Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Cheltenham  (Read 9259 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 07:36:43 »

Pook was easily our best player last night.

I don't know where he was supposed to be playing by the end of the night! Started off at right back, then left midfield, then right midfield, occasionally popped up as a striker and then into centre midfield.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 07:38:05 »

Quote from: "Northern Red"
Booing isn't called for but given our new strikers, Sturrock should be shipped out as soon as possible really...
But daddy will keep him on and keep playing him  :|

Stupid comment imho.

Since Paynter and Cox arrived he hasn't had a sniff in the league.

I expect him to be shipped out on loan soon (If we still exist) Luggy signed him before this 'takeover' raised it's head, when we were short on cash (Ha fucking ha)

It's All Good..............
McLovin

« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 08:35:43 »

Pook has had a good season so far, and made one positional mistake at right-back for the goal, and that was it. Fucking morons got on his back. I was praying he would score at teh town end and give them hell.
fatbury

« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 08:43:53 »

Even id admit he wasnt at his best .. but in an understrength team out of position he didnt warrant the abuse he got
West Country LaLaLa

« Reply #109 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 08:46:01 »

As a town end regular I've now decided I've had enough of many of the morons in there and won't be going in there again.

thought booing pook was absolutely disgraceful, it was his fault for the first goal - slipped and was punished for it. Cue moronic booing and endless shouting/swearing/laying into pook.

2nd goal - poor defensive play all round (on the left side), shot comes in (which brez could well/and should well have saved). Cue moronic booing and shouting at pook even though he wasn't even on that side of the pitch!

Pook is not a right or left back, never i think played in these positions before and it showed - a mistake on sturrocks part. But for god sake, give him a break for it. The endless abuse he gets is enough to make any player feel really s**t about themselves - is that going to help their performance?! No! Pook played a much better game when he moved into the midfield (a role he has recently played very well in and clearly a role he feels more confident in).

I wonder if these idiots who put so much effort into barracking a player on the pitch are as vocal against the board off it (as should be the case).
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 08:49:27 »

I'm glad I didn;t go in the TE in the end.  Just goes to show the mindless morons still exist in there.
fatbury

« Reply #111 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 09:03:13 »

Quote from: West Country LaLaLa
As a town end regular I've now decided I've had enough of many of the morons in there and won't be going in there again.

thought booing pook was absolutely disgraceful, it was his fault for the first goal - slipped and was punished for it. Cue moronic booing and endless shouting/swearing/laying into pook.

2nd goal - poor defensive play all round (on the left side), shot comes in (which brez could well/and should well have saved). Cue moronic booing and shouting at pook even though he wasn't even on that side of the pitch!

Pook is not a right or left back, never i think played in these positions before and it showed - a mistake on sturrocks part. But for god sake, give him a break for it. The endless abuse he gets is enough to make any player feel really s**t about themselves - is that going to help their performance?! No! Pook played a much better game when he moved into the midfield (a role he has recently played very well in and clearly a role he feels more confident in).

I wonder if these idiots who put so much effort into barracking a player on the pitch are as vocal against the board off it (as should be the case).[/quote]

Good post ..
Spencer_White

« Reply #112 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 09:22:18 »

I also think these players are facing the possibility that all this months work will be for F-all money, people should remmember that.

I didnt hear much booing of Pook, but I did hear a bit of the Blair abuse. To be honest, I think people have a right to be upset that we paired up two reserve strikers. I can understand the frustration, people want to see goalscorers. Surely Cox should have played at least?

Poor decision by Sturrock for me, should have given the game more respect. And weve still never beaten Cheltenham.
fatbury

« Reply #113 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 09:23:55 »

at the end of the day Blair scored and Kaid has to play some time ...
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 09:31:00 »

we made 8 changes to start with.  Found it a bit concerning as not sure if that is classed as a strong enough team?
fatbury

« Reply #115 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 09:32:36 »

I certainly expect another fine ..
Spud

« Reply #116 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 09:57:34 »

I don't understand why we didn't put out a near enough League starting eleven considering we haven't got a game at the weekend!

As soon as i saw Blair Sturrock and Kaid Mohammed upfront i knew we weren't going to win.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 10:18:26 »

Mohammed was our best player imo, was the only one to play with any sort of urgency. Pook did ok when he moved into centre mid, but was still nothing special. And how the fuck can the adver give tozer motm!?!? he was fucking diabolical.

Town end atmosphere was fucking awful aswell. all the 14 year olds moving over form the nationwide, can you please fuck off. That higgs chanting was getting on my fucking tits  :x  And you cant call someone a fucking uselsess cunt without a group of 13 chavs looking round at you in amazement and pissing themselves with laughter :x  :x

Things get better but they never get good
Toni

« Reply #118 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 10:22:02 »

Quote from: "fatbury"
I certainly expect another fine ..

No i don't think we will. Listening to BBC Radio Swindon after the game Luggy said that they had to ring the FL yesterday morning and ask if they could field a weakened team as we have lots of injuries at the minute.
fatbury

« Reply #119 on: Wednesday, October 10, 2007, 10:26:37 »

oh well thats something ... stupid we got fined first time around
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: