Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Saturday  (Read 13483 times)

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 13:55:06 »

i think the momentum is well and truely back for protests to be effective.whether saturday will, i dont know(poor numbers ect)
but the only reason the protests fell flat on their arses last time,was at sturrocks request.he's fucked off so who is there to upset that matters?
i also think the comments regarding most people as not caring are totally inaccurate.just because the majority dont protest doesn't mean they dont care for stfc.if they didn't care why would they attend games.
and delta's plastic swipes were equally daft, as people that have strong opinions and have have disagreed are not necessarily plastic!if they have an opinion on stfc and genuinely care(which i dont think is questionable)then plastic they aint!

i'd also like to ask how people think the protests were so succesfull last time?
yes. it got some page space and got on local tv news but what did it acheive? imo nothing!
so i'd say if protests are going to happen then change strategy and go for something different. not the shouting behind the arkells,screaming abuse at the directors box stuff that had minimal effect.

if done right, numbers could exceed the last lots by loads, as sturrock aint here and that put people off last time
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 13:57:09 »

Come on then arriba, what ideas have you got?
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 14:02:32 »

Good post arriba

agree totally
sonic youth

« Reply #138 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 14:06:04 »

i think the cheltenham protests were successful to a degree, it spawned plenty of local coverage and raised awareness. i don't think anyone thought that the protests would immediately result in the resignations of the board members or anything similar - how would you define success?
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 14:07:11 »

Err James, that hasn't been discussed in public yet.

Remove please squire...

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 14:08:23 »

i think the reality is only money will do anything to save stfc from the current lot and all the protests we could dream up wont really acheive anything exept to highlight our plight.
so momentum yes,results who knows?
but i dont blame anyone for trying.desperate times and all that....
a peacefull well organised march is the best way to protest imo as it wont get negative press and couldn't get board members and the public calling it intimdating,yobbo's etc
sonic youth

« Reply #141 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 14:09:28 »

Quote from: "Samdy Gray"

Remove please squire...

it's been on here already
McLovin

« Reply #142 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 14:12:52 »

My dad is quite concerned about us going under, but is in no way inclined to protest. This annoyed me last night, and i ended up questioning his sexuality.
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 14:41:11 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
Quote from: "Samdy Gray"

Remove please squire...

it's been on here already

Must've missed that then. Even still though, element of surprise and all that.
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #144 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 16:26:28 »

I do agree with a few people who have said that to get the full attention of the media and to cause a stir a few hundred people or more need to go onto the pitch either before the game or at half time, this would delay the game slightly, they are not going to arrest hundreds of people, this would really grab the attention of sky sports news, bbc etc especially when the bbc are going to be there on saturday, but i know a lot of people won't be up for doing this incase they are banned, however it is a great thing to do to get the attention we need, shouting behind the arkells has little effect on the board, we need to put them under alot more pressure to make them crack.
red macca

« Reply #145 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 16:38:06 »

More secrets then yeah
kevjoycreed

« Reply #146 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 16:42:58 »

Quote from: "red macca"
More secrets then yeah

Secrets which are obviously going to get the masses interested in whats going on  :?
Maverick

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 22:20:19 »

FWIW I think the only way you will get "Mr/Mrs/Ms Average STFC fan" involved is to organise a march based on positive messages ...... in other words .... "Save Our Swindon" or "We Want Fitton" or other such non-confrontational messages. Most people I have spoken to have said that they would certainly be prepared to join a march with that message as it would show how much everyone wanted the club to survive.

The problem with confrontational/negative/hostile protests is that no matter how right/accurate they may be ... it will still immediately alienate significant numbers and break up a united voice into disparate factions. From the extremes of Kingston to the ordinary "fan in the street" there are those who will see "troublemaking busybodies - you know who you are  Wink " as dick-waving fanatics who are not helping the takeover process. Whether they are right or wrong is irrelevant - it is dividing the common interest - saving the club from possible extinction.

There is probably too little time to organise enough publicity now before Saturday - but this is IMO the only way that you will get significant numbers of people so that the media, Andrew Fitton, Seton Wills and others could not ignore it.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 22:32:46 »

Fuck it

Flawed but effective

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n70/FredElliot_2006/bush_strategery.jpg
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Wednesday, November 28, 2007, 22:33:55 »

Cheesy Nice one Fred.

BAZINGA !!