Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Barnet Matchday Thread  (Read 16867 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 19:26:31 »

we should of been out of sight before they scored. paynters free header in the first half, zaboobs chance in the first half and sturrock hitting the bloke on the line from 2 yards out. After we scored though we just sat back, and the defence started looking shakey. No-one really took control of the long ball by their keeper, and birchal scores what looked like a pretty good goal. JUst so annoying, becuase i doub't we'll win the replay either.

And never agian am i sitting in the kingswood, especially stratton bank end. full of 13 year olds full of too much sugar, having a competition to see how fast they can sing. got on my fecking tits

Things get better but they never get good
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 19:31:57 »

Of course it'll be just our luck that we'll be drawn with a big name team and that will motivate Barnet like it did when we played Notts County a few years back and we'll lose. I can see it happening now.

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 19:33:06 »

i thought brez's postioning for their goal was poor.ifil,aljofree,peacock and easton were pretty good as was vincent and comminges.we badly need more forward options,sturrock is lacking quality and paynter is a shadow of the player we signed. jpm tackles half heartedly but threaded comminges through for the goal.zaboob was mostly shit with the odd flash of good stuff.
was back to the dross served up in the last round really without the result
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 19:34:31 »

the midfield just wasn't there today, we had no control on the game. we either played stupidly risky balls from the defence to the strikers or we got the ball down and passed the ball, backwards

grr

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
lebowski

« Reply #199 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 19:34:42 »

our best attacking player was our right back!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 19:34:54 »

Quote from: "arriba"
i thought brez's postioning for their goal was poor.ifil,aljofree,peacock and easton were pretty good as was vincent and comminges.we badly need more forward options,sturrock is lacking quality and paynter is a shadow of the player we signed. jpm tackles half heartedly but threaded comminges through for the goal.zaboob was mostly shit with the odd flash of good stuff.

It looked like it took a deflection though. It seemed to loop over Brez. You can't really blame him it was awful defending to say the least.

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 19:35:42 »

Quote from: "Iffy's Onion Bhaji"
Quote from: "arriba"

It looked like it took a deflection though. It seemed to loop over Brez. You can't really blame him it was awful defending to say the least.

not blaming him, but he looked too far off his line to me

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 19:37:41 »

and zaboob frustrated me the most of all of them.when vincent had the ball and needed options at numerous times, he kept tucking in, near one of their players. instead of giving him a wide option.he would have seen so much more of the ball if he did that today.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 19:37:49 »

he was. good finish though

Things get better but they never get good
lebowski

« Reply #204 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 19:42:18 »

i thought the barnet fans were good though.

decent numbers, vocal throughout (even when losing) and an inventive repertoire of chants.

9/10.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #205 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 19:47:11 »

Barnet had pretty much their whole home support there soapy tit wank. It reminded me of last season and I never want to be in League 2 again.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 19:49:15 »

utter gash, 200 mile round trip to watch that tripe, paynter and sturrock about as sharp as a pair of doughnuts.  fair play to barnet they never gave up and as above very vocal fans,really surprised me
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 20:34:14 »

I actually didnt think we were that bad, most of the team did their jobs to at least a reasonable standard.

The problem was up front - the ball very rarely stuck, sturrock makes good runs, but ha s no pace or skill to do anything when he gets the ball, paynter cant head the ball and is slow as fuck.

Fuck me we are going to miss Corr & cox in the next couple of games. We would have won today with them in the side.
mattboyslim

« Reply #208 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 20:51:00 »

Quote from: "Colin Todd"
I actually didnt think we were that bad, most of the team did their jobs to at least a reasonable standard.

The problem was up front - the ball very rarely stuck, sturrock makes good runs, but ha s no pace or skill to do anything when he gets the ball, paynter cant head the ball and is slow as fuck.

Fuck me we are going to miss Corr & cox in the next couple of games. We would have won today with them in the side.

Agree, not the best overall performance by a distance, but without Corr and Cox it was about what I expected, Sturrock runs the channels well and reads the game, just struggles to execute.  A one-nil win and no one would be complaining, I felt pretty much everythign good about about Barnet came through Puncheon, who I believe Leeds want.
sonic youth

« Reply #209 on: Saturday, January 5, 2008, 20:51:00 »

i thought we played well but lacked the killer touch.in fact i think we'd have won by two or three goals if we had cox and corr up front. the build up was good but we couldn't finish
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: