Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: oxford-based stfc supporters  (Read 3727 times)
oxford_fan

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 00:33:32 »

why do you support swindon and not oxford?

a genuine wonderance.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 01:43:19 »

My Dad has been going to STFC for over 40 years, despite living in Oxfordshire all his life. I didn't have much choice in the matter.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 06:32:47 »

its kinda obvious OF. think.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 08:13:42 »

Lived in Calne, Swindon's the local club.  Bath's my local Rugby team.  Simple as.  This obviously doesn't work for internationals where I have been "blessed" with supporting Scotland (thanks Dad).

Just read the title of this thread properly and realised I have nothing to do with it, sorry OF.
migzy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 08:24:09 »

I live near Wantage - loads of Swindon fans over here. For me it was the first team I saw play. Could of gone either way really (quite scary to think that). Bet you won't find many Ox*ord fans in Wiltshire.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 08:27:39 »

There are three in Calne I know of, the Beals.  Think that was down to their dad.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 08:46:11 »

some of my family are from swindon, they were all big fans, I got it from my daddy  Cheesy
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 09:13:38 »

I'm from north Oxfordshire but dad was raised in wantage, big Swindon area.
Asher

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 09:18:32 »

My mum bought me a ireland shirt when I was 12, I took it back and changed it for an england one....never be so whacked in my life she went mental with a wooden shoe if I remember correctly! Never got a birthday present that year either
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 09:23:02 »

Brilliant!!!  You Mum sounds cool!!  My ol' man was more sneaky.  Taught me to appreciate the underdog, then introduced the England Scotland rivalry, and mentioned that Scotland were the underdog and I was hooked.  Scotland, Hibs and Swindon, not exactly the most successful teams to support.  The good thing is I've never supported England, a job well done by Jock H.
Melksham Red

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 09:25:56 »

Quote from: "migzy"
I live near Wantage - loads of Swindon fans over here. For me it was the first team I saw play. Could of gone either way really (quite scary to think that). Bet you won't find many Ox*ord fans in Wiltshire.

There's one in Melksham that I know of. He's had his head kicked in a few times. Not that I agree with that type of thing of course!  :--
Asher

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 10:29:17 »

Of course not, cheerish the thought
Sam Eddolls

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 10:40:32 »

born in poxford but the old man took me down the county ground when i was 4 and i ws converted from there!i think i made the right choice!!!!!!!!!!!

immy davis,gone but will never be forgotten!!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 10:52:05 »

Quote from: "Melksham Red"
Quote from: "migzy"

There's one in Melksham that I know of. He's had his head kicked in a few times. Not that I agree with that type of thing of course!  :--

I know one family in Westbury that are Oxford fans... Was best mates with him when he supported Spurs but then went the way of his old man and we eventually drifted!
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 11:09:47 »

I met some brighton fans in wootton the other night they took the piss as you would expect but I did say that given the choice between Pox or STFC they would support STFC too.  They did agree but only coz they liked combine harvesters.  Well it was a start......... :|
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: