Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Do any of you strongly follow another team?  (Read 6693 times)
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 15:02:47 »

If anyone asks me who I support it's Swindon but there are teams I like to see do well and teams I don't.

Anyway Jan there's always the chance we'll one day meet Hibernian in the uefa cup.
Asher

« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 15:04:08 »

Next people on here will be wanting 2 votes at the election!
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 15:04:35 »

I'm Swindon through and through...  even if it does mean going to matches on my own because my glory-hunting, Arsenal 'supporting' mates can't be arsed to support their home town team as well.

It was a simple choice for me because my Dad doesn't follow any form of sport so I didn't have any external influences / pressures when I was making my decision..

I'm manager of a bookies when i'm not at uni so a lot of my punters take an interest in Swindon now as well, even if it is just so they can mock me on a Sunday afternoon following a poor result!  :evil:

I keep an eye on Brighton results, looking forward to them coming down next season.. I'm looking for some serious retribution!

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
Asher

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 15:05:59 »

On and off the pitch may I add! little pikeys starting on the old folk after the game at their place
Piemonte

« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 15:12:04 »

I only properly support one club - Swindon. Although at times like this I do wonder why.

My second club would be Liverpool due to family links. I guess I was one of those annoying kids when I was young that had the shirt of the best and most sucessful club at the time.

That said I was better than most at that age. I had been to Anfield and had been pretty much forced into supporting Liverpool by my old man. I was converted after our first wembley visit when I realised how much I loved watching "live" football.

It depends on how you define "support" as to how you can support 2 teams. Realisticlly I SUPPORT Swindon, but FOLLOW Liverpools results. When we played them at Anfield in the premiership I stood in the away end and sung my heart out for the Brazillian lookalikes (Yellows, Yellows, Yellows - I loved that kit Cheesy )

I was gutted when Barnes equalised with 5 minutes left, it would probablly have been the most famous STFC victory I'd ever seen live, play off games excluded.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 15:13:45 »

i don't support any other teams apart from swindon. watching the play off against the batty boys in the student bar was class, loads of swindon fans to my surprise, shame about the result in the end
McLovin

« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 15:16:23 »

Precisely.  When we beat Spurs 2-1 in the Prem, i loved every minute of it!  

Swindon is the only club that i actually get emotional about.  If Spurs had lost against the Geordies i would have been peeved for all of 20 minutes.  When we lost against Brighton there were tears, and im not even over the Wallsall match now.
BrightonRed

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 15:20:35 »

There were some Brighton 'faces' who were pretty fucking unhappy that I wore my Town shirt to work on the Saturday before the Swindon leg of the play-offs!
Luckily I was sat behind reinforced glass and metal bars!

nicotine, valium, vicodin, marijuana, ecstasy and alcohol...
Asher

« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 15:23:16 »

If im honest and truthful I had tears after brighton but I was so pissed off.  I will never admit that in public
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 15:24:53 »

I did cry, I sobbed Stella tears for 2 hours after  Crying
Marie

« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 15:24:57 »

bloke wore a brighton shirt to college after second leg..didnt go down well. haven't seen him since i dont think.
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 15:25:15 »

Exactly PM.  I support Swindon but foloow spurs!  If anyone asks i am of course a Swindon and never even mention i follow spurs unless having this sort of convo!  It is probably cause it is something to do with the old man and is fun!  I don't see anything wrong with following anothe team at all!  It does not make me any less a Swindon fan!

y wings are like a shield of steel!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 15:26:17 »

i thought the batty boys were gonna kick off at first til 'that goal'. they were really hurling the abuse at us swindon lads
Asher

« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 15:27:54 »

It did kick off a little outside!
Melksham Red

« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 15:31:47 »

I have never been so upset over Town losing as that night. Crystal Palace in 89 was gutting but Brighton was something else. So close yet so far. At Palace we were shit so it was easier to take.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: