Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PROTESTS  (Read 23440 times)
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 13:19:19 »

sandy gray was there, well till half time. she endured 45 minutes of me (who was only sat a dozen seats from her) asking her in a loud voice various questions including  so are we going to pay the cheltenham board? sandy they are sat just behind you, are you going to pay them? if you do make sure you dont forget the VAT.

i then asked the chetltenham board if they had been paid and they all said no we havent. i pointed out that sandy was the one to see about it but good luck.

i asked sandy where the lucas/wise/parkin/elton john/season ticket money had gone.

i asked her if she actually knew what she was doing.

and finally i shouted out her address.

wonder why she left at half time.
sonic youth

« Reply #226 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 13:20:52 »

her husband tried to stare me out during the second half...odd man
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #227 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 13:21:06 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
Quote from: "Si Pie"
I just saw axs on points west. Shexy

How long was coverage

Only about a minute and a half tops. It was a ten minute local news slot though so I reckon it might get a little more coverage this evening
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 13:21:55 »

Points west - do they do local in the first half hour or the 2nd as its opposite to ITV and I can't remember which way round it is?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 13:23:33 »

Quote from: "sonic youth"
her husband tried to stare me out during the second half...odd man

shouldve twatted the cunt imo.
sonic youth

« Reply #230 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 13:29:16 »

my arms aren't ten foot long, tans.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #231 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 13:32:26 »

Points west - do they do local in the first half hour or the 2nd as its opposite to ITV and I can't remember which way round it is?

itv west tonight - 6pm-6.30pm

bbc points west - 6.30pm-7pm

You'll miss Hollyoaks though
Spud

« Reply #232 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 13:34:53 »

Fuck watching the news then.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 13:36:43 »

Cheers!
Spencer_White

« Reply #234 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 13:43:07 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
Quote from: "STFC dave"
Ah ok. Thats abit silly

As opposed to just being ignored?

Charging the doors is silly because it gives the press and board an excuse to use the "all fans are hooligans" line. The vocal protests were brilliant, but "hooligans try to storm into the ground" will sell more than "disgruntled fans show their frustration." You only have too see the photos in the poaper too see which way the advers going..

I just dont think it cuts any mustard. The fact that weve not only been ignored, but actually slagged off by the board shows to me that these are not reasonable people.

even more reason to take the moral high ground.

charging the doors when there's stewards and police stood there, some with batons, is only going to give the protest negative press and detract away from the actual mssage.

i appreciate the frustration people felt but getting aggressive and physical at a protest is only going to make us look like a bunch of idiots.

I remmember what Brighton did in 1997. To be frank they were brilliant. Their chairman had the cheek to say he was selling the ground leaving them nowhere to play. So they had multiple pitch invasions and pulled down the cross bars. In some ways our board are worse, they are saying (as far as I understand) someone give us £8 million golden handshake or the club is dead.

Im sure most people would see tearing down the cross bars as far more idiotic, hooligans etc. But they werent, they were legends throughout the football community for that.

Im not interested in the moral high ground, I want this cancer out of the club. Besides you'd have to go some to be lower than Diamandis in the moral stakes.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 13:44:15 »

Ah ok. Thats abit silly

Charging the doors is silly because it gives the press and board an excuse to use the "all fans are hooligans" line. The vocal protests were brilliant, but "hooligans try to storm into the ground" will sell more than "disgruntled fans show their frustration." You only have too see the photos in the poaper too see which way the advers going..

I just dont think it cuts any mustard. The fact that weve not only been ignored, but actually slagged off by the board shows to me that these are not reasonable people.

charging the doors when there's stewards and police stood there, some with batons, is only going to give the protest negative press and detract away from the actual mssage.

i appreciate the frustration people felt but getting aggressive and physical at a protest is only going to make us look like a bunch of idiots.

I want this cancer out of the club.

Absofuckinglutely, but how?
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 13:50:14 »

I've e-mailed Roman Abramovich.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 13:53:44 »

Ah ok. Thats abit silly

To be honest I disagree to an extent I think we need both we need supporters there who are peaceful but we also need people there that feel so strongly and passionately that they go over the top at times.

Last night was brilliant because we had alot better numbers and protested for a good amount of time but I cant help feeling that people charging the doors and making the back of the adver just might make people like Mikey D sit up and think about the repercussions of taking this club under.  

Its all well taking a printing company under in Devon and making a few people angry, taking a football club under effects thousands and IMO would lead to far worse things than people charging the doors of the ground.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #238 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 13:59:28 »

I propose a course of chemotherapy for the club. That'll get them out.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 14:04:33 »

Really annoying that I couldn't go last night but it looks like you made a good point and got this well sorted so well done!

Hopefully there'll be a chance to do the same after the next home game although it is a long long way away
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: