Poll
Question: Eh  (Voting closed: Wednesday, April 13, 2005, 22:37:06)
Scousers - 13 (50%)
Chelski - 13 (50%)
Total Voters: 20

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Who would you rather see in the final?  (Read 4455 times)
Piemonte

« Reply #15 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 11:53:47 »

Liverpool all the way for me. I think chelski will win the champions league though.
Asher

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 11:57:17 »

Liverpool
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 12:02:12 »

As I always tend to favour the underdog I have to go for the Micky Mousers.

It's disgusting that UEFA chose Istanbul as the venue but I'm just wondering if it will be quite so bad as there is not actually a Turkish team involved?  Will they be relatively indifferent to both sides or is that just wishful thinking?

I did visit Turkey very briefly a number of years ago and as some one else said, I found the Turks to be extremely friendly.  We can but hope.
Amir

« Reply #18 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 12:11:38 »

As I always tend to favour the underdog I have to go for the Micky Mousers.

Good man OST Smiley   It's part of being a Swindon fan.

It's disgusting that UEFA chose Istanbul as the venue but I'm just wondering if it will be quite so bad as there is not actually a Turkish team involved? Will they be relatively indifferent to both sides or is that just wishful thinking?

As I said before, I thnk it was more a case of Leeds being Leeds for those two unlucky blokes, and turks being knife merchant cunts.  More dangerous for turks over here, than us over there I'd say.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 13:56:55 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
I hope Chelsea go through, 'cos they deserve it the football they've been playing this year has been by far the best to watch in the premierships history and they have an incredible side.
Don't you mean they are the bets side to watch the Premiership since last year. Chelsea this year have been no way near as entertaining as Arsenal were last.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 14:27:26 »

No I don't , Chelsea this year have been far more entertaining than Arsenal last year and I fucking hate Arsenal so I never find them entertaining unless someone is giving them a good thrashing.

BORING BORING ARSENAL!
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 14:49:33 »

Really objective then. Let me tell you from the neutral's perspective, Arsenal 2003/04 >>>> Chelsea 2004/05, entertainment wise.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 15:05:39 »

The Barcelona game was one of the best I've ever seen, the carling cup final was awesome and pretty much every game they've played in the premiership has been superb.  Robben has been an amazing player to watch, so's Lampard. Name an Arsenal games from last year that will go down in history as one of the greatest games ever
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 15:07:21 »

Arsenal v Middlesbrough

Class game that.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 15:18:21 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
The Barcelona game was one of the best I've ever seen, the carling cup final was awesome and pretty much every game they've played in the premiership has been superb.  Robben has been an amazing player to watch, so's Lampard. Name an Arsenal games from last year that will go down in history as one of the greatest games ever

There wasn't a stand out game. Arsenal were so entertaining each and every game it's impossible to pick one out.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 15:23:40 »

Wasn't the Middlesborough game this season? Though that was a good game, the Barcelona V Chelsea game was a much more entertaining game for me as it was so closely balanced throughout even with Chelsea at 3-0 up two goals from Barcelona and they were ahead, the standard of football was outstanding (Barcelona's defending aside) and the goals were top class and there was so much riding on that game for both teams whilst Arsenal V Middleborough was right at the start of the season and the result didn't matter as much.

Arsenal were definitely not entertaining every game. I remember plenty of boring Arsenal games, Arsenal V Man United at old trafford was very dull and you'd expect more from supposedly one of the biggest games of the year and there were lots of other very forgettable games.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 15:25:29 »

Well done Ben, 'the others were just forgettable'. Arsenal's one touch football was just exhillarating. Chelsea are good to watch but it just doesn't have the same charisma.
Melksham Red

« Reply #27 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 15:34:50 »

Quote from: "mexico red"
couldnt give a shit,

Totally with you there. I really could not give a flying fuck. I do not care if an English club win it or not because all the armchairs will come out bragging even though they've never ever been to Anfield or Stamford Bridge.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 15:41:19 »

What I was saying was the other boring games were just forgettable, I saw plenty of Arsenal games last year and only one or two were in any way "exhilarating". Most were decent games but hardly classics and I don't find Arsenal at all charismatic, just look at the
managers, Wenger doesn't even even have a fraction of the charisma of Mourinho.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, April 14, 2005, 15:42:37 »

Mourinho is a legend, granted.

It doesn't make Chelsea 04/05 a more exciting side than Arsenal 03/04.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: