Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 28   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: "Conditional Agreement" this morning...  (Read 52692 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 09:47:17 »

Cryer is paid to write sensational jouralism, I dont blame him if hes making a mountain out of a molehill..thats his job! he isnt paid to write stories that dont sell papers, but he is a bit of a doom and gloom merchant concerning the club....due to him being a Bizzle Shitty fan maybe? stirring it up a bit?

Cant say I blame him, I would do the same if I worked reporting on them!

As for pessimism....I thought it was pretty much part of the job description of being a Town fan!

And I will only believe it is don when it is in black and white, until then I am on edge and this does not help it when we get stories like this come out.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 09:48:51 »

It's not Cryer's job to promote the football club.  If he gets wind of a problem it's his job to report it as such.  It's not unthinkable that the deal swang from being completely on to being all but off and back again in a few hours.  With it being so close either way I'm sure it did go like that
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 09:50:01 »

Note this bit..

"The guy we are putting in as chief executive has already been at the club and he will hit the ground running.

Could it be Mark Devlin. Hopefully NOT one of the current lot, though it reads HAS been at the club, so baited breath on that one

From the Dark Side
Peter Venkman

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 09:51:36 »

Quote from: "Phil_S"
Note this bit..

"The guy we are putting in as chief executive has already been at the club and he will hit the ground running.

Could it be Mark Devlin. Hopefully NOT one of the current lot, though it reads HAS been at the club, so baited breath on that one

I understood that as being he has been at the club to look around and put down some feelers about the new position...not so much as "used to work" at the club.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 09:51:49 »

Quote from: "Phil_S"
Note this bit..

I think that ment shown round the club, rather than previously worked at the club. Perhaps it is someone with Chief Exec experience at a FC though.

Whenever I read the word conditional, I pooh myself.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 09:53:22 »

The man from brentford perhaps??

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 09:55:15 »

The man from Del Monte?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 09:56:33 »

There is probably a very good chance that the new man has no football experience but is from a totally unconnected industry as I get the feeling that Mr Fitton wishes for the club to be run as a business first, and I think that having been a CE of a football club is not a prerequisite of the job.

At the end of the day one company is much like another company....its all about running a company successfully, not neccessarily being run specifically as a successful football club.

wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 09:59:22 »

It could well be conditional on the consortium delivering £Xm into the clubs bank account be tomorrow night.

Obviously the consortium do not want to pay until the agreement is signed.

So both parties sign now, but if the funds don't arrive the contract has no validity.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 09:59:36 »

Absolutely.  Commercial rigour is what this club needs before anything else.  Madejski brought that to Reading, and I really hope Fitton is going to do the same for us.
redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 10:02:28 »

Quote from: "wokinghamred"
It could well be conditional on the consortium delivering £Xm into the clubs bank account be tomorrow night.

Obviously the consortium do not want to pay until the agreement is signed.

So both parties sign now, but if the funds don't arrive the contract has no validity.

Or conditional on the current board handing back their STFC chequebooks.  I'm staying optimistic and believing "minor issues "are really minor this time
red macca

« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 10:04:04 »

The fact that Andy supports Bristol city has fuck all to do with what he writes . He does a interview they tell him what is happening and he tries to update people straight away.
fatbury

« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 10:06:39 »

Its that bloke from Brentford - he arrived Monday

im sorry tho conditional agreement is not enough to get me to the match on Saturday ( and yes I DO have a season ticket!)
Sussex

« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 10:07:46 »

Don't think I'm going to get much done at work this morning.
figgis

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, December 18, 2007, 10:07:55 »

like them going out to some office and nicking 1m worth of pens and pencils before they go.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 28   Go Up
Print
Jump to: