Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jamie Vincent  (Read 4082 times)
Toni

« Reply #15 on: Sunday, November 4, 2007, 13:45:21 »

I thought Minge and Ifil were excellent. Aljofree and Nicho were poor. I want Vincent back.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #16 on: Sunday, November 4, 2007, 13:49:26 »

I thought Nicho looked a bit shakey and tbh we probably do miss the organisation Vincent brings. We would have been even more narrow had vincent played though.

I think Vincent will play centre back on his return. Sounds like Ifil won't be playing when certain people come back from injury (according to Sturrock).
glos_robin

« Reply #17 on: Sunday, November 4, 2007, 16:49:30 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
I thought Nicho looked a bit shakey and tbh we probably do miss the organisation Vincent brings. We would have been even more narrow had vincent played though.

I think Vincent will play centre back on his return. Sounds like Ifil won't be playing when certain people come back from injury (according to Sturrock).

Is that due to Ifil's injury? As without Ifil's pace we will be done time and time again in behind....Ifil even when not playing at his best would be first name on the teamsheet for me even ahead of Aljofree as I think Ifil has got Aljofree out of trouble a fair few times.
Aljofree and Vincent in the middle would be a strikers dream IMO as absolutely no pace and neither are the tallest...
sonic youth

« Reply #18 on: Sunday, November 4, 2007, 16:56:54 »

neither are exactly midgets. aljofree is the same height as ifil and he's solid in the air.

dropping ifil would be foolish
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, November 4, 2007, 18:30:00 »

I've always thought Vincent's one of our most important defensive players, okay so he may not offer a hell of a lot going forward but he's a class defender.  No surprise to me that we're missing him.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, November 4, 2007, 20:10:18 »

Vincent was being pelted on this forum before he got injured but has become one of our best players in the last two weeks

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, November 4, 2007, 20:56:14 »

Sturrock said Ifil will need to be rested as he's playing and training through pain and he won't be able to keep doing that.

I still think Vincent is a shit left back.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, November 4, 2007, 21:00:50 »

Quote from: "adje"
Vincent was being pelted on this forum before he got injured but has become one of our best players in the last two weeks

not by me he wasnt.

In the Nationwide by the touchline its his voice you hear ALL the time, even at the back of the Nationwide with the mega fast idiot clappers to my right I can still here him barking orders at the defence.

Heard nothing from Nicholas, Aljofree, Ifil or Comminges yesterday.

Talking & communication is a very important part of football, once that often isnt seen by the fans.....but some players excel at it and others, well dont.

Our main talker is missing and we've looked worse off for it.
sonic youth

« Reply #23 on: Sunday, November 4, 2007, 21:18:06 »

he can stand on the sidelines warming up and shouting then co9s he's a shit left back Cheesy
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, November 4, 2007, 23:23:50 »

The non-regular fullbacks, and walking wounded, may explain why we are apparently lumping it.  Are they playing the way they are because that's how they are told to play?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, November 5, 2007, 09:08:24 »

Just because a few people on here slated him doesn't mean the TEF endorsed this treatment of JV.  We can have different opinions Adje, I'm a JV supporter and think he's a big asset to the side.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, November 5, 2007, 10:06:52 »

i still think vincent is crap.

officially blacker than the night.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, November 5, 2007, 10:54:01 »

He was definately awful at Millwall. Always backs off and 'sherks' away from a challenge.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Toni

« Reply #28 on: Monday, November 5, 2007, 13:06:31 »

Quote from: "janaage"

Just because a few people on here slated him doesn't mean the TEF endorsed this treatment of JV.  We can have different opinions Adje, I'm a JV supporter and think he's a big asset to the side.

I agree with you. I prefer JV over AN any day of the week.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #29 on: Monday, November 5, 2007, 13:11:19 »

Even Thursdays?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: