Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Russia Vs England  (Read 11244 times)
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2007, 22:15:24 »

Quote from: "StefPol"
Quote from: "Ralphy"
Stefpol, you say we boo other teams national anthems, what a load of bollocks.

Did you watch the game this afternoon? Hear the Russians did you when they played our anthem?

Typical English response.

Most national team supporters boo England's national anthem, as England do it to them in the first place.

Ive been to many a Poland game, and the only two times ive ever heard Poland fans boo oposing national anthems is both Germany and England.  They boo the German anthem because of the war.  They boo the English anthem as the English fans always boo ours.

Im pretty sure if you watch Russia play most other national teams in their current euro 2008 group, you would not hear them boo the oposing teams anthem.

Last month i went to Lisbon and watched Poland vs Portugal.  We clapped their national anthem, they clapped ours.

In the last world cup campaign, i went to Northern Ireland and Wales away games.  We clapped their national anthem away, they clapped ours.  When i went to the home Poland games, the same again happened

As i say, England fans will boo any oposing teams national anthem (even small teams like Andorra or San Marino).  However in most cases, there is no history or real reason why England should do this.  Fair enough i can understand why England may boo the German anthem.  But booing every flippen nation - well its sad.

If you've ever been to Wembley, you will always here the man on the tannoys say  'please respect the oposing teams national anthem', and even Gary Lineaker on match of the day has pointed how sad and pathetic it is that the English fans boo oposing teams national anthems.

Most of the people on this forum are just English born and bread, and do not understand culture outside England.  

When people like Dachauer make comments about England and English media + people, i dont think he is meaning to piss you off.  Hes just telling the truth, and i can relate to many of his comments.

I was at wembley on saturday and not one fucker in the crowd booed the national anthems.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2007, 22:19:20 »

They were all at the bar though axs. I saw all the empty seats  Wink
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2007, 22:25:54 »

Mclaren out!!!!!  :twisted:
Sussex

« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2007, 22:29:02 »

Blackcurrants got a long trek home.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2007, 22:31:32 »

Quote from: "tans"
Mclaren out!!!!!  :twisted:

If we fail to qualify he will be.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2007, 23:32:34 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
They were all at the bar though axs. I saw all the empty seats  Wink

the bar was fucking shut, and i quote 'Because it's an afternoon match'.

Last time I went there it was an evening match and the bar was open. and that was against the germans. how the fuck does that make any sense?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, October 17, 2007, 23:42:42 »

They only serve Carlsberg anyway...meh
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Thursday, October 18, 2007, 06:36:11 »

Please note the following is not a critism of England, the English (thats a first  Wink )etc just my view:
I was a bit surprise that Steve Maclaren was given the job, give as he was the puppet for shouting the tactics when Sven was in charge.
The only problem you had when Sven was in charge was that you would go one goal up and then play negatively (except against us) if he would have powered on you would have beaten Portugal in the last world cup and perhaps even Brazil the one before. At the last world cup you had the best chance for many years to win it, but the tactics again gain a lead play negatively.

I don't think you are a bad team, you just need a manager who is prepared to go for the kill when leading.

I come from a land down-under
flammableBen

« Reply #98 on: Thursday, October 18, 2007, 07:41:43 »

Quote from: "Dachauer"
Please note the following is not a critism of England, the English (thats a first  Wink )etc just my view:
I was a bit surprise that Steve Maclaren was given the job, give as he was the puppet for shouting the tactics when Sven was in charge.
The only problem you had when Sven was in charge was that you would go one goal up and then play negatively (except against us) if he would have powered on you would have beaten Portugal in the last world cup and perhaps even Brazil the one before. At the last world cup you had the best chance for many years to win it, but the tactics again gain a lead play negatively.

I don't think you are a bad team, you just need a manager who is prepared to go for the kill when leading.

Wow, that fascinating insight really highlighted some points that I don't think any of us had considered.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Thursday, October 18, 2007, 08:01:47 »

If England fail to qualify for euro 2008, then who would you guys want as the next England manager?

Some people + tabloids have suggested Jose Mourinho as a possible replacement.  This surprises me a little, considering only a few months ago most fans and newspapers wanted an Englishman to manage England.  This was because no foreign manager would have the same passion and enthuiasm when managing a team as an Englishman would.

I think Englands biggest problems are

(1) Whilst managing England is an attractive proposition, media and fan pressures + expectations are way to high.  As a resukt, top international managers like Hiddink and Scolari would prefer to manage other decent international football teams where the media and fan pressure is not as great

(2) England rarely play friendly games away from home against decent teams.  England always play friendly games at home, and lack major experience of going to hostile grounds (ie Russia, Croatia, Germany - even Poland) and playing in these different atmospheres.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Thursday, October 18, 2007, 11:14:51 »

Wow who'd have thought not having the net i'd miss so much
red macca

« Reply #101 on: Thursday, October 18, 2007, 11:18:20 »

Quote from: "donkey"
Quote from: "Dachauer"
ffs we are losing against bloody czech republic

Czech Republic rocks (it's now 3-0!).  And yeah, I'm half-Czech.   Tongue

I was in Germany when you guys won in Prague, shame I'm not in Czecho tonight!

All the Turkish were out on the streets of Cologne clebrating beating the Greeks that night...another one that's turned around tonight.

Norn Iron's goal in Sweden was bloody good.
look at the seedings it is in germanys interests to finish second,
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Thursday, October 18, 2007, 11:39:09 »

Anyone else think that Gerrard needs to be dropped? I think he has been utter muck the last few games, his touch seems to have dissapeared and that chance he missed which would hav settled the game you would expect him to finish 9 times out of 10.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
red macca

« Reply #103 on: Thursday, October 18, 2007, 11:40:56 »

Agree to a cerain extent about gerrard but who would you replace him with certainly not lampard.

Buck stops with the manager
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Thursday, October 18, 2007, 11:51:01 »

Quote from: "red macca"
Agree to a cerain extent about gerrard but who would you replace him with certainly not lampard.

Buck stops with the manager

On last nights performance my Gran!! She would have at least got that effort on target.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: