Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Only one man for the job  (Read 4109 times)
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, November 29, 2007, 14:27:01 »

Quote from: "otanswell"
Quote from: "Iffy's Onion Bhaji"
Never said anything like that did i?

His experience at this level amounts to taking Brentford to the play-offs and then failing. He hasn't got a promotion on his CV. No thanks.

No you didnt, dont worry about it!
judging by that theory shaun taylor shouldnt get the job either then?

Teddy Sheringham would be cool I think..
Teddy would be just as bad as Shaun Taylor, actualyl worse than Shaun taylor and Chalkie white. He has fuck all coaching experience.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #46 on: Thursday, November 29, 2007, 14:33:58 »

I suggested it on the MOS board but why not try Gary Speed. Coming to the end of his playing days - Bolton will release him in January. He could still play a season or two at Div 3 level. His contacts must be good  - Newcastle, Leeds, Everton, Wales etc. Plus he's advanced with his coaching badges. Who knows he may be looking for a start and why not us.
fatbury

« Reply #47 on: Thursday, November 29, 2007, 14:48:31 »

interesting choice Chalkie - not a bad suggestion
sonic youth

« Reply #48 on: Thursday, November 29, 2007, 14:52:49 »

Quote from: "chalkies_shorts"
I suggested it on the MOS board but why not try Gary Speed. Coming to the end of his playing days - Bolton will release him in January. He could still play a season or two at Div 3 level. His contacts must be good  - Newcastle, Leeds, Everton, Wales etc. Plus he's advanced with his coaching badges. Who knows he may be looking for a start and why not us.

problem is it's a hoddle-esque appointment. adams and lambert have done this at wycombe, adams was a disaster and lambert managed to stop them from getting promoted.

managers don't want to play anymore either - wise would have done a job for us in midfield but wasn't interested, why would speed be?
figgis

« Reply #49 on: Thursday, November 29, 2007, 15:19:36 »

my only reservation with nijholt he has no connections in the english game. maybe he would find it hard to find the players or be connected enough to lure them away from bigger clubs.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Thursday, November 29, 2007, 16:23:13 »

Sometimes you have a take a risk in life to move on. Someone mentioned it in another thread, but the appointments of Macari, Ardiles and Hoddle were all a risk (to varying degrees), but we saw some good times under them. Who's to say we shouldn't take a risk now....

I'm still weighing up the evidence for and against right now. Lets see what pans out over the next few days eh?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, November 29, 2007, 18:10:23 »

I am a championship-winning,cup-winning manager,and my team currently lie third in the Ashford and District Sunday league div3.I am a Town fan of 40 years standing and I'm very cheap!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Reeves for King

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, November 29, 2007, 18:55:27 »

After reading Nijholt's comments on thisis, he is now my first choice as manager. He wasn't previously, but the passion and heart with which he talked about the club shows he cares. And we need somone like that afetr our last two managers.

Do the sensible thing Board!

here's the man himself when you need him?
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #53 on: Thursday, November 29, 2007, 19:30:13 »

You can see how much Nijholt wants it, Would be a popular choice. I dont think he will stop managing until he gets to manage us. He would still die for the club and talks about how much he loves swindon as a town for his family as well!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: