Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: £5,000 Fine  (Read 4308 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« on: Friday, October 5, 2007, 06:15:46 »

It would appear that STFC have been fined £5,000 for fielding a "weakened" team in the JPT last month.  11 changes not acceptable to the FL!!  And we still won!! :roll:
Rich Pullen

« Reply #1 on: Friday, October 5, 2007, 06:39:11 »

Probably why Sturrock has indicated that he will field a strong team vs. Cheltenham!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, October 5, 2007, 06:52:01 »

ridiculous fine
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, October 5, 2007, 06:52:06 »

Quote from: "ronnie21"
It would appear that STFC have been fined £5,000 for fielding a "weakened" team in the JPS last month.  11 changes not acceptable to the FL!!  And we still won!! :roll:

They might have to wait a while for it to be paid.
Spud

« Reply #4 on: Friday, October 5, 2007, 07:20:26 »

It's a fucking disgrace that you have to put your best side out in a tin pot trophy!

It's ok for Premiership teams to do the same in the Carling Cup though.  :wanker:
fatbury

« Reply #5 on: Friday, October 5, 2007, 07:33:06 »

that is stupid .. like you say we won the game and those other players needed a chance to show what they can do
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, October 5, 2007, 07:45:53 »

Its not stupid at all.  It stated in the rules that teams were not allowed to put out a weakened side and we broke those rules!

We deserve that fine - problem is we probably can't pay it.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #7 on: Friday, October 5, 2007, 07:48:13 »

Yup - the rules were in place - the topic was discussed on the matchday thread.

Needless fine.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, October 5, 2007, 10:09:34 »

Waste of time. Hope the FL will be patient waiting for the money  Wink
The_Plagiarist

« Reply #9 on: Friday, October 5, 2007, 10:20:52 »

Such a bullshit rule, it's so subjective. How can anyone definitively determine who the strongest team is anyway? If we lose a match with our supposed "Strongest team" then make eleven changes because they all performed shite and our other eleven wins a match, who's the fuck to say which is the strongest team. Do you then take into account the opposition? and what team they had fielded? It's a ridiculous rule and one that in theory can be successfully appealed every single time. Especially when you win four fucking one.
Barry Scott

« Reply #10 on: Friday, October 5, 2007, 11:37:20 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
Its not stupid at all.  It stated in the rules that teams were not allowed to put out a weakened side and we broke those rules!

We deserve that fine - problem is we probably can't pay it.

Of course it is a stupid rule. It's not like we can choose to not play in the cup is it? I believe you should be allowed to choose whether you can play in a crappy cup if you have to have new rules forced on you.

Do you seriously think we should have to adhere to these rules, possibly jeopardising our season, because some cunt who runs the JPT says we should field a strong team for a completely nothing competition?

As someone else mentioned, the big guns do it for the Carling cup...

I personally think it is disgusting that teams in the lower leagues have to field strong teams in a cup with no prestige, no glamour and no ability to grab the fans imagination and get them excited with dreams of becoming JPT Trophy holders. It's not like the FA Cup?

To use a word owned by Rich, it's shit.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, October 5, 2007, 11:40:22 »

I'm not saying its a good rule, I think its crap too but you completely missed the point!

I'm just saying its stupid to moan when we broke rules that were blatently in place that we should have abided by!

What makes us different that we shouldn't have to abide by them?
Spud

« Reply #12 on: Friday, October 5, 2007, 11:47:33 »

Rules are there to be broken.  Cool
Spencer_White

« Reply #13 on: Friday, October 5, 2007, 11:47:55 »

To be fair, this is the only way it will become a respected competition.

But as has been said before, maybe they should have punnished the top flight clubs who totally devalued the FA and League cups. Course the real reason is their lawyers are too good.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, October 5, 2007, 11:49:11 »

Quote from: "Spud"
Rules are there to be broken.  Cool

Not at the cost of a fine they're not.  If we can't find 25k to pay Cheltenham where are we going to find another 5k to pay this?

Fucking pathetic if you ask me.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: