Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The 8 Players  (Read 3036 times)
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 11:24:07 »

Caton is already at North Leigh on loan i think. Scored twice the other week,
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 11:45:18 »

You got the three from best.
Caton (is he still contracted here?)
Rigley (is he still contracted here?)
Allen on loan hopefully
Mohammad on loan

Do players like Collins count? ie him going back to Hull....I guess we are paying some of his wages

thats 8 then

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 11:47:49 »

think you are just about spot on dv
chrisser

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 12:00:52 »

I hope DV is right.  Having seen the JPT matches, both Allen and Mohamed look promising but need regular games.

However, in terms of wages, none of Caton, Rigley, Allen or Mohamed will be amongst our highest earners so savings would be small.  Adams must be vulnerable as he only got a 6 month contract and isn't playing for the 1st team
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 12:15:13 »

Quote from: "chrisser"
I hope DV is right.  Having seen the JPT matches, both Allen and Mohamed look promising but need regular games.

However, in terms of wages, none of Caton, Rigley, Allen or Mohamed will be amongst our highest earners so savings would be small.  Adams must be vulnerable as he only got a 6 month contract and isn't playing for the 1st team

That's my worry, we all agree that the 'triumvirate' are gonners - and rightly so, but the financial side of it is leaving me concerned with regard to the four mentioned above - they wouldn't be on a grand a week between them, which of course all helps but it's neither here nor there when it comes to our overspend.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 12:15:26 »

I think Ridgley went a couple of months ago?

I come from a land down-under
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 12:17:14 »

I expect Blackburn to go back to morecambe being quite honest. If you think about it Ady Williams is on his way back, Nicho is back so that leaves us with enough cover at the back really, especially with Zaaboub apparently playing at the back as well now.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 12:35:13 »

seen as we needed him in at short notice I expect Sam Collins is on a fair bit and I expect we're paying most of, if not all of his wages.

If we werent they surely being injured he would have gone back to Hull by now.

We also have no idea how 'over' the wage budget we are, so maybe we only need to make some small savings.

My guesses have been on what, in my opinion is realistic but would also benefit/have no impact on the squad.

I would be extremely pissed off if the likes of Ifil, Brezovan, Easton and Peacock etc ended up going in January purely to balance the books.

In the long term, it maybe more benefical to gamble and win more games, get in better crowds and finisher higher.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 12:41:11 »

Maybe Cox back to Reading as well now Corr is fit (although i hope not)
sonic youth

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 12:59:00 »

as rich said in another thread, if £1m is 'neither here nor there' to the new investors we're supposedly in advanced negotiations with, why the need to trim the squad?

iirc sturrock wanted a squad of about 23-25 players, all of whom are capable of providing competition and playing first team football.

i'd expect that along with arrieta, almeida and anzite (i wonder if best were gonna start signing three players of each letter) then we'd shift the following...

Adams
Caton
Mohamed (loan)
Tozer or Allen (loan)
and Collins back to Hull
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 13:19:06 »

I don't see Blackburn going anywhere to be honest. Hope I'm not proved wrong!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 13:21:12 »

nor tozer.he's only a youth no need to loan out yet imo
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 14:59:43 »

How did we get over budget so badly though, don't all clubs have to issue accounts to the FL at the beggining of the season on the previous seasons turnover so we don't go over the 60% of turnover cap and I thought while we was under a CVA the FL had to approve player purchases / loans ?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 17:39:30 »

Quote from: "arriba"
nor tozer.he's only a youth no need to loan out yet imo
Not allowed to anyway Arriba.  He is only on "apprentice" wages, and still plays in the youth team.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, October 24, 2007, 17:42:15 »

Quote from: "Power to people"
How did we get over budget so badly though, don't all clubs have to issue accounts to the FL at the beggining of the season on the previous seasons turnover so we don't go over the 60% of turnover cap and I thought while we was under a CVA the FL had to approve player purchases / loans ?
Believe the turnover cap only applies to Division 2.  I am sure the League do still have to approve our incoming transfer dealings though.  Expect Big Mike dealt with it in his usual way - "no problems, cos Uncle Bob told me!"
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: