Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jack Smith  (Read 1264 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« on: Monday, December 17, 2007, 10:29:34 »

Am i the only one who doesn't think he's all that great. Best right back we've got, but nowhere near as good as people make out. Hes slow, out of position a fair bit, and has a questionable attitude. Hopelessley out of position for brightons second, admittedly not helped by blackburns defending, yet people still bum him. he always stands off players too much aswell, letting them get crosses in. maybe its just me, but i dont see the hype if im honest

Things get better but they never get good
DMR

« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 17, 2007, 11:29:40 »

He's a strange one alright.

I thought he was quality when we signed him but as we slid to relegation he got more and more appalling. Picked himself up last year - for me he was probably a contender for the best right back in the division, last Dec at Walsall he put in one of the best displays I've ever seen - and now he's regressed again.

I don't really know what to make of him, when he's firing he's skill so stick with him.
JackBauer

« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 17, 2007, 11:33:49 »

Hes rubbish. Never have liked him.

Hew cant tackle/head or cross the ball
fatbury

« Reply #3 on: Monday, December 17, 2007, 11:44:07 »

good right back ... has had serious injury probs this season what with his shoulder popping out - has struggled of late but went off with an injury this weekend - dont slate Jack hes good
McLovin

« Reply #4 on: Monday, December 17, 2007, 12:43:01 »

I really rated him at times, this season he's showed little ability at all...
sonic youth

« Reply #5 on: Monday, December 17, 2007, 16:35:12 »

one of the jmost incosistent players i've seen at town.
Panda Paws

« Reply #6 on: Monday, December 17, 2007, 17:03:43 »

An average right back for this league, a great one for league below, as shown by the last two seasons. Personally, I wouldn't mind bringing someone in at RB with Fittons £££, if we're looking to progress and push for top 10
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, December 17, 2007, 18:08:55 »

I think Smith is a good player.

In his first season he wasnt great but played right back, left back, left wing back, right wing back and even right wing!

The next season he played at right back and played 46 games. Same position week in and week out and he was bloody good.

This season has been too stop start to judge him.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, December 17, 2007, 18:12:04 »

i thought that even in the second half of last season he tailed off a little. was very good at the start, but his form dipped after january, when the going got a little tough.

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: