Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Leyton Orient matchday thread  (Read 10363 times)
Scot Munroe

« Reply #120 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2007, 22:41:26 »

Quote from: "Iffy's Onion Bhaji"
What was the attendance?

Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2007, 22:42:21 »

Quote from: "Scot Munroe"
Quote from: "Iffy's Onion Bhaji"
What was the attendance?

Surprising actually. Thought it would be about 1000 less than that.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2007, 22:50:24 »

Oooh, one other point - nice to see the referee book that cheating cunt for diving.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Tuesday, November 6, 2007, 22:56:49 »

Quote from: "redbullzeye"
Quote from: "reeves4england"
Quote from: "STFC dave"
haha were they Cheesy woops

I like the you've got chlamydia chant though I must say!

R4E - sorry I don't get the chant could you enlighten me Oops
I wasn't there so I'm just taking at face value as an insult to the keeper...I may have missed summat!
sonic youth

« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2007, 00:08:40 »

yeah, why did everyone hate nelson? the smug cunt wasn't gloating after we equalised though.

poor game, neither side looked like scoring. zaaboub turned in his obligatory good performance for the month, bizarrely at left-back, whilst the peacock on the left experiment sort of worked - he won headers which zaaboub didn't on saturday.

didn't think adams was that bad, put himself about, won tackles, made simple passes. looked a little off the pace and lacking sharpness though.

paynter looked as though he was still at southend.

some people near me booed pook when he came on. madness.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2007, 00:11:20 »

To be fair, Paynter was up against what has to be one of the best centre backs in the league.
neville w

« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2007, 07:40:53 »

I don't know if I'm allowed to say it, but McGovern was rubbish tonight.

Zaaboub  MOTM, Ifil very good, Brezovan much better than before, Comminges had his worst game that i've seen. Peacock increased the aerial threat but looked out of position.

Paynter was nowhere, Corr didn't exactly set the world alight but was an improvement.

Thought Adams was rubbish after about 20 minutes.

Aljofree, Easton and Cox were just ok

Must better game to watch than Doncaster, Orient looked neat and organised and will be up there for the season I'd think
normy

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2007, 07:57:48 »

Quote from: "neville w"

Zaaboub  MOTM, Ifil very good, Brezovan much better than before, Comminges had his worst game that i've seen. Peacock increased the aerial threat but looked out of position.

Paynter was nowhere, Corr didn't exactly set the world alight but was an improvement.

Thought Adams was rubbish after about 20 minutes.

Aljofree, Easton and Cox were just ok

Must better game to watch than Doncaster, Orient looked neat and organised and will be up there for the season I'd think

Agree with most of that. Also, Mc Govern again kept drifting inside so we had no wide options, and cannot beat his man, is he really a winger? With no winger on the other side either, I thought it was a boring display by us, and Orient showed us how to play good approach football with competent wingers. Without my season ticket, this long ball rubbish would not attract me through the gates.They produced many scoring chances which they missed, while we hardly threatened. I thought Pook played some neat approach passes when he came on and did better than Adams. Only Zaboob showed any threat and skill on the day.

ust be the oldest
fatbury

« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2007, 08:26:46 »

My assesment of the evening

Good solid performance against a very good team.. nearly spoiled by letting one in  .. showed great character to equalise.

Points - Leyton Orient are nearly top .. the half time BOOING off of the team was a disgrace and made me wonder what morons we have supporting the team.  The support from the crowd tonight consisted of little more than moaning and very few songs .. worst ive heard for ages.

Defence was solid - Jerel was immense - Zaaboub excellent at left back .. even Comminges did ok

Midfield .. didnt exist .. Easton tried but didnt get very far .. Adams absolutely AWFUL .. Peacock out of position and out of the game wide left .. McGovern struggled but tried

Forwards - given poor service they did ok and never stopped trying .. some of the balls forward to Paynter and Corr were so awful they really didnt stand a chance against top defenders.

Once again tho I go back to that half time booing .. I was fuming about that at half time .. BRING ON THE WYCOMBE and PLEASE SUPPORT THE TEAM!!
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #129 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2007, 08:29:13 »

Zaboub was MOM. Ifill played well. McGovern was useless but better than Adams. Our delivery first half was absolutely dire. Peacock is not a midfielder - he neither supports the attack or helps the defence. Paynter was beaten in the air for everything. Brez looked a lot better. Cox ran the channels well but with no support.
The worrying thing for me is the bloody great big gap between Ifill and Aljofree which attacks seem to fill quite nicely. Also, we are very slow to commit players forward. Towards the end we had 2 attackers against 6 of theirs. We were a home side, 1-0 down.
Overall a bad game but better than Saturday.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2007, 08:35:19 »

Quote from: "normy"
Quote from: "neville w"

Agree with most of that. Also, Mc Govern again kept drifting inside so we had no wide options, and cannot beat his man,

You forgot to add that he seems largely incapable of tracking back. I know the guy has quality, but are his instructions 'go where you like' because positionally he is all over the shop at the moment to the detriment of the team.

Our shape improved a bit on t'other side when Roberts came on too.

IFIL MOM for me.
Spencer_White

« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2007, 08:40:08 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
yeah, why did everyone hate nelson? the smug cunt wasn't gloating after we equalised though.

Nelson hates us. He made his debut for Brentford about 4 years ago when he was 17 at the CG and he got a really rough ride. Town End has abused him ever since, he scored the winning penalty for Brentford last season in the Carling Cup.
McLovin

« Reply #132 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2007, 08:42:37 »

Is it only me who was annoyed with Peacock for not lofting it over Nelson after his cock up? That was very poor from the guy.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2007, 08:48:13 »

Thought a point was a fair result.The lack of width was a concern,not sure if moving Peacock to the left worked,though he might come good in the position after a couple of games.Looked a lot more solid at the back,Jerel was absolutely immense,my motm,seemed as if he was the only defender we had out there and nothing was going to get past him Cheesy

And DV got to meet my Brother,lucky him Cheesy

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
Scot Munroe

« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, November 7, 2007, 09:39:07 »

Mcgovern has been below par for a couple of games now. Paynter was against a very good Orient defence who's only lapse was conceding 5 goals against Swansea at home. Orient was first to every 2nd ball. They were the best team i have seen at CG this season.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: