Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Muted Protests On Saturday?  (Read 3332 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 14:49:28 »

Don't get me wrong I'll be there on Saturday, but with the latest press statement from the club and the inevitable reporting of it by the local media, I think the protests will be quite small in scale.

A lot of people will either swallow it whole, or fear rocking the boat.

Also, the statement reports that SSW is walking, one of things we were protesting about!

If it's true, brilliant. If it's another smokescreen then they've done a top job as it will definitely impact on the numbers that join in Saturday...................

It's All Good..............

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 14:51:10 »

i fear it'll be a few round the back of the arkells post match saturday now.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 14:58:59 »

Tough decision now
In a way a protest seems stupid and pointless after this statement, but there is still nothing concrete in place to say the club will be ok

:|
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 15:04:53 »

No no no, R4E!

You've been taken in, exactly how they wanted it.
TalkTalk

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 15:09:24 »

Quote from: "Samdy Gray"
No no no, R4E!

You've been taken in, exactly how they wanted it.

Hear hear Sam.

How gullible do they think we are?

Last night nearly everybody applauded the "won't believe a word of it again" point.
Spencer_White

« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 15:19:50 »

Its a very good statement in STFC terms.

I think most people knew there would be some sort of appeasement towards the fans this week. To me, the situation remains the same, I want Diamandis gone, never to come back ever, not even to make programs.

The statement makes it look like its all Best's fault. But actually they hid their true intentions, and delayed due dilligence. They got found out, and BEST made mugs out of them. Tough shit.
sonic youth

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 15:23:25 »

even if it is true, it's just a boy who cried wolf situation now. however, this announcement will appease some of the less militant fans amongst us and i can see the numbers protesting this weekend dwindling to a few dozen again.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 15:28:43 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
even if it is true, it's just a boy who cried wolf situation now. however, this announcement will appease some of the less militant fans amongst us and i can see the numbers protesting this weekend dwindling to a few dozen again.

Sad to say i agree with you.  We underestimate the ability of most of our fans to be placated.  Especially the many who would rather be in a pub than protesting in the first place.  There are already plenty of "no need to protest" posts on thisis, regardless of what you may think of the site, our fans are like that.
flammableBen

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 15:54:37 »

I don't think I'll be protesting on Saturday.
Digglie

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 16:24:45 »

I'd like to know specifically what the protests are about and the desired outcome?
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 16:26:48 »

then you'd assume your starting point would be other threads you've already posted on digglie

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Digglie

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 16:30:43 »

Maybe I haven't read the bits you have but it's not clear to me hence the post. I'm not playing devil's advocate and I have a general understanding that the protest is about discontent with the management of the club, but unless the main points are better articulated so that they are specfic and measurable then whatever their merits, the protests on Saturday may not be well understood.
glos_robin

« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 16:35:11 »

It's to get rid of Seton Wells and Mike Diamandis, the 2 worst things ever to happen to STFC.
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 16:36:20 »

Quote from: "Digglie"
Maybe I haven't read the bits you have but it's not clear to me hence the post. I'm not playing devil's advocate and I have a general understanding that the protest is about discontent with the management of the club, but unless the main points are better articulated so that they are specfic and measurable then whatever their merits, the protests on Saturday may not be well understood.

read them then. taaaaa daaaaa

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Digglie

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 16:38:33 »

Quote from: "glos_robin"
It's to get rid of Seton Wells and Mike Diamandis, the 2 worst things ever to happen to STFC.

Dunno about worst 2 things but agree with general sentiment.

How will the protests achieve this? Just curious.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: