Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brunel FM...  (Read 3046 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, November 12, 2007, 17:13:55 »

Perhaps he isn't able to listen to them ergo thay are cunts by default?

Reception aside, I think Saturday went to show what a much better matchday 'package' BBC are able to put on rather than Brunel.
Much I don't like Brunel's commentator, that is down to personal tastes I guess. Some people prefer him. But it's the pre/post match show that makes all the difference and the BBC are by far and away better at it. And the BBC have scaled that side of thing down from last year IMHO!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, November 12, 2007, 17:24:50 »

Who was the know-all co-commentator on Brunel

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
glos_robin

« Reply #17 on: Monday, November 12, 2007, 18:03:25 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
in that case what are you basing that on?

The fact he can't get reception? I can't listen to them even if I wanted to (admittedly go to most matches so not a big problem) but the Carlisle away match for example I won't be able to listen to the game whereas I could get Radio Swindon. So in my opinion Brunel are cunts also  Cool
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2007, 09:36:09 »

Brunel weren't going to turn down the opportunity to host the commentary, it's the club that let the fans down, not a Wootton Bassett radio station.

Time to move on, on this one.  Or at least aim the abuse in the right direction.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2007, 09:52:23 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Brunel weren't going to turn down the opportunity to host the commentary, it's the club that let the fans down, not a Wootton Bassett radio station.

Time to move on, on this one.  Or at least aim the abuse in the right direction.

To be fair, there ARE things Brunel can do to improve their reception if they wanted to spend the cash.

There's a DAB multiplex all over the northern two thirds of Wiltshire they could get on if they were willing to pay the cash to do it.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2007, 10:52:04 »

Would you when you know the football coverage will be taken away in a matter of months?

Not worth it, I'd imagine they would want to get their station accepted in Swindon and near surrounding areas before going further a field.
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2007, 13:11:22 »

Would you when you know the football coverage will be taken away in a matter of months?

Not worth it, I'd imagine they would want to get their station accepted in Swindon and near surrounding areas before going further a field.

No I wouldn't - but we also don't know it is going to get taken away. Didn't the original annoucement say it was a two or three year deal?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2007, 13:43:20 »

I can't see it staying on there to be honest, especially if the takeover happens!

Fitton has business sense, why narrow down the audience?  Only a complete and utter knobjockey would decide to alienate out of towners!
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2007, 15:24:03 »

I can't see it staying on there to be honest, especially if the takeover happens!

Fitton has business sense, why narrow down the audience?  Only a complete and utter knobjockey would decide to alienate out of towners!

Maybe, we'll see. I can't see Brunel being happy about the club reneging on a long-term deal ... but I'd obviously be happy if they did!

(Just think, we might have another court case on our hands!)
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2007, 17:10:31 »

Would the court case have to keep on being adjorned to fit in the ad breaks?
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, November 13, 2007, 17:29:31 »

Possible solution ... as BFM have the broadcast rights why can't they arrange to subcontract broadcasts to the BBC? Just like networking TV programmes. If feasible, and handled in the right way, BFM would gain much good PR and most importantly make a wider audience happy. Maybe they could arrange some sort of simulcast (said in an all knowing techie sort of voice).
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, November 14, 2007, 08:26:12 »

Quote from: "wheretherealredsare"
Possible solution ... as BFM have the broadcast rights why can't they arrange to subcontract broadcasts to the BBC? Just like networking TV programmes. If feasible, and handled in the right way, BFM would gain much good PR and most importantly make a wider audience happy. Maybe they could arrange some sort of simulcast (said in an all knowing techie sort of voice).

That'll never happen in a million years - either the BBC do it or Brunel do it, but they'll never effectively rebroadcast each other.
Marie

« Reply #27 on: Friday, November 16, 2007, 12:41:23 »

From what i heard Brunel are being sold alongside Bath FM so not sure what's happening. No one from the station has told me that, but someone from another radio station (just wanted to say that just in case i wasn't supposed to say anything?)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: