Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What Do You Think Are Problem Is?  (Read 5403 times)
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, December 15, 2004, 22:34:26 »

I think we need a tall hard centre midfield player. Even to back Migs up.
Gurney is missed abit, He did fill in well.
Also, I think it may help if we could cross the ball in early and stop messing around on the side of the pitch.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2004, 22:35:50 »

We miss Gurney about as much as we miss Neil Ruddock.

Our problem is that we've got a shite midfield and a bunch of players who seem unwilling to play football.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2004, 22:41:10 »

We refuse to pass the ball.
Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, December 15, 2004, 23:16:52 »

Goals from midfield, we fail to capitalize on periods of possesion
McLovin

« Reply #4 on: Thursday, December 16, 2004, 09:20:58 »

We are playing an unsuitable formation with unsuitable players.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, December 16, 2004, 09:30:37 »

Agree with a few of the comments here.  I mean how many sides play the 3-4-3 and get results - it's a pants formation.

Our midfield sucks, Brian Howard needs a kick up the ass, thank God he's suspended for Saturday least ti gives someone else a chance.  Hewlett can't pass or tackle, so there's a problem there.  

We didn't string three passes together all night.  I gotta say I feel sorry for Parkoin, Roberts and Evans, they've got nothing to play with here.  Hurry back migs, but only when you're ready, we could do with a footballer in the middle keeping the ball down.

Oh and I haven't even mentioned the manager yet.
Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: Thursday, December 16, 2004, 09:53:16 »

WE'RE FUCKING SHIT, THAT'S THE FUCKING PROBLEM, FUCKING ABSOLUTELY SHIT FUCKING NORTHERN CUNTS
McLovin

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, December 16, 2004, 10:06:47 »

Tonight we had a bunch of passionless underperforming tossers on the pitch, in a totally ridiculous formation.  Reeves should never be used in important games, so if we are left with only 2 centrebacks, only play 2 centrebacks.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, December 16, 2004, 10:07:45 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
We miss Gurney about as much as we miss Neil Ruddock.

Our problem is that we've got a shite midfield and a bunch of players who seem unwilling to play football.

The midfield are the source of the problems ... playing-wise, at least.

They keep losing the ball in the middle, losing second balls, which means the ball then immediately comes back to the defence.  The defence, not trusting the midfield and wanting a rest then hoofs the ball. The opposition pushes forward, our midfield pushes back, and then the problems start ...
Piemonte

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, December 16, 2004, 10:42:49 »

To me it seems like the players have lost faith in the manager.

I might be wrong but thats how it looked to me after a passionless, gutless perfomance.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, December 16, 2004, 10:48:53 »

Quote from: "Chris K"

They keep losing the ball in the middle, losing second balls, which means the ball then immediately comes back to the defence.  The defence, not trusting the midfield and wanting a rest then hoofs the ball. The opposition pushes forward, our midfield pushes back, and then the problems start ...

That is the main problem with our midfield.  We don't win anywhere as near of these that we should.  If we could get a decent ball winner in there things may be different.  Howard and Igoe can't play together in the middle.  Hewlett runs about like a headless chicken, least Robinson, when selected tries to win the loose ball.
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, December 16, 2004, 10:58:42 »

We are rubbish! We can't pass the ball anymore it just seems to be head tennis or a big hoof of a long ball all the time.  It has to be a problem with midfield.  We have no one strong or skillful enough to be able to win and hold the ball up. We shouldn't have to rely on Migz for this.  Parkin and Roberts have to track back to win the ball.  Fallon just gets in Parkins way most of the time. Don't even get me started on that!  We are playing with a complete lack of interest and passion at the moment.  Confidence is low but nobody seems to be committed enough to help turn it around. I will play!!  At least I want to which is more than I can say for some of our players!

The End  Cheesy
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, December 16, 2004, 11:01:16 »

Quote from: "janaage77"
Quote from: "Chris K"

That is the main problem with our midfield.  We don't win anywhere as near of these that we should.  If we could get a decent ball winner in there things may be different.  Howard and Igoe can't play together in the middle.  Hewlett runs about like a headless chicken, least Robinson, when selected tries to win the loose ball.

Yep, and all the problems then happen because of that.  the hoofing is a direct cause of the midfield putting pressure on the defence.  They're hoofing to try and get a breather
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, December 16, 2004, 11:01:56 »

Have you noticed how deep Mr Parkin and Mr Roberts have to drop nowadays to get the ball at their feet.  They have to come into our half to win the ball, that's the only time Christian or Sam are able to play with their feet.

Very poor lads, very poor.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, December 16, 2004, 11:31:13 »

Quote from: "janaage77"
Have you noticed how deep Mr Parkin and Mr Roberts have to drop nowadays to get the ball at their feet.  They have to come into our half to win the ball, that's the only time Christian or Sam are able to play with their feet.

Very poor lads, very poor.

That's because our midfield is playing in a flat back seven ...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: