earliest oppertunity. If he does well (and I genuinely 100% hope he does) then a bigger club will come calling.  If he's crap he'll get sacked. Such is life, stability in football was over years ago..

But now I sound like a moaning Minnie. I am disappointed, but that is all. I will 100% get behind the man and the team. I've given my views and that's the end of it. No arguments, no sitting in the stands waiting for something to go wrong, just 100% support.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: