Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: christian roberts  (Read 1476 times)
the goat

Ignore
« on: Thursday, November 8, 2007, 19:38:24 »

why is he not in the starting line up?
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, November 8, 2007, 20:01:34 »

lazy

I come from a land down-under
stfc_steve

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, November 8, 2007, 21:26:11 »

not lazy when he is on the left wing, just out of favour at the moment, i rate him
STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, November 8, 2007, 22:30:16 »

Quote from: "stfc_steve"
not lazy when he is on the left wing, just out of favour at the moment, i rate him

Is that your thoughts?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, November 8, 2007, 22:56:54 »

because JPM is a Sturrock old boy, so gets picked first on the right wing.

we hoof the ball across to the left wing and Roberts is cack in the air.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, November 8, 2007, 23:04:46 »

Should start, end of story. Doesn't take a genius.

My only thinking can be that Sturrock knows his mentality, so knows he needs a boot up the backside at the first sign of his form dropping off. but to do it only a fortnight after he tore Gillingham (granted, Bobby Howe would've walked straight into that side) to shreds, was a bit surprising.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #6 on: Friday, November 9, 2007, 07:15:18 »

Hasnt been training fully due to injury as he stated himself a few weeks ago, hes awaiting an operation on some part of his anatomy.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, November 9, 2007, 07:22:38 »

and if we've got zaboob left back and roberts left midfield i think we may end up conceeding a few

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, November 9, 2007, 09:01:33 »

Harsh, Zaaboub was excellent at left back on Tuesday.

Roberts has torn most teams he's played to peices, and it's most fans of the teams we've played have said he's our best player which I agree with tbh. His attitude has been great so far this season as well, I just don't understand why he has so many critics.
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, November 9, 2007, 09:33:04 »

Because he's a winger Tails my man, unless you're Giggs or Ronaldo you've got to put up with a slating every now and then, usually one bad touch and the good work a winger may have put in in the previous 3 matches is instantly forgotten about, then it's another three matches of near perfect play to get back on track with the fans, and so the circle begins...

Wingers frustrate by nature as it's their responsibility to try the things that supporters get wound up about if they don't work.
neville w

« Reply #10 on: Friday, November 9, 2007, 10:40:48 »

Quote from: "Tails"
Harsh, Zaaboub was excellent at left back on Tuesday.

Roberts has torn most teams he's played to peices, and it's most fans of the teams we've played have said he's our best player which I agree with tbh. His attitude has been great so far this season as well, I just don't understand why he has so many critics.

Yes, but the point was. I believe, that Zaaboub had some protection in front of him in the form of Peacock (albeit not desperately effective), whereas Roberts is not renowned for his defensive work rate.
Barry Scott

« Reply #11 on: Friday, November 9, 2007, 10:47:31 »

Quote from: "bennett"
and if we've got zaboob left back and roberts left midfield i think we may end up conceeding a few

True, but as me and mate discussed. Those 2 on the same side of the pitch, over lapping and running at the opposition would put the fear of god into them when we attack. JPM would be the least of their concerns.

Anyone think 'Boub is a bit porky?

Don't get me wrong, he's plenty quick and I love him, but i just think with a few less pounds, he'd be even quicker and even better.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: