Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Talks have hit a brick wall it seems  (Read 3610 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 09:04:03 »

I've got the adver - main points are:

- Sunday meeting to clear up issues cancelled. Re-arranged meeting cancelled.
- Fitton growing frustrated and fatigued at length of time taken to complete deal. Doesn't know how to push it over the line
- Adver say the 500K compo from Sturrock + £250k saved wages would help club meet immediate liabilities enabling the current incumbents retain control.

---

So this is plan B is it. Screw the club. Me me me me me me. Money money money money money.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 09:04:31 »

jjeedmunds, SITE not SIDE.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 09:05:22 »

ah, I see...all it says is Byrne has been put in temporary charge of the team for Saturday mate.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
STFC Bart

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 09:06:05 »

If this is true Bristol rovers was my last game
Peter Venkman

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 09:07:20 »

Quote from: "Ralphy"

Sorry Ralphy am I missing something or being thick...what do you mean?

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 09:07:45 »

AS Paul Sturrock finally packed his bags for a Plymouth Argyle return, Town fans were landed their second blow in 24 hours with news the latest takeover bid is in jeopardy.

Ramsbury businessman and club suitor Andrew Fitton exclusively told the Swindon Advertiser negotiations have stalled to deepen the gloom around the financially stricken and now managerless Robins.

Fitton admits Sturrock's resignation as Town boss has "taken the gloss off" any future deal but insists there are more decisive factors putting talks at risk of collapse.

advertisement
He has re-iterated his desire for a successful conclusion to the latest takeover saga but as it threatens to run well into December, the deal is increasingly in the balance.

The club have already revealed they have a plan B' in place, involving the current incumbents staying at the helm, and with Fitton rapidly running out of patience any takeover is far from secured.

The Swindon Advertiser understands a healthy compensation package from the Championship outfit for Sturrock, added to the loss of his quarter-of-a-million-pound-a-year wage burden, would help the club meet their immediate financial obligations.

Major shareholders the Wills family are also believed to have found the funds to launch another rescue effort, increasing the possibility they will retain their majority share.

Fitton though insists all efforts are still being put into completing the deal, but admits he is at a loss to explain why the talks appear to have hit a brick wall.

He said: "We are all very disappointed to lose Paul Sturrock because he really was a gem. But at the moment I suppose this takeover has to be the more pressing issue.

"It just does not seem to be happening and I don't really know where the problems, which it is obvious there are, lie.

"There was meant to have been a meeting on Sunday afternoon to resolve any outstanding issues but that got cancelled. It was rescheduled but got cancelled again."

Fitton has tried twice previously to purchase the club and with Portuguese consortium BEST Holdings also failing in their attempt last month, fans have every right to be frustrated.

The Football League are watching events at the County Ground with interest with a transfer embargo already in place and a £900,000 bill still outstanding.

Debts are believed to be over £4million with the Inland Revenue the biggest creditor.

"At the moment I just don't know how to push it over the finish line. We are very frustrated and fatigued over it all at the moment", said Fitton.

"They say a good deal is a quick deal and this is anything but that. I am sure I will get the blame for that.

"Everyone's intentions are honourable but we just can't get the deal done."

Club captain Ady Williams will make his long-awaited return to action today as Town reserves host Cheltenham at the County Ground.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 09:08:42 »

Quote from: "jjedmunds"
Quote from: "Ralphy"

Sorry Ralphy am I missing something or being thick...what do you mean?

:groan1:

the WEBSITE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 09:09:18 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
I cant help but think the board had no intention of ever selling and just wanted to drain the club of all its assets ...

I hope this assumption is incorrect

What assets?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 09:09:38 »

ah now I get it, Ralphy...its early, I am pissed off, I am tired is my excuse Smiley

lambourn red

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 09:09:48 »

Quote from: "i was once mexico red"
some of us arent allowed there.

I am sure with a few hundred friends behind you they are not going to refuse you entry Wink

We need to take this to the next level no more pussy footing around, if all the head burier's dont want to join in then fuck them, it was always going to be left to the internet guys to organise something.Back of the Arkells before and after Saturday, we must force these cunts out of OUR club before it is too late.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 09:10:26 »

I usually disapprove of this style of rumour-mongering, but I hope I'll be forgiven on this occasion.

I have heard rumours concerning a certain individual connected with the club - who I am told originate from a reliable source close to the club - that the Fitton talks have hit an impasse because this individual has realised he will not profit personally.

This is possibly not the most startling revelation to hit these message boards, but thought it would be of interest.

As I've posted on MOS, I really do think it's now or never for a concerted show of dissent against the board.  And I'm not talking about Mickey Mouse style, internet arranged placard waving behind the Arkells Stand - but a Macari-style mass protest from a wide section of the fans.

If the fan base at large continues to ignore what is unfolding in front of their eyes then, frankly, we don't deserve a club in Swindon.  Stick you head in the sand if you want to, but in 30 years from now your grandchildren will be supporting Reading.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 09:12:48 »

Quote from: "lambourn red"

I am sure with a few hundred friends behind you they are not going to refuse you entry Wink

We need to take this to the next level no more pussy footing around, if all the head burier's dont want to join in then fuck them, it was always going to be left to the internet guys to organise something.Back of the Arkells before and after Saturday, we must force these cunts out of OUR club before it is too late.

If we do force them out, then what happens? Who pays the CVA? Talks will collapse for sure and we're fucked.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 09:13:00 »

Quote from: "lambourn red"

We should remember that the FL deadline that is supposedly in place is Friday.

Saturday is too late...........

It's All Good..............
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 09:13:38 »

If the takeover does collapse then a protest should go ahead. But lets not jump the gun yet. It hasn't officially fallen through yet....

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, November 27, 2007, 09:15:30 »

Quote from: "Batch"
I've got the adver - main points are:

- Sunday meeting to clear up issues cancelled. Re-arranged meeting cancelled.
- Fitton growing frustrated and fatigued at length of time taken to complete deal. Doesn't know how to push it over the line
- Adver say the 500K compo from Sturrock + £250k saved wages would help club meet immediate liabilities enabling the current incumbents retain control.

---

So this is plan B is it. Screw the club. Me me me me me me. Money money money money money.

They are having a fucking laugh. If the CVA isn't paid pronto, the whole amount (£5m+) falls due. Plus if they think HMRC are going to wait much longer for their £2m (outside the CVA), they're even more deluded than we thought. Even in the highly unlikely event they manage to persuade some of these to "renegotiate", the "immediate liabilities" amount to about £2-3m at a conservative estimate. They going to cover that from Sturrock's wages?

Even the £500k they think they're going to get for Sturrock is deluded
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: