Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: KING "DEMANDS MORE"  (Read 4521 times)
alex

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2005, 20:57:54 »

i've always been one of the king-in crew, but johno's right: a midseason finish from a side easilly capable of making the play offs is a big disapointment. i have to say, i am beginning to wonder whether he is indeed the right man for the job. if by the end of the next season, we are not occupying at least a play off spot, then he has to go.
contrary to what king would like to make the fans think, he has been given plenty of money to spend on the squad, much more than most league 1 teams in our situation - he has been given money for ifil, roberts, parkin and fallon. Other teams such as port vale and hartlepool have had their squads regularly raided by the board in the search for funds but we haven't. these teams have done alright over the last couple of years but even though king has been given more money, he doesnt seem to be capable of building a capable, consistant team.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2005, 21:12:34 »

Port Vale finished on the same points as us last season lost McPhee at the start of the season then Brooker into the season and flirted with relegation as a consequence. We lost the goals of Mooney, had Parkin departed in say November then it would have been us down there.....next season our expectations are vastly changed staying up will be an achievement.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, May 11, 2005, 22:26:28 »

King isn't the right man to get us out of this division, but he is the right man to keep us here. Like Reg says - unless we get a new player who can bag us 20+ goals next season then there is more chance of relegation. Under King I think we can beat the drop - KING IN!
DH

« Reply #18 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 00:19:54 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
King isn't the right man to get us out of this division, but he is the right man to keep us here. Like Reg says - unless we get a new player who can bag us 20+ goals next season then there is more chance of relegation. Under King I think we can beat the drop - KING IN!

Agree with Reg & Pieman.  I'm not aware of the wage / transfer finances of all the teams in our division but I'd be amazed if STFC were in the top 10 of wage payers or spenders in the transfer market.

Until the new stadium goes ahead or we finish the CVA then an outside shot at the play off's is the only realistic objective.

Reality means a VERY good chance of relegation.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 01:33:02 »

Well done Kingy, you're spot on

You didnt mention the fact that:

Roberts has been injured
You wouldnt play Fallon
You played Roberts out wide
Jamie Slabber couldnt hit a barn door with a bazooka
Igoe from midfield has chipped in with what 4 goals?
Fat boy Howard 'the best attacking central midfielder in the league' chipped in again with what 5 or 6
Grant Smith was far and away our 2nd top scorer and he only played half a season through your choice
Despite being fucking huge Heywood didnt score a single header all season
You got rid of Gurney who usually chips in with about 10 goals a season
You never replaced Mooney
Lloyd Opara was fucking amazing...
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 02:40:34 »

god bless lloyd 'lump' opara...

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, May 16, 2005, 11:11:13 »

Quote from: "adje"
.So he says on thisisstfc.That takes the fucking biscuit!He says 4 goals for Roberts and Fallon is"not enough."3 questions then;
  1.Why does he play Roberts wide with SSP up front on his own as he has on several occasions?
  2.Why didnt he give Fallon a decent run after he scored 4 in 6 games?
  3 If he was so disappointed why did he not give a chance to Caton who was scoring prolifically for the Rezzies?...and dont give me that shit about him not being old enough.
 I've never subscribed to the King Out club,but I can honestly say I've never known such an arrogant know-all who REFUSES to take ANY responsibility for his team's poor performances.Another thing,if he "demands more"why does he never drop Hewlett,who contributes far less than ANY other player on a pretty regular basis?

Even the most ardent King supporter would have to admit he was talking crap.  But then again, they would probably try and justify it some how!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: