Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Football Manager 2005  (Read 6718 times)
Whits
Morphined Up

« on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 19:31:40 »

Hows everyone getting on.

I got promoted in my first year @ swindon then got relegated straight away. Hoping for a successful year but sheff utd are a bit good  :? http://www.whits.plus.com/files/swindon.jpg

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
LDK

« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 19:41:14 »

My Carlisle Utd. team are currently doing very nicely....
Won promotion to the 3rd division in my first season after winnign the conference with 99 points Cheesy :
Would post up an image of our current 3rd position in league 2, but i'm not gonna be there for much longer as a position for nottingham forest is about to become vacant Cheesy
Oh, and I beat Oxford at their shitty stadium 3-0 in the league Soapy Tit Wank
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 20:01:05 »

get in, just beat sheff utd to end there 12 match winning spree! the reds are going up.

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 20:04:11 »

Promoted with Swindon 1st season,staved off relegation 2nd and have just taken over Charlton cos I was bored of swindons tight finances.

/
W56196272
DMR

« Reply #4 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 20:09:51 »

Haven't played for ages.

Promoted via playoffs in first year, 12 games in second season I'm fifth with 7 wins.... not bad at all IMO. Beat Sunderland 4-0 at the SoL on opening day!
Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 20:54:45 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
Promoted with Swindon 1st season,staved off relegation 2nd and have just taken over Charlton cos I was bored of swindons tight finances.

Boooo....  Loyal supporters *clap clap*  Cheesy
Trowbridge Red

« Reply #6 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 21:09:44 »

Finished top with 100 points in first season.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/pfi5h/Swindon%20Season%201/table_1st_season.gif

Then struggled a bit in the Championship 19th after 13 games.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/pfi5h/table.gif
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 21:09:45 »

Not Football Manager, but CM01/02 but I don't care (what a rebel, hey?)...

Something quite strange just happened. My centre back at Real Madrid kicked an Espanyol player and got sent off. In Spain you get an automatic one match ban and then they decide if they should extend it. I appeal every ban for the sake of it. A week later the FA got back to me (well it posted a message in my news) saying that he had been suspended for a further 8 games (blinkpip et al, that's a total of 9 mate Smiley). Then a couple of days after, they then deicded to revoke the whole ban. Oddness.
LDK

« Reply #8 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 21:33:05 »

Just dropped Carlisle for Watford in league 1..... alot harder challenge than i thought, they have a crap squad with no decent youndgsters, no money and no wages funds, what a joke..... 1st game in charge: beat Hull 4-2 at home though, obviously form is temporary, class is permanent, just like me Wink
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, December 6, 2004, 22:23:51 »

I've really not got into it lately, though I've tried to play a bit. I'm 4th in my first season I think. I've not really settled on a tactic yet.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, December 9, 2004, 20:43:38 »

I've just got Oxford into the Premiership:

season 1: Div3 (9th or something)
season 2: Div3 (2nd)
season 3: Div2 (1st)
season 4: Div1 (2nd)
season 5: Prem

Robert Green
Queudrue
D.Mills
C.Davenport
Dellas
Downing
D.Murphy
J.Greening
N.Quashie
H.Camara
M.Viduka

Photographic proof later.
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, December 9, 2004, 20:48:14 »

I can't wait. Already decided that I'm gonna be Weymouth in my first game (if my computer can take it). I would get it off MSN or Kazzaa or whatever, but it's been tradition for the last 11 years to get it on Xmas day. Then I can really get to grips with it whilst watching the boxing day Test in South Africa.  Cool

In 2037 on Cm 01/02. I epxect I'll play it up until Xmas day.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, December 9, 2004, 21:26:32 »

I have just got Swindon to the premiership. It went down to the wire this season but I just about managed to win the championship, kenny lunt, rhys evans and igoe all made the team of the year. They've given me a 600k transfer budget even though I got 12m from tv rights. :evil:  but I've signed up some quality players on frees so hoping to avoid relegation.
Titch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, December 9, 2004, 22:34:30 »

Just so you all know the patch has been released today and can be downloaded from www.sigames.com

I can now start playing again!!! Cheesy

y wings are like a shield of steel!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, December 9, 2004, 23:02:56 »

I am now in 2009.

2004/2005. In my first season I got town into the play-offs. In the first season I finished 5th and played Bradford. Won the first leg at home 6-2. Decided to rest my best players for the final and ended up losing 6-1!  

2005/2006 Second season I finished second easily. Had to sell Parkin to Norwich for £1 million as he wouldn't sign a new contract and Fallon ended up being top scorer in the league with a value of 3.3 million

2006/2007 Struggled in the championship with a fairly small squad. Relegation looked a certainty until I messed about with tactics and ended up a creditable 19th.

2007/2008 Decided to strengthen squad significantly as I made a bit of money from transfer wheeling and dealings. Signed (what I thought) some class players, Carl Cort, Henri Camara, David Graham etc etc but couldn't find a winning trend. Decided Fallon wasn't cutting it in the championship and sold him for 1.3 million to Bristol City. Tinkered about with tactics again, bought some dodgy foreigners who turned out to be quite good and ended up finishing 22nd, just escaping relegation.

2008/2009. My best season yet so far. Found a winning tactic (5-3-2) and strenghtened my squad with quality foreign players. Started off well and was top after 16 games. Then lots of injuries hit me and I started to go through a bad spell. Good cup run has kept my season alive, and I am limping along in 10th in the league. Away to Watford (League 1) in the 5th round of the cup so great chance to get to the quarters.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: