Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Do we STILL think Rory is crap then?  (Read 2833 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 11:31:21 »

Whad'ya reckon McSporran?Huh?

I think Kingy must have read that thread yesterday about polishing turds! Cheesy
Piemonte

« Reply #1 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 11:36:39 »

I was thinking of Mr McSporran (ex wycombe striker? Wink ) walking back to the car last night after his rather disparraging comments about glory rory Cheesy

His all round game was great last night, as was his work rate. Pity he couldnt bury one of the headers and Phillips pulled of a great (if lucky) save from his 30 yard half volley.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 11:38:54 »

i thought Fallon was our best player except for Ifil. its funny how the two big dissapointments finally decided to play well last night
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 11:39:45 »

One swallow doesn't make a summer!!  I will reserve judgement, if he can continue to impress until the end of the season I will only be too happy to eat a bit of humble pie (as PM has done ref Smith).  Wish he'd scored the winner though thta'd have really made me look a prick!!
Marie

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 11:42:34 »

STil dont think he wil make it at this level. As Janaage said at the end of the day it was one game...he doesn't get the nick name bambi for playing well!
Piemonte

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 11:45:16 »

Fair play Jan. Its safe to say that was Rory's best performance of the season by a cuntry mile.

As for Ifill being good, he wasnt that great rich. There were still at least 2 individual errors where he got too tight on Lita and got turned.

Having said that Lita is the best striker of his type in our league and Jerels display was much improved.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 11:48:17 »

Quote from: "Marie"
he doesn't get the nick name bambi for playing well!

I think you will find that's actually because he owns a deer sanctuary back in NZ.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 11:58:12 »

Rory had a good game but he is still mentally too slow, he needs his brain to move at the same speed as his feet.  10/10 for effort though great to see him getting a chance.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 12:13:41 »

Quote from: "STFCBird"
Rory had a good game but he is still mentally too slow, he needs his brain to move at the same speed as his feet.  10/10 for effort though great to see him getting a chance.

You make him sound like he's retarded Bird!  Have you seen him turn up at the ground in a Variety Club Sunshine Coach or something?Huh?
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 12:15:29 »

yeah many a time, with Jim (just kidding Jim).

He is not retarded his reactions just aren't sharp enough that is all.
Piemonte

« Reply #10 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 12:27:16 »

I know Rorys ex-bird and I think she would argue that he IS retarded Cheesy  Wink
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 12:33:39 »

Quote from: "Rich"
i thought Fallon was our best player except for Ifil. its funny how the two big dissapointments finally decided to play well last night

Did Ifil have a good one then? I still think if he could just improve his concentration (or have someone improve it for him  :box ) then he could be one of the best tacklers / man markers in this division.

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 13:20:51 »

Fallon should have scored at least once really, he could have had three or four...I'm not sure if I'm concerned he didn't score or not. He worked hard though.

As for Ifil, he played well last night because he only had one thing to think about - Leroy Lita. Still got caught out a few times.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 13:25:37 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"

As for Ifil, he played well last night because he only had one thing to think about - Leroy Lita. Still got caught out a few times.

Yeah, he did his job reasonably well last night, however I really wish someone would take him to one side and actually teach him how to kick a ball straight.

As soon as the ball is at his feet it seems to end up in touch - it's like playing bloody Pro Evo!
Amir

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 13:29:02 »

As for Ifil, he played well last night because he only had one thing to think about - Leroy Lita. Still got caught out a few times

A couple of mistakes against a good striker, generally had him in his pocket though.  Panicked once when someone else was covering Lita, and he still didn't want to leave him to close the man down.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: