Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: what do we do now?  (Read 3211 times)
DMR

« on: Thursday, December 6, 2007, 15:45:00 »

what does everyone think? personally i just don't think there is anything we can do now - the powers that be hold the aces, they're in charge and they're determined to see us fucked over, i'm convinced now.

the only way must be a total, absolute boycott of anything STFC.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, December 6, 2007, 15:47:06 »

i agree, but alot will still turn up and not blame the board.
its a fucking mess
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, December 6, 2007, 15:47:54 »

If we get to the Brighton game then it has to be something big, very BIG in the way of a protest whether that be a pitch invasion or something else.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, December 6, 2007, 15:48:25 »

Quote from: "arriba"
i agree, but alot will still turn up and not blame the board.
its a fucking mess

spot on arriba.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, December 6, 2007, 15:52:31 »

But we have seen, time and again, that organised protests lack the bite to make a difference.  Effective, large scale protests are spontaneous.

And frankly, if one does not now take place, then Swindon doesn't deserve a football club.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, December 6, 2007, 15:54:01 »

BOYCOTT THE CLUB!  Stop their income.  Do not buy anything in the club shop do not attend games (unless you're a season ticket holder - then do not buy anything in the ground).
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, December 6, 2007, 15:54:26 »

I think it maybe too late, however if there is to be one I would be there like a shot :run:
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, December 6, 2007, 15:58:13 »

Quote from: "janaage"
BOYCOTT THE CLUB!  Stop their income.  Do not buy anything in the club shop do not attend games (unless you're a season ticket holder - then do not buy anything in the ground).

I would go a step further and suggest even those with a Season ticket boycott.  The sheer emptiness will cause a stir, the non match day income will cause the income hit needed.

The problem here is it needs to be a massive effort, not just a couple of hundred people.

Other than that, the only protest action that has any hope of working would involve individuals targetting individuals within the regime, and the actions would probably be at the very least bordering on illegal.

I'm not suggesting anyone should of course, in fact I think the complete boycott could work if supported, I just fear it wouldn't be.

Without wishing to annoy, standing behind a stand will not sway people who seem completely at ease with the prospect of £5m of debts becomming due anytime and seemingly leading to the winding-up of the business.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, December 6, 2007, 16:07:53 »

I won't be here not to be here for Brighton.  But I won't lend my season ticket if it helps.

Also, I'll join in any future agreed boycott.

I think it's all too late listening to Fitton. keep checking here from tomorrow onwards

http://www.gazettes-online.co.uk/home.aspx?geotype=London
sonic youth

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, December 6, 2007, 16:32:45 »

if we're getting 400ish for protests, how would we get more than that to boycott?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, December 6, 2007, 16:34:40 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
if we're getting 400ish for protests, how would we get more than that to boycott?

I don't think you would, hence the sheer feeling of helplesness.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, December 6, 2007, 16:36:10 »

Is it worth people standing by the entrances and making people aware of the situation? Maybe then a few will boycott.... I've got a ST and I'm boycotting.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, December 6, 2007, 16:37:39 »

How many more leaflets etc can we give out though Tails?
sonic youth

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, December 6, 2007, 16:38:13 »

it wouldn't work nath.

security would move us on and it'd turn nasty and i don't think i'm alone in wanting to avoid trouble.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, December 6, 2007, 16:48:37 »

Well targetting as many people as we can and giving out whatever leaflets we can... I'm really not sure how to reach the fanbase tbh as a lot of them seem pretty apathetic. Would the adver be the best way?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: