Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: So wheres arrieta?  (Read 2290 times)
Colin Todd

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, October 17, 2007, 08:35:24 »

He's not been seen for weeks. I assumed that the foreign lads were not playing because of the problems with the deal with BEST, but almedia and Anzite (have we or BEST actually signed him or is he just hanging around?) both played for the reserves, yet Arrieta gets no mention at all in Sturrocks latest update

Whilst Paynter and Cox are clearly the 1st choice front 2 now, Arrieta looked alright to me, and played in a similar style to cox, just older and not as good. I'd rather have him on the bench than the mighty Blair.

So several questions really: Is arrieta still at the club? If so I assume he is injured? And what is the score with the players that BEST signed. The statement yesterday alluded to the fact that they were BEST's liability. I'm thinking that this may be at least part of the basis for any legal action they take
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2007, 08:53:55 »

I saw him last Tuesday after the match skulking about around by the tunnel?
STFC_Chris
Charlie Croker

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2007, 09:02:50 »

He was watching the reserves yesterday in the directors box. I got the feeling he probably doesn't get on with the other players, as he decided to sit on his own rather than with the 10 or so first teamers that were there. Does he speak English?
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2007, 09:06:32 »

Quote from: "STFC_Chris"
He was watching the reserves yesterday in the directors box. I got the feeling he probably doesn't get on with the other players, as he decided to sit on his own rather than with the 10 or so first teamers that were there. Does he speak English?

No he doesnt speak hardly any english I dont think
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2007, 09:07:57 »

In the game against Luton when he game on I saw Peacock gesticulating to him to hold the ball in the corner late on in the the style of a british man tring to talk to a non english speaking foreigner. based on that I dont think he speaks English
Dale_STFC

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2007, 11:19:16 »

Can someone enlighten me;

What if Arieta, Almida, Anzite and Paynter are all Best Holding Players, would STFC be in trouble for having played players on the field they dont actually own?
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2007, 11:38:36 »

Quote from: "Dale_STFC"

What if Arieta, Almida, Anzite and Paynter are all Best Holding Players, would STFC be in trouble for having played players on the field they dont actually own?

ala West Ham

I come from a land down-under
Dazzza

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2007, 11:44:21 »

Quote from: "Dale_STFC"

Not if the club own the registration.  It's been fairly common for 3rd parties to fund transfers a bit like the Red Army Fund if you will.

A few years back there was talk of schemes where fans could purchase a share in a player to fund their transfer and then receive any profit received from future sales.  Similar to the Argie Bargie at West Ham but without holding the registration and economic rights.

Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2007, 12:03:59 »

Quote from: "Jamiesfuturewife"

CLASSIC

sonic youth

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2007, 12:12:31 »

Quote from: "STFC_Chris"

charlotte and a spanish journeyman striker have something in common - whoda thunk it?
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2007, 12:25:14 »

Oh shut up you lot!  Oops
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2007, 12:29:15 »

Them guys will be gone before long.
Northern Red

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2007, 12:29:42 »

I saw him last Tuesday after the match skulking about around by the tunnel?

Channel Tunnel trying to get a sneaky lorry back to France/Spain?
returnofthereds

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2007, 12:46:57 »

Don't care where he is as long as he is nowhere near the pitch on a Saturday afternoon.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2007, 12:51:51 »

The main question is though who is paying these 3 or 4 lads - was it agreed that Best will fund them, signing on fee's, transfer fee (Painter), Wages, if so that could form the basis of legal action as a start, for Best to re-coup there initial outlay.

And of curse it depends if Sturrock wants any of the portugese players as well.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: