Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Townend Scuffle  (Read 3703 times)
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #15 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 20:12:28 »

Several years ago (At least 10), when i was back in the UK I was temping for a bit and the Temp agency that I was working for was employing STFC stewards, on a temp basis of course.

What shocked me at first was that they asked me in the first place as I was young, and not particularly large or intimidating.

Well I said yes because I thought that I could get a few free matches out of it and the interview went along the line's of:

Interviewer: Are you a Swindon fan?
Me: Yes
Interviewer: Don't call me, I'll call you.

He was a complete prick and one of the first things that he did was point to the "Cheif" above the "Steward" on his jacket as thought it was a fucking medal , and kept on straightening his stewards jacket as though it was some sort of fucking ceremonial dress.

The following home match I was there and I saw him, and he gave me some sort of magmanamous (SP?) grin as if to tell me that he was right.

COCK!!

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 20:17:46 »

another steward gripe that angered me greatly.
around 4-5 years ago an oldsish bloke sat near me in the then nationwide stand started having serious problems.basiclly he just slumped in his seat.he was with his son who became very distressed and called for help.i could see it was serious and started shouting at stewards to hurry up etc.they just walked and had no urgency at all.eventually paramedics took him down to the concourse and then to hospital.
i called up the club the following week to complain about what i saw and the slow actions of the stewards.the bloke i spoke to was mr topp.
a few days later i found out the bloke had died.
to this day i dont know what was done about the incident
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 20:19:13 »

thats fucking shocking arriba.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #18 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 20:24:23 »

The thing is that from my own experience that most of them are just temporary staff: Untrained and couldn't give a shite about STFC. It is obvious to you and I that if somebody has some sort of medical attack/conditon then St. Johns or someone should be notitfied IMMEDIATELY, yet I doubt that half of them in there don't even know where to find St. John's. Rather they are just told to say "Don't do this, don't do that".

Another job that Mr. F. has waiting for him. I often wonder if he really knows what he is getting himself into.
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 20:27:08 »

Might sound harsh and stuck up, but half teh stewards are on benefits and unemployed, they lack motivation and basic communication skills.  FACT

STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #20 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 20:29:03 »

Can't argue Bushey's point. There are a lot of slow readers out there.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 20:36:03 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
Might sound harsh and stuck up, but half teh stewards are on benefits and unemployed, they lack motivation and basic communication skills.  FACT
And are imported from places like Southampton etc.  I know that Ron Topp pulls his hair out at the stewards that are supplied from one particular agency but was told that he had to employ them.  Was this another cut that somebody else was getting??
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 20:37:49 »

Of course it was Ronnie.  The club needs a complete overhaul, I just hope it gets done.  Fitton IMO will turm over every stone, would the recruitmentment company be the same company that amazingly sponsors games regularly!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 20:38:55 »

stewards are there for the safety of the crowd.if they aint capable or trained properly then why are they there at all?
lebowski

« Reply #24 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 20:51:44 »

i think these steward stories need some balance:

when we played portsmouth pre-season a couple of years ago, we were using stewards from southampton, and so they refused entry to the tattooed freak with the bell.

good stuff.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, January 6, 2008, 08:12:57 »

I had a fag in turnstyles bit.

I normally have a look out but was on my own yesterday,the risk makes it all the sweeter Cool

Oh I gave up giving up whilst moving Fred,so i blame his soliciters and their extended deadlines

/
W56196272
red macca

« Reply #26 on: Sunday, January 6, 2008, 16:40:05 »

The bloke who got thrown out is a twat, every other week he is arguing with someone . The way he acted in front of his kids he should be ashamed of himself.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, January 6, 2008, 16:49:10 »

Quote from: "red macca"
The bloke who got thrown out is a twat, every other week he is arguing with someone . The way he acted in front of his kids he should be ashamed of himself.

What did he do exactly. I heard he clocked his mate, is that right?
red macca

« Reply #28 on: Sunday, January 6, 2008, 16:49:52 »

Yeah
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, January 6, 2008, 17:04:10 »

Quote from: "Batch"
Quote from: "red macca"

What did he do exactly. I heard he clocked his mate, is that right?
I was close to it but all I saw was one guy down on the floor and an argumentg going on, then a load of stewards dragged the guy out. Fair play to all the town fans who had a go at him though - he was being a twat.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: