Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brunel FM - club now wants opinions  (Read 12588 times)
lebowski

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2007, 19:01:17 »

i sense that rich has got a bee in his bonnett about this one
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2007, 19:30:08 »

Quote from: "Rich"
Quote from: "Jamiesfuturewife"
Id love to comment but am unable to recieve Brunel at my house!  :evil:

Surely that just proves the whole point to the club anyway? Total shite and that's if you even get it.

I suggested on email, despite them broadcasting the games on that tinpot station in Warminster, that they'd reduced geographical coverage by at least 50%.

Doubtless the suits at Brunel will tell those gullible twats at the club that you can pick up Tinpot FM Warminster in Truro and Tinpot FM Swindon in Southend and if you have a very big aerial you can just about pick it up on the moon.
sonic youth

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2007, 19:35:20 »

Quote from: "Yeovil Red"
Quote from: "janaage"
I must admit I was against the move to Brunel but the match commentary is really not that bad at all.  The BBC commentary sounded like they were trying to describe a cricket match at times.  Yes the pre and post match coverage is poor, but come on fella's be fair.

I agree

i also agree

BUT CHANGE IS BAD
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2007, 19:59:34 »

Anyone thought that Brunel FM, maybe trying to get out of the deal, perhaps they are not doing as well as they think.

Dazzza

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2007, 20:03:22 »

Not bad during the match but post match and for general coverage of the club the Beeb wins hands down.

The overall problem I have with Brunel is that pretty much everything comes across as being spoon fed from the club.   They haven’t produced anything objective and tend to steer well away from anything that may be critical in the slightest sense.

blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2007, 20:11:27 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
Anyone thought that Brunel FM, maybe trying to get out of the deal, perhaps they are not doing as well as they think.

Has marie said something then?

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2007, 20:14:32 »

Not at all, I am just saying maybe look at it from another point of view.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2007, 20:19:03 »

I shall maintain my boycott of Brunel as an anti Board protest...I urge the rest of you to do the same.  It appears though most can't hear it anyway, or there's nothing to hear, which is as good as a boycott.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2007, 20:22:12 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
I shall maintain my boycott of Brunel as an anti Board protest...I urge the rest of you to do the same.  It appears though most can't hear it anyway, or there's nothing to hear, which is as good as a boycott.

Yes

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2007, 20:24:33 »

The only game I've listened to any commentary is Northampton away and I thought it was alright.

Post match stuff is awful - I've barely been able to get much "news" and switched onto the beeb instead.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2007, 20:27:59 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"

Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2007, 20:31:30 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
Not at all, I am just saying maybe look at it from another point of view.

Perhaps they've realised how much it costs to do compared to the returns they are/aren't getting in terms of ad spend.

It's a little easier for the BBC to do this sort of thing as they have the infrastructure such as ISDN lines etc already installed - Brunel do not.
Marie

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2007, 21:03:45 »

Quote from: "Batch"
Boooo. I didn't get one of those emails. Here are my serious replies in case the club/station still monitors this forum.

1/ Only heard the opening games pre match buildup. It was poor but they were having problems so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. The problem is I go to home games between 2-2:15 and I always miss the pre-match stuff. In contrast BBC RS had stuff on Swindon in that timeslot. Mark - 3/10

2/ The commentary I find passable but passionless and variable in quality. 6/10

3/ Shockingly poor. I get back to the car after the game and want to hear debate about the game. I want to hear feedback from the fans. I want to hear interviews with the manager and players. I don't want to listen to 80's crap in the hope something comes on. Thankfully BBC RS still cover this area. 2/10.

In general: I don't mind Brunel FM. I think local radio has it's place, I listen in. But it just isn't providing the same level of service that the BBC did. The commentary is OK, not great but passable on the whole. What I miss is the pre and particularly post match analysis. I also miss the BBC RS 6pm Friday phone in. Unfortunately Brunels limited range and commercial pressures means they will never replicate what the BBC can offer. In fact, the BBC still offer a superior service in regards to news, reviews and interviews.

To the club: I really don't see how selling the right to a station whose key target demographic is Swindon can be of benefit to the club. It just loses exposure through reduced coverage. I can't see how any commercial activities Brunel can offer will benefit or even be seen by those outside the borough. I realise the club needs to maximise £££, but I genuinely think this was an own goal.

To the radio: It's nothing personal. Good luck to you as a station. I listen in fairly regularily.

Batch, as some of you may or may not know, i used to work for Brunel. I have made the decision to leave, but I want to say thanks for your feedback, i know that constructive critism will help alot, both club and station, and i'm sure they will be grateful.

Jamiesfuturewife - Brunel covers all of Swindon area. I can receive Brunel in my car in the carpark and across Swindon. I can receive it fine along with many others. I'm not sure why you can't.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2007, 21:09:33 »

I've only listened the once anyway.

1. There is pre match build up?

2. I liked the commentary because they could only be arsed to send person up to Hartlepool so he spent the whole 90minutes talking about the game being played infront of him, rather than chatting away to his mate.

3. I listen to post match on the BBC
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2007, 21:09:45 »

Rorysfuture wife doesnt live in Swindon

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: