Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Power gets a right slagging on the OS  (Read 5485 times)
Dazzza

« Reply #15 on: Monday, October 29, 2007, 16:25:38 »

A PR exercise entitled “Pissing in the Wind” by Robert Holt.

Although what is interesting is that Power and Emmel must believe they have a strong case if they were prepared to ‘short-circuit’ the trial procedure although you have to look at the existing board’s recent court room successes feel confident with Mickey Mouse as your advocate.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, October 29, 2007, 16:26:52 »

Is the date for a full court case set, or was that the date for the 'short circuit' ruiling?
sonic youth

« Reply #17 on: Monday, October 29, 2007, 16:30:48 »

by the way could someone explain what 'short circuit' means? i keep picturing johnny 5...
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, October 29, 2007, 16:32:15 »

Quote from: "Dazzza"

Actually, it's Robin.
WorcesterRed

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, October 29, 2007, 16:33:35 »

Quote from: "Dachauer"
Quote from: "reeves4england"
Quote from: "Colin Todd"
http://www.swindontownfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10341~1154871,00.html

Love the logic. The club cant afford to pay back loans so would of course never take any from anywhere under any circumstances.

SO HOW THE FUCK IS THE CLUB £18m IN DEBT?
Not praising the board as to be honest the way that article is written is prroly attempted propaganda beyond belief, but I do feel people are just slagging the board off for the sake of it now

I agree with that

I don't understand these comments that appear to support the Board version.

By implication, you are by default saying that Bill Power would willy nilly hand over over a million punds without checking first of all that the Company that he is lending it to could not pay it back?

Now I am not sure who is correct, but I sure would not be choosing the Board's version of events over any others.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, October 29, 2007, 16:34:02 »

legal eagle needed

can anybody explain what the short circuit stuff means - I believe there is a court case scheduled for the 9th november.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, October 29, 2007, 16:35:36 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
by the way could someone explain what 'short circuit' means? i keep picturing johnny 5...

Enter judgment by default.

ie : there is no legal defence to the action, hence judgment is issued in default negating the need for trial and the possibility of trying to fight thereafter for any costs awards
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Monday, October 29, 2007, 16:37:44 »

Quote from: "ron dodgers"
legal eagle needed

can anybody explain what the short circuit stuff means - I believe there is a court case scheduled for the 9th november.

FWIW, the 9th November hearing is a directions hearing only, it is not the start of the trial.

A period of disclosure with follow prior to any high court date being scheduled
Dazzza

« Reply #23 on: Monday, October 29, 2007, 16:37:47 »

I think it's just a case of declining to even know how the defence will argue their case in an attempt to get the case to court.  They’ve probably taken one look at Mike Diamandis’ track record in court and decided there’s probably no need to know what ludicrous defence they re going to argue.

Just speculation but if a deal is close to being completed at the club then and any hope of a fan’s takeover is dead in the water it would make sense for Power and Emmell to sit back and strengthen their hand in court rather than rush it through.  Even as solid a case as they may have it makes sense to know what the defence will be if there is no incentive for an earlier day in court.

ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, October 29, 2007, 16:37:56 »

thanks Fred
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, October 29, 2007, 16:44:37 »

No problemo
Dazzza

« Reply #26 on: Monday, October 29, 2007, 16:51:45 »

Quote from: "Samdy Gray"
Quote from: "Dazzza"

Actually, it's Robin.

I prefer Robert so Robert he is.  Cheesy

redbullzeye

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, October 29, 2007, 16:55:23 »

"Speaking for Holdings, Mike Diamandis said: "Much of the present ill feeling towards the Board emanated from a meeting of October 6th last year when Paul Davis presented a report regarding Bill Power's departure from the Club."  

Yep never mind the previous 4 years of on the pitch cock-up, financial disaster and contempt for fans opinions.  This statement is more muggy than a mug who's been studying muggism at mugsville university etc
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, October 29, 2007, 17:04:06 »

And the meeting in question (where we laid out what had gone on causing Bill and Phil to leave the club) was in late September - the one on 6th October was the "peace meeting" brokered by Cliff Puffett that you torpedoed two days later, remember Mike?

But then I'd hardly expect a grasp of detail from a man who's apparently unable to tell whether the club broke even or not.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, October 29, 2007, 17:27:49 »

Oooh a little beauty here....

I particularly like the way in which in which all the woes of STFC are laid at the door of Paul Davis.....it might seem funny to us, but there are people who'll believe this.

Its classic tactics of trying to isolate busy bodies....it was tried previously on buttering up Rob T and Sonique,  then a more draconian approach in getting OB to visit Sam, followed by the outrage of the  banning the TEF 2.

Its important that we don't allow this to happen.....even if its just explaining to people in home, pub or workplace the true nature of events.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: