Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: scotland's big game  (Read 6721 times)
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, November 19, 2007, 13:51:39 »

Got back from Glasgow late last night and I am gutted. Even more so that I predicted that we wouldnt make it but england would. But Saturday night I finally realised after years of saying " I support two teams, Scotland and whoever is playing england", I dont really care about england any more.

English football exists in its own little bubble and thinks its much better than everyone else's. Whether its "The premiereleague is the best in the world" or thinking the national team is actually alot better than it really is.

As for how bad Scotland are... Id love to have seen how england would have done in our group. It always amazes me how england really struggled to qualify out of arguabley the easiest qualifying draw out of the lot.

Another thing is the whole thing that as players are scottish they cant be as good as the english. If Gordon was English the whole country would be masturbating over how good he is, but as he is scottish, no-one south of he border notices. Alan hutton has turned into a top class rightback and I heard a rumour over the weekend that Man Yoo were sniffing about. McManus is a top class centre back who is head and shoulders above Jolean fucking Lescott and quite possibly on a par with John Terry. But again, he isnt english is he??? :-))(

Oh and for the record 99% of Scotland fans dont hate the english. granted some idiots do. Most want to see england get beat as you are our biggest rivals, just the same way you love to se germany or argentina get beat. And a large proportion dont really give a flying fuck either way, but do get pissed off at having everything that is england rammed down our throats.

Anyway. Cant wait for the WC draw. After our great improvment over the last couple of years, and in moving up to the 2nd seeding pot again, I fully expect to get at least a play off place for 2010, and depending on who we get as first seeds, possibly even automatic qualification.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Spud

« Reply #46 on: Monday, November 19, 2007, 15:13:43 »

Quote from: "SwindonTartanArmy"
Another thing is the whole thing that as players are scottish they cant be as good as the english. If Gordon was English the whole country would be masturbating over how good he is, but as he is scottish, no-one south of he border notices. Alan hutton has turned into a top class rightback and I heard a rumour over the weekend that Man Yoo were sniffing about. McManus is a top class centre back who is head and shoulders above Jolean fucking Lescott and quite possibly on a par with John Terry. But again, he isnt english is he??? :-))(

ahahaha sit back down William, John Terry for Chelsea shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breathe as Mr McManus, Terry is quite clearly a world class defender, yes ok McManus is good but not world class.

Oh and for the record 99% of Scotland fans dont hate the english. granted some idiots do. Most want to see england get beat as you are our biggest rivals, just the same way you love to se germany or argentina get beat. And a large proportion dont really give a flying fuck either way, but do get pissed off at having everything that is england rammed down our throats.

That's not our fault, i think you should be blaming the English media who make us out as the world class side that we aint.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, November 22, 2007, 10:30:09 »

Quote from: "chalkies_shorts"
To me, Scotland are the international Oxford. I don't want them to qualify for anything but the way they don't qualify is always greatly entertaining. Pre Vogts they used to screw it up at the last minute. Under Vogts they just got straight down to work and screwed up from the first minute - now they're back to screwing it up at the last minute again. The nat=ural order of thnigs has been restored.
Saying that England are crap at the moment. I did enjoy the comments about Beckham's delivery. It must be really difficult to find a 6' 7 from a corner - once.
Is this the same Scotland who, up until recently had qualified for more World cups than england, depsite being 10 times smaller?

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, November 22, 2007, 11:37:20 »

To me, Scotland are the international Oxford. I don't want them to qualify for anything but the way they don't qualify is always greatly entertaining. Pre Vogts they used to screw it up at the last minute. Under Vogts they just got straight down to work and screwed up from the first minute - now they're back to screwing it up at the last minute again. The nat=ural order of thnigs has been restored.
Saying that England are crap at the moment. I did enjoy the comments about Beckham's delivery. It must be really difficult to find a 6' 7 from a corner - once.
Is this the same Scotland who, up until recently had qualified for more World cups than england, depsite being 10 times smaller?

and then bottled the 1st round every time?
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, November 22, 2007, 11:38:57 »

Quote from: "Colin Todd"

and then bottled the 1st round every time?
:shhh

sonic youth

« Reply #50 on: Thursday, November 22, 2007, 11:40:57 »

scotland ought to be barred from qualification for a succession of criminal songs.
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, November 22, 2007, 11:41:45 »

Harsh but fair!

Sad to say, i must be on my way
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, November 22, 2007, 11:45:24 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
scotland ought to be barred from qualification for a succession of criminal songs.
Allys tartan army was quality!!!

Did you not see the Tartan Army got to number 9 in the charts last week? Outselling Elvis, Sugababes, Nickelback, Junkie Winehouse, Craig David and britney spears Beers

SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Thursday, November 22, 2007, 11:46:29 »

Allys tartan army was quality!!!

Did you not see the Tartan Army got to number 9 in the charts last week? Outselling Elvis, Sugababes, Nickelback, Junkie Winehouse, Craig David and britney spears Beers
And are englands songs any better? apart from maybe 3 lions which was annoyingly catchy.

Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, November 22, 2007, 11:48:23 »

Vindaloo,Back home,World in Motion,This time. Need i go on?

Sad to say, i must be on my way
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Thursday, November 22, 2007, 11:51:14 »

Quote from: "Fogster"
Vindaloo,Back home,World in Motion,This time. Need i go on?
no, because they are all pish!!!

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, November 22, 2007, 11:52:30 »

World in Motion is a classic. No-one can deny that. Twenty times better than 3 lions.  Cool

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
sonic youth

« Reply #57 on: Thursday, November 22, 2007, 11:53:09 »

world in motion is a classic. anyone who denis this obvious fact does not have ears
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, November 22, 2007, 11:54:11 »

Id rather stick needles in my ears!

Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, November 22, 2007, 11:56:21 »

world in motion is a classic. anyone who denis this obvious fact does not have ears

The John Barnes rap is immense.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: