Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Townend Scuffle  (Read 3700 times)
swindonbob

Ignore
« on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 17:56:32 »

Did anyone see what happen in the Townend after about 35 mins? I was on the other side of the middle exit, but it seemed like a family got chucked out for some reason or other, with the bloke shouting and swearing at another fan....i assumed maybe they were Barnet fans perhaps?

aptain Cabinet, trapped in a cabinet, can he get out? will he get out? course he can.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 17:58:12 »

Dunno I heard about this at half time but no idea what happened.
flammableBen

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 18:06:27 »

Fred?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 19:16:09 »

Couldn't see what happened just saw a few people getting a bit heated.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 19:35:10 »

i just saw people and stewards moving towards the general area. that was it.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 19:39:39 »

God I hate the County Ground stewards.  A woman steward in the kingswood stand push me down the stairs. I slowly walking down at the end (1min to go) and she pushed me and told me to be quicker.  bitch.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 19:41:53 »

Quote from: "Ville Valo"
God I hate the County Ground stewards.  A woman steward in the kingswood stand push me down the stairs. I slowly walking down at the end (1min to go) and she pushed me and told me to be quicker.  bitch.

what a fucking collection of mutants they are.that fucking grotesque thing that looks about 30 stone and just moves the stewards along and sits in their seat.how the fuck would that bloated trollope be of any use in an emergency?
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 19:42:49 »

Quote from: "arriba"
Quote from: "Ville Valo"

what a fucking collection of mutants they are.that fucking grotesque thing that looks about 30 stone and just moves the stewards along and sits in their seat.how the fuck would that bloated trollope be of any use in an emergency?

We were going to time her the other week walking from one end of the Kingswood to the other!
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 19:43:58 »

did your clock run out of time?
STFCBIKER

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 19:46:28 »

She could stop people getting on the pitch i spose :?

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 19:50:43 »

and the ethnic collection of stewards dont seem to have a grasp of the english language.other stewards repeatedly have to point them where to go.only to be met with a puzzled look on their faces.
i reckon they get so many stewrds in as rules regulate them to have a certain amount.but hardly any of them have a clue about crowd control or emergency situations.
it went downhill badly when they contracted out the stewarding and its declining still
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 19:52:31 »

The Stewards are crap but atleast they dont seem to be too bothered about standing in the town end now.
Marty McFly

« Reply #12 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 19:55:47 »

Quote from: "arriba"
and the ethnic collection of stewards dont seem to have a grasp of the english language.other stewards repeatedly have to point them where to go.only to be met with a puzzled look on their faces.
i reckon they get so many stewrds in as rules regulate them to have a certain amount.but hardly any of them have a clue about crowd control or emergency situations.
it went downhill badly when they contracted out the stewarding and its declining still

I know someone who stewarded the Rovers game at home last season as was stood in the corner off the north stand between the 2 sets of fans. He did nothing all game even though there was quite a bit of trouble. He just watched the game and didnt seem interested in doing anything about any of the trouble. Sums it up really, most stewards either dont care at all or go on a mega power trip.
sonic youth

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 20:09:54 »

this is the problem with outsourcing stewarding. a lot of clubs provide their own stewards who are local people and in a lot of cases football fans, so they have some degree of understanding of the nature of football fans. some of the stewards you see in the town end every week are alright, a few are top notch and do a good job.

the problem is that the club get people in from outside who don't understand what they're doing, why they're there and are told to enforce the rules to the letter of the law because that's what they've been told to do. it's not really their fault.

the stewarding at rotherham away a couple of years ago was excellent, friendly, understanding and most of them were rotherham fans themselves.

on a slightly related note, i love the clubs method of stopping smoking in the TE toilets. i went in for a slash just at the start of the second half, stood at the urinal and a steward comes in and asks in a broad wiltshire accent "are you having a fag there mate?", i reply "no mate i'm having a piss" and he apologised and left. class.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 20:11:31 »

i saw him drag someone out and kick him out of the ground for having a fag in there.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: