Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: luke garrard  (Read 2366 times)
alex

« on: Saturday, April 9, 2005, 13:48:30 »

what happened to him? broke into the first team and didn't do too badly in my opinion. why does he now never even make the squad?
Dazzza

« Reply #1 on: Saturday, April 9, 2005, 14:00:45 »

Jenkins seems to be the preferred option of late.  King seems to have forgotten him slightly, which he tends to do with the yuffs that break into the side.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, April 11, 2005, 03:36:04 »

Don't recall exactly, but didn't he have a bit of a dodgy game and was unceremoniously dropped the following game and ever since? King tends to panic when that happens.
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, April 11, 2005, 14:00:52 »

i heard from an ex-youth team player that they had an argument about something & king hasn't picked him since. same thing happened last season with chris taylor & he hasn't played since either. king is an arse
adje

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, April 11, 2005, 15:45:51 »

Mainly not picked because he wasn't much cop-be honest.Another James Williams ,I'm afraid.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, April 11, 2005, 16:10:04 »

I had mixed feelings about Garrard - always looked better going forward than back, and was prone to mistakes, perhaps he modelled himself on Duke?

Jenkins is a solid pro at right back - the sort of player we need right now, not youths, but now the season is drawing to a close perhaps he'll get another a runout.  I wouldn't mind seeing Jenkins in Hewlett's role as he did quite well in a similar position against Luton.

Am rather worried about all these fallout theories with King - however, I somehow am disbelieving that a player of Garrard or Taylor's calibre would fallout with King over not being selected.  If that is the case, then I would suggest these players have the wrong attitude.
Marie

« Reply #6 on: Monday, April 11, 2005, 16:18:11 »

I speak to luke every now and then and his attitude seems to be spot on to me. He's really annoyed he got dropped frm the squad after he thought he had done okay but he's accepted it and hes now working harder to get back into the squad. But as walrus said, hes got to try and beat Jenkins for position and thats hard.
Piemonte

« Reply #7 on: Monday, April 11, 2005, 18:47:01 »

He had a mixed period in the side for me, some good, some bad.

I think he'll make a decent, if unspectacular player in a couple of seasons time
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, April 11, 2005, 21:00:40 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
He had a mixed period in the side for me, some good, some bad.

I think he'll make a decent, if unspectacular player in a couple of seasons time
I think that when Jenks goes/retires this will be the case.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, April 12, 2005, 08:39:38 »

Garrard didn't do anything too special, but he didn't make huge mistakes a la Dukey and Ifil.  Harsh to be dumped out of the squad, but that's Kingy for you.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: