Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fucking Disgusted  (Read 5117 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Monday, September 17, 2007, 17:18:33 »

Yeh but results don't really matter at that age do they. And these days most youth players at their clubs dont come from the town/city where they're playing anyway.

If we did stumble across a real talent then a bigger club i.e. reading, would snaffle them up anyway.

Things get better but they never get good
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Monday, September 17, 2007, 17:24:19 »

Didn't the FA introduce catchment areas to stop things like this happening?

That said, the 'area' is probably about 50 miles so Reading would fall in that.
Miss Angry

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Monday, September 17, 2007, 17:31:10 »

My son started getting them at the juniors the last school year, they got binned.

I always thought it off as They have "STFC in the community" each week and have done for years at his school... it's a great programme for the kids, really affordable to, even though they have put it up considerabley this year - it's gone from £1.50 a session to £3.00!
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Monday, September 17, 2007, 17:44:12 »

does it really matter? it's still getting kids active and playing sport
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Monday, September 17, 2007, 17:52:23 »

Quote from: "Boeta"

Of course it fucking matters !!!!!!

My issue is not that we maybe uncovering a hidden gem (maybe 1/1000) its the 999 that will never become a pro footballer.

BUT if nutured and "locked in" will become a fan, and bring their Mums and Dads to games, will start buying food and merchandise.

It's not rocket science just the first rule of any business

Go and find your customer early and then tie them into the business for as long as possible and by any means possible !!!
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Monday, September 17, 2007, 17:56:40 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
Quote from: "Boeta"

Of course it fucking matters !!!!!!

My issue is not that we maybe uncovering a hidden gem (maybe 1/1000) its the 999 that will never become a pro footballer.

BUT if nutured and "locked in" will become a fan, and bring their Mums and Dads to games, will start buying food and merchandise.

It's not rocket science just the first rule of any business

Go and find your customer early and then tie them into the business for as long as possible and by any means possible !!!

Yes

I've already seen quite a few Reading shirts in Swindon, which is to be expected I suppose, due to them being top flight.

Doesn't mean SBC and STFC have to help them promote their club.

It's All Good..............
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Monday, September 17, 2007, 17:58:17 »

Exactly hertha

I might get pissed tonight and write a letter
Rich Pullen

« Reply #22 on: Monday, September 17, 2007, 18:05:52 »

I remember getting a text from a Bristol City fan after losing a reserves game!

Back to topic - you're right Fred, this is something the town whether it be football club or council we must keep the kids interested in STFC.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Monday, September 17, 2007, 18:24:05 »

Quote from: "Fred Elliot"
Exactly hertha

I might get pissed tonight and write a letter
Since when did you have to get pissed to get your quill and parchment out Mr Elliott? Beers
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, September 17, 2007, 18:29:22 »

If Glynn is who I think he is, he was on my Level 2 coaching course. He is a very good coach and was at Southampton before Reading. Shame that Swindon havent cottoned onto this sort of thing already though. But no suprise.

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Spud

« Reply #25 on: Monday, September 17, 2007, 18:34:55 »

Quote from: "Bushey Boy"
Im sick of Reading and hope they go down, plastic cunts

I would love it!, love it! if those Plastic Cunt's got relegated.

They're in the Premier League and can't sell out every week, fucking wank support.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, September 17, 2007, 18:42:11 »

I doubt if it restores any faith, but my little 'un (3) had his first ever coaching session today, He went with his mum to pay at the community office at the CG last week and proudly come home with a "football in the community, Swindon Town FC, Tiny Tots" T-Shirt. If it had said Reading on it he would still be on the naughty step now!

He has got over the fact the session wasn't actually held on the CG turf and seemed to quite enjoy it. I'm sure he'll get into it more after a few weeks.

Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"

They're in the Premier League and can't sell out every week, fucking wank support.

Really? I thought they were looking to expand the madjeski? Anyway I hope the cunts go down too. Last two Saturdays I've seen Reading shirts in town. They didn't even look embarrassed about it.
dell boy

« Reply #27 on: Monday, September 17, 2007, 18:49:57 »

Fred, I use to be heavily involved in scouting in the Berkshire/Hampshire area. I brought two lads for trials at Swindon when Cannon was head of the Swindon youth.
One African lad in particular was the best I have ever seen at 15 years of age, he played a couple of games for Swindon youth and either they lost interest or he did, not quite sure, anyway he ended up at Arsenal Youth and didn't quite make the grade there, anyway he did become a professional footballer until he went back to Africa about 8 years ago, he played a handful of first team games for Luton.
The other was never given a chance at Swindon, he was big, black, 6 foot 5 and at the age of 15 and extremely fast but to be truthful not the most skilful young player I have ever seen, he didn't make the professional ranks, but still good enough to play for Basingstoke at 17, unfortunately he ended up inside for armed robbery.
It seems to me if you are over 14 and haven't been signed by a professional club then you are an also ran, just look at Ian Wright how old was he when he signed professional forms.
What I will say about the youth set-up at Reading is it is one of the best in the country. Its a shame that a club like Swindon cant even keep their own, and on that point I totally agree with you Fred. Swindon schools should be promoting Swindon lads, end of.
Spud

« Reply #28 on: Monday, September 17, 2007, 18:50:09 »

Quote from: "Batch"
Quote from: "Spuddy_STFC"

Really? I thought they were looking to expand the madjeski? Anyway I hope the cunts go down too. Last two Saturdays I've seen Reading shirts in town. They didn't even look embarrassed about it.

Whenver ive seen them at Home on MOTD there are always a mass of Blue empty seats right behind the goal next to the Away fans.
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #29 on: Monday, September 17, 2007, 19:02:20 »

As much as I hate Reading its a smart move by RFC. Quite simply as much as we hate those plastic pricks, they are a premiership club and they can brag about that so they will get people to go to these courses simply because of that fact... altough after this season us and reading will be in the same division so...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: