Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: the good, the bad and the ugly  (Read 1395 times)
juddie

Ignore
« on: Monday, September 24, 2007, 10:53:45 »

The Good
Billy Paynter: Looked excellent on Saturday. Worked hard, good strength, won every day, superb feet - good instincts - reminded me of Parkin, but a bit early to make comparisons!
Simon Cox: is a bit big time, but very lively, linked well with Paynter. Good energy and an eye for goal.
McGovern: quality
Ifil: standard top-class from the big man
Blackburn: got better as the game went on I thought. Got tighter after a poor first half and got stuck in, takes time to dfevelop an understanding at the back and although we looked at sixes and sevens for their goal, I thought he gre in stature?

The bad
Luggy and McGovern: anyone else notice they seemed to be arguing over positioning in the first half? McGovern kept drifting in, sturrock kept telling him to stay wide.
Smith: first poor performance for us really, good timing with brezzer seemingly off, eh
Comminges: looked like a headless chicken, can't tackle either. Looked ok going forward and like to overlap, but needs stengthening up and a few lessons in getting stuck in - too often stood off his man.
Vincent: STOP PLAYING THE LONG BALL. Don't rate him at all. Does everything in slow mo. Granted, he's quite solid, but not good enough IMO.
Centre mid: still not convinced by the peacock/easton combo. Both work hard but neither can really grab hold of a game can they? Peacock looked fooked saturday... easton reminds me a bit of miglioranzi.
Zaboub: was absolutely dreadful on Saturday. Maybe it's time to use roberts one side, McGovern the other? Roberts has been decent in recent weeks?

The ugly
Sitting in the winners and listening to more takeover rumours and counter rumours. The takeover is off, Sturrock is off, when's it all going to end? I can;t remember I went to a game and didn't have something off the field to complain about?
Four tw*ats sat behind me: swearing every other word. Now I like a moan like the next man, but this was a constant stream of filfth - just no need...
Chips: I flit between the arkells and Nwide stand and this week sat in the arkells. The chips at half time were burnt, absolutely disgusting.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, September 24, 2007, 11:25:41 »

Quote from: "juddie"
The Good
The bad
Luggy and McGovern: anyone else notice they seemed to be arguing over positioning in the first half? McGovern kept drifting in, sturrock kept telling him to stay wide.

No, but luggy was right. We also  noticed JPM was being sucked into the centre and that was leaving us exposed down the right.
Sussex

« Reply #2 on: Monday, September 24, 2007, 11:32:06 »

Chips: I flit between the arkells and Nwide stand and this week sat in the arkells. The chips at half time were burnt, absolutely disgusting.

This is all getting proper serious now!!  Smiley
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, September 24, 2007, 17:01:34 »

Quote from: "Batch"
The Good
The bad

No, but luggy was right. We also  noticed JPM was being sucked into the centre and that was leaving us exposed down the right.

I saw that too. We had 3 center mids for most of the first half

Things get better but they never get good
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, September 24, 2007, 19:34:17 »

you must've been sat infront of me juddie  Cheesy

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: