Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Book and Robinson going  (Read 4533 times)
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 18:06:29 »

In the interview on the site King list a possible 10 players going in total.  He says 5 players will not get the offer they're expecting, which I would imagine means they may be expected to take a wage drop if they stay.  I think Howard may be going too, although I think that will be a huge mistake as that boy has potential.  He's quality, and definitely has desire.

I'm not overly worried about anyone leaving this season, as recently we've been bollocks and a shake-up can only improve things, hopefully!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 20:03:13 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
I don't think Robinson's done anything this year to warrant a new contract.

Thats probably because he hasnt been played, however remember when we played Hull (2nd in the league, championship side) at the County Ground and we totally battered them....who bossed the midfield that day, I know its only performance but surely given a go he could have put in more performances like the on in question
adje

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 21:17:32 »

Robbo is twice the player of Hewlett.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2005, 06:37:17 »

well, shame about book and robinson but looks like theres more ahead. how interesting.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2005, 07:59:14 »

I bet Hewlett and Duke both get new contracts...just to piss us all off!!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
McLovin

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2005, 08:11:42 »

Robinson has always been better than Hewlett.

Can't understand people wanting rid of Heywood.  He's been our best defender of late, and in this division, he is th perfect type - big, and can head it.  If peopel moved for him when he's on the ball, he wouldn't have to resort to playing it around the back or lumping it forward.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2005, 08:18:14 »

I think Hewlett deserves a bit more respect. He is much better than Robinson.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
McLovin

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2005, 08:21:06 »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2005, 08:23:59 »

Heywood's worth another chance, yeah he hasn't performed too well this season but he's ideal for this league.  In a team performing well Heywood would be an important member.

Hewlett, Evans, Robinson, Igoe, Parkin.  I'd say at least 4 of those five will leave.  I am of course just speculating
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2005, 08:33:34 »

I'd rather have Hewlett than Robinson in central midfield. Robinson hasn't convinced me he's any better played there. At Hull he might have been alright, at Colchester home, Huddersfield home, Notts County he was shit.

Hewlett was part of and in fact captain of the team that went 11 games unbeaten last year and he played very well then, problem is when we don't play well he's often one of the worst.
McLovin

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, April 13, 2005, 09:30:16 »

I can never recall these times he supposedly played 'very well'.  I've never once sat down and thought, 'oooh, i'm glad we had Hewlett in there today'
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: