Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Town for £1  (Read 3518 times)
OneAndrewFitton

« Reply #15 on: Saturday, November 17, 2007, 22:06:19 »

It looks as if the wills are getting desperate to sell the club! Wiping out the £3m for his shares etc proves this.
Also the creditors getting impatient is putting even more pressue on seton wills to sell up before things get worse and then he would be left with nothing.
This takeover seems to be going really well but i will not believe anything until it has all been signed, why is it that this takeover seems to be going so smoothly? it must be because diamond mike is not included in the negotiations obviously.
Is it definitley true that diamond mike is out of the picture? i for one cannot wait for him to leave this football club, it will be like the club being reborn and we will no longer be lifeless, we may finally have something to look forward to and no longer have to worry about off the pitch matters.
HarryFleming

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, November 18, 2007, 09:28:20 »

Fantastic news all round. Particularly the nasty Greek going!

Seems though that BP's offer which was the same was refused by Diamandis. Now he's (allegedly) lost power at the club, £1 is acceptable agan.

Wouldn't mind betting Fitton allows BP on the board to settle the 1.2m.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, November 18, 2007, 11:54:48 »

So we should know one way or the other by this time next week....presumably if it goes tits up at the last minute, we wont be told before the Rovers game, as  a large protest back of the Arkells, wouldn't go down well with OB at this game.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, November 18, 2007, 12:04:36 »

Mr Fitton is still insisting that nothing will be completed before the 26th November so dont hold your breath Reg.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, November 18, 2007, 12:13:52 »

Quote from: "jjedmunds"
Mr Fitton is still insisting that nothing will be completed before the 26th November so dont hold your breath Reg.

I'm just going on this quote in the Adver.

Fitton has extended his exclusivity clause until the end of the month but all parties remain hopeful November 26 could see the deal finally sealed
Red End Street

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, November 18, 2007, 13:03:50 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Quote from: "jjedmunds"

I'm just going on this quote in the Adver.

Fitton has extended his exclusivity clause until the end of the month but all parties remain hopeful November 26 could see the deal finally sealed

The sooner the better

Better Red Than Yellow
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, November 18, 2007, 13:36:37 »

Actually the fans consortium offered a million more than than the clubs worth, (as I recall) so Diamandis has cost Wills over a million quid.

Still, the Fitton deal sounds better every time we hear something new. Imagine a Diamandis free club !.
Hope they do a half season ticket, cos I will get one if this happens.
I take it as read that No Diamandis, & the commitment to ryn the club openly & honestly & consult with fans means that the cronies will go too.

From the Dark Side
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, November 18, 2007, 14:10:44 »

Quote from: "Phil_S"
Actually the fans consortium offered a million more than than the clubs worth, (as I recall) so Diamandis has cost Wills over a million quid.

Still, the Fitton deal sounds better every time we hear something new. Imagine a Diamandis free club !.
I take it as read that No Diamandis, & the commitment to ryn the club openly & honestly & consult with fans means that the cronies will go too.

I think we're all  ABD's anybody but Diamandis, but a note of caution should be sounded, that if the club is to be run on strictly commercial lines, we may be overachieving at the moment and perhaps should be expecting to see retrenchment rather than progress.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, November 18, 2007, 16:04:29 »

I think we're all  ABD's anybody but Diamandis, but a note of caution should be sounded, that if the club is to be run on strictly commercial lines, we may be overachieving at the moment and perhaps should be expecting to see retrenchment rather than progress.

That's one way it could go, certainly short term.

The other way is a tightening of costs (interest on loans, admin expenses, etc) which sees us maintain our current budget.  If we can then progress the stadium/other revenue streams we could well end up a lot better off.

Given the debts we clearly have no option but to suck it and see.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, November 18, 2007, 18:52:47 »

Quote from: "Phil_S"

Ticket office were advertising a half-season ticket a fortnight ago!!  Believe it commences on January 1st.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #25 on: Sunday, November 18, 2007, 21:15:12 »

Looks like old andonikunt has been given a kick up the arse as well to get the CVA paid now!
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, November 18, 2007, 21:36:10 »

Quote from: "Batch"

That's one way it could go, certainly short term.

The other way is a tightening of costs (interest on loans, admin expenses, etc) which sees us maintain our current budget.  If we can then progress the stadium/other revenue streams we could well end up a lot better off.

Given the debts we clearly have no option but to suck it and see.

My old man always uses that saying when talking about a property deal in my office.  Always makes me laugh!

neville w

« Reply #27 on: Monday, November 19, 2007, 13:14:40 »

Quote from: "HarryFleming"
Fantastic news all round. Particularly the nasty beautiful going!

Seems though that BP's offer which was the same was refused by Diamandis. Now he's (allegedly) lost power at the club, £1 is acceptable agan.

Now that, sir, is a very good shout !

I had wondered if BP might be lurking in the background somewhere.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #28 on: Monday, November 19, 2007, 13:23:50 »

Quote from: "neville w"
Quote from: "HarryFleming"
Fantastic news all round. Particularly the nasty beautiful going!

Now that, sir, is a very good shout !

I had wondered if BP might be lurking in the background somewhere.

I was having exactly the same discussion with my dad over the weekend, would make a lot of sense all round.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, November 19, 2007, 13:31:22 »

Would be great to see BP on the board with Fitton and Co. We shall see.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: