Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swansea v Swindon Matchday thread  (Read 21411 times)
Run_the_bath

« Reply #225 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2007, 00:07:41 »

Quote from: "axs"
i thought there were 10,135 there?

just checked on sky sports and it seems your right, i was only going by what i thought was said on the tannoy. couldnt really hear it all that well though!
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2007, 00:09:51 »

fair shout, i thought they said 500 swindon fans on the tannoy at hartlepool, turns out it was less than half that i think.
flammableBen

« Reply #227 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2007, 00:44:10 »

Sat in the Nationwide once I was convinced the tannoy said that the attendance was 17.   A quick count proved me wrong, but it did leave me wondering if they were counting people with souls or something.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2007, 08:08:38 »

Smith was definitely off the field and they came at us from the right back position J Smith would normally have been in.  Problem being no-one thought they'd cover J Smiths place whilst he was receiving treatment.

I agree with Si that Vincent was utter gash - he cannot run and insists on jogging towards players instead of actually running in an attempt to win the ball.  I lost count of the number of times Sam Collins came to deal with his ridiculous errors.  I actually think Vincent and Zaboub were at joint fault for the 1st goal - Zaboub lost it and Vincent couldn't defend it.

Commingues looked ok however did get caught out a number of times but tried his hardest to win it back and one of the only players not scared to tackle.

Zaboub and Vincent cannot play down the left together.  When Zaboub gets possession, Vincent doesn't make any run for him and just jogs along behind him - doesn't work.  I liked the way earlier in the season J Smith and Roberts played off each other - maybe the other two can take a leaf out of their book.

Ifil and Collins looked pretty solid - Collins especially considering its only his 2nd match in a year.  Ifils challenges seem to just be improving and very rarely gives away anything to the opposition.

Cox ran his butt off.  Chasing down balls, constantly running at players, superb effort and Paynter did ok too however looked absolutely knackered at the end.

I thought Easton had a good game.  Peacock however didn't really do anything.  Pretty innefective - debatable for Pook to be given more of a chance early on perhaps?

Finally, Ref was absolutely appalling - should have had a penalty, gave everything Swanseas way and I hope he gets suspended as Si said.

Their mascot also looked nothing like a Swan - more like a heron with a broken neck.

I also dislike welsh kids immensely.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2007, 08:29:55 »

I nearly got thrown out \ Cheesy /

Those stewards were absolutely fucking appauling. So it's ok for 1000 welsh sheep-shagging twats to stand up over there, but I'm not allowed to stand up? Cunts, the lot of 'em.

Only 'reason' we got is 'Well I'm dealing with this part of the stand, not that one'.

Even the coppers outside said the stewards were in the wrong.
Spencer_White

« Reply #230 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2007, 10:18:09 »

The stewarding was over the top.

This needs clearing up really, because we got treated like c00nts last night. Spoiled what could have been quite a decent away following.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2007, 10:19:12 »

Quote from: "STFC dave"
Arse. If we're serious about finishing in the play-offs we should be winning games like this/

Do people not realise that if we had converted one of the numerous 1-1 results into one win we would be sitting in 2nd (taken from thisis)?

Play Offs certainly aren't out of the equation at all and Swansea is an incredibly hard place to go and get a result.

We lost by 1 goal and the way some people are talking you would have thought we lost by 3 or 4!
DMR

« Reply #232 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2007, 10:41:56 »

Quote from: "Samdy Gray"
I nearly got thrown out \ Cheesy /

Those stewards were absolutely fucking appauling. So it's ok for 1000 welsh sheep-shagging twats to stand up over there, but I'm not allowed to stand up? Cunts, the lot of 'em.

Only 'reason' we got is 'Well I'm dealing with this part of the stand, not that one'.

Even the coppers outside said the stewards were in the wrong.

Quality protesting Sam  Cool  The twat in the away shirt had it coming though.
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2007, 16:33:44 »

Highlights are up:

mms://virginmediavod.pub.video.premiumtv.co.uk/footballtv/wmv/high/swansea_swindon_021007.wmv

I forgot how ace Roberts' goal was  Cool

Zaaboub was completely at fault for their first goal, gave it away cheaply. And whoever said Peacock was at fault because he didn't drop in at right back, you're wrong - he did.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2007, 16:45:18 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
Quote from: "STFC dave"
Arse. If we're serious about finishing in the play-offs we should be winning games like this/

Do people not realise that if we had converted one of the numerous 1-1 results into one win we would be sitting in 2nd (taken from thisis)?

Play Offs certainly aren't out of the equation at all and Swansea is an incredibly hard place to go and get a result.

We lost by 1 goal and the way some people are talking you would have thought we lost by 3 or 4!

Very true but i think the play-offs are way out of reach for us. Mid table looks like where we'll be come May. We are a good team we just don't have quite enough quality to get in the top 6. But your right people moaning at losing a game in which Swansea fans even thought we deserved a point is a bit silly.
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2007, 16:51:40 »

Sturrock's been taking management tips from Rafa Benitez then.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2007, 17:30:21 »

Highlights are up:

mms://virginmediavod.pub.video.premiumtv.co.uk/footballtv/wmv/high/swansea_swindon_021007.wmv

Zaaboub was completely at fault for their first goal, gave it away cheaply. And whoever said Peacock was at fault because he didn't drop in at right back, you're wrong - he did.

Fucking Zaboub !

:twisted:
magic8ball

« Reply #237 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2007, 18:13:27 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
Highlights are up:

Fucking Zaboub !

:twisted:

Yep.

And would you believe that wasn't the first time in the game he did that?
red macca

« Reply #238 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2007, 18:14:16 »

or the last
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #239 on: Wednesday, October 3, 2007, 18:29:19 »

It wasn't the first time we decided to throw it long from our own half or someone left his man unmarked at the far post.

I also noticed there were many times 2 people jumped for the ball at once and how people lost track of their man or backed off them and didn't make a tackle, which is what happened for the second goal.

Fact is, that first goal hurt us, the second killed us, but people want to blame Zaaboub for it all.

We were unlucky not to get a point and that's my genuine feeling.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: