Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brunel FM - club now wants opinions  (Read 12589 times)
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, September 26, 2007, 17:50:31 »

From Ben L

Good evening.

With the season now almost ten games old I am writing to ask you for your feedback with regards to the matchday commentary provided by STFC’s broadcast partner, Brunel FM.

If at all possible, could you provide feedback on the following three sections of the Saturday afternoon coverage?:

1. Pre-match 2-3 pm – how informative is the pre match build up, team news etc?

2. The match itself 3-5pm – your comments on the commentary team, the co-commentator, at both home and away games

3. Post match 5-6pm – Paul Sturrock’s post match interview and post match analysis.

Thank you in advance for your time.

I sent a choice reply pointing out that I can't give them any opinions 'cos I can't fuckin' hear it.
red macca

« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2007, 17:53:22 »

Tell that cunt lambert i will reply to that email when he replys to the 2 emails i sent him
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2007, 17:54:14 »

Quote from: "red macca"
Tell that cunt lambert i will reply to that email when he replys to the 2 emails i sent him

Nice to know that he'll doubtless take my opinions into account then ...  :roll:
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2007, 18:02:10 »

1. Shit
2. Shit
3. Shit

Theres my feedback.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2007, 18:03:20 »

Now, I've never listened to Brunel. But from what I can gather from stuff posted on here, the answers to Lambert's questions are:

1) Shit

2) Shit

2) Extremely shit with added 80's cheese.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2007, 18:04:19 »

1. Not too bad, too much music. and ad's.
2.  I actually have to say compared to the beeb the commentary isn't that bad, I prefer listening to the thoughts of Alan Mac and Paul Bodin than the old bbc wilts people.  The actual commentator could improve a little and away coverage seems to be poor.
3.  WHAT POST MATCH COVERAGE?Huh??  If you mean do I like listening to Duran Duran, Spandau Ballet, Meatloaf et al, when town have just been beaten 1-0 by Yeovil live on national television then it's fine. But if I want to listen to post match town coverage it's dreadful.  Please take a page out of the beeb's book.

So in summary from 2 til 6 then should be no music WHATSOEVER, it should be football, football, football.

ps if Brunel would like to send a match summariser up to Hibs games for me that'd be good too.

(where do I need to send this?)
fatbury

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2007, 18:05:28 »

Hardly any pre match coverage

Match coverage fucking awful

NO Post match coverage

I prefer to listen to BBC Radio Swindon which isnt even live for the whole game as they cover it much better .. hows that?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2007, 18:07:34 »

I must admit I was against the move to Brunel but the match commentary is really not that bad at all.  The BBC commentary sounded like they were trying to describe a cricket match at times.  Yes the pre and post match coverage is poor, but come on fella's be fair.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2007, 18:10:30 »

Quote from: "janaage"
I must admit I was against the move to Brunel but the match commentary is really not that bad at all.  The BBC commentary sounded like they were trying to describe a cricket match at times.  Yes the pre and post match coverage is poor, but come on fella's be fair.

I agree

/
W56196272
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2007, 18:12:50 »

I disagree. Total garbage service and station.

Sometimes were lucky to hear Sturrock's interview before 6pm.

Total waste of skin they are.  :x

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2007, 18:16:43 »

Boooo. I didn't get one of those emails. Here are my serious replies in case the club/station still monitors this forum.

1/ Only heard the opening games pre match buildup. It was poor but they were having problems so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt. The problem is I go to home games between 2-2:15 and I always miss the pre-match stuff. In contrast BBC RS had stuff on Swindon in that timeslot. Mark - 3/10

2/ The commentary I find passable but passionless and variable in quality. 6/10

3/ Shockingly poor. I get back to the car after the game and want to hear debate about the game. I want to hear feedback from the fans. I want to hear interviews with the manager and players. I don't want to listen to 80's crap in the hope something comes on. Thankfully BBC RS still cover this area. 2/10.

In general: I don't mind Brunel FM. I think local radio has it's place, I listen in. But it just isn't providing the same level of service that the BBC did. The commentary is OK, not great but passable on the whole. What I miss is the pre and particularly post match analysis. I also miss the BBC RS 6pm Friday phone in. Unfortunately Brunels limited range and commercial pressures means they will never replicate what the BBC can offer. In fact, the BBC still offer a superior service in regards to news, reviews and interviews.

To the club: I really don't see how selling the right to a station whose key target demographic is Swindon can be of benefit to the club. It just loses exposure through reduced coverage. I can't see how any commercial activities Brunel can offer will benefit or even be seen by those outside the borough. I realise the club needs to maximise £££, but I genuinely think this was an own goal.

To the radio: It's nothing personal. Good luck to you as a station. I listen in fairly regularily.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2007, 18:22:44 »

Id love to comment but am unable to recieve Brunel at my house!  :evil:

Funny but I was waiting in the CG reception after the match Saturday and the radio was on - they can only get a crackly crap reception in the actual ground!
TalkTalk

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2007, 18:32:35 »

Total shite. When this lot are finally gone, get Ed and Shaun back.

Nothing further to add.
Reeves for King

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2007, 18:48:51 »

Commentary's generally alright, except they need a co-commentator for every game (Hartlepool they only had one I think). I've never bothered listening to muvh of the other stuff but from what I have heard I am not too impressed. A football programme should have solely football on it!

here's the man himself when you need him?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, September 26, 2007, 18:56:38 »

Quote from: "Jamiesfuturewife"
Id love to comment but am unable to recieve Brunel at my house!  :evil:

Surely that just proves the whole point to the club anyway? Total shite and that's if you even get it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: