Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Jim Little Interview Summary For Those Who Cant get it  (Read 6946 times)
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, September 12, 2007, 09:09:26 »

Quote from: "Lumps"
Worcester.

There's nothing in my post that suggests that people shouldn't have questions or reservations, or that they shouldn't post them on here. In fact I made it pretty clear that I wasn't exactly delighted at who came first in the race to own our club. But that isn't what this thread comprises of is it.

Look at these posts:

"This is all getting worse and worse the more I hear about it, to be honest. I've had a really bad feeling from the outset and it's just getting worse."

It's not exactly a question is it, or a doubt is it. It's just "woe is me, everything is shit, a new stadium and the debts wiped out, what a disaster"

As for

"Don't worry, we'll soon have one of those carbon copy soulless bowl's of a stadium."

Well some people are never fucking happy!

And Rob: "It does all seem a bit similar to Hearts to me."

In what fucking way mate?

Up there a Billionaire with a huge ego buy's up a club with the express intention of getting to play Champ Man for real and rides roughshod over the coaching staff to get his own way, eventually sacking them all and bringing in some foreign yes men who'll let him make the transfers and  pick the team.

How is that in any way analogous with what's going on at Town, where there's no high profile individual and the investment is clearly about making money for faceless investors. No one is going to be allowed to piss about with the club like it's their personal toy because that would threaten its potential for success.

Oh and as for this bit of knee jerk bollocks:

"What's that Argentian chap who had a stint up the A420 doing?

Oh fuck. The Brevett connection. There's our next manager then. Great "

Do you want to explain what connection Rufus might have with a bloke who walked out on the Pox two seasons before he went there himself?

This fucking knee jerk everytime someone mentions a coach/ player / ice cream salesman who might have once been to Oxford is getting really fucking annoying. What the hell do you think Brevett would have to gain by bringing people in from Oxford? He was there for a season, he doesn't owe anyone there shit. If he brought in the fitness coach for any reason it was because he thought he was good at the bloody job. Now get over it!

As I've said elsewhere, even if it did happen, Diaz has a better coaching CV than ANYONE who has ever been involved with this club. Why would you just dismiss that as a bad thing unless you knew nothing about the bloke and you were just spitting the dummy at any mention of Oxford or Brevett.

To conclude with one final quote:

"I'll jump up and down after seeing their actions rather than reading their words"

is exactly what I'd like people to do. Unfortunately jumping up and down without much justification seems to be exactly what a few of you are doing

:goodpost:

Sad to say, i must be on my way
kevjoycreed

« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, September 12, 2007, 10:19:21 »

Very  :goodpost:
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, September 12, 2007, 10:21:08 »

I see Little has confirmed Arrieta and Almeida where his and his friends signings.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, September 12, 2007, 10:32:26 »

Quote from: "RobertT"
I see Little has confirmed Arrieta and Almeida where his and his friends signings.

Wheres that then?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, September 12, 2007, 10:36:47 »

http://www.westerndailypress.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=150309&command=displayContent&sourceNode=150308&contentPK=18354759&pNodeId=150310

The Sky TV producers must have thought long and hard about the possibility of leaving their cameras at the County Ground on Sunday night.

The imminent meeting between Paul Sturrock, Jose Veiga and Rufus Brevett has the potential to produce a very interesting fly-on-the-wall documentary.

The three men are due to sit down and thrash out exactly how they will work together in the coming weeks but the appointment of former Benfica man Veiga already points towards the implementation of a continental style management structure.

"The football begins and ends with Jose because he is the general manager and will be assisted by Rufus," said chairman Jim Little.

"Paul is the manager and his job is to field a team that gets us wins. It is exciting that we now have Jose in the equation, because he brings us a lot of experience here to tell us exactly what that squad will be.

"You have to have a manager to field a team and I am sure Paul wants exactly the same things as we do."

While the classic continental director of football is something that is commonplace in countries like Spain and Portugal, it is often viewed with suspicion in Britain.

"You tell me one time in England when a manager and a director of football combination has worked," said Harry Redknapp when he left Portsmouth in 2004 following the appointment of Velimir Zajec to work alongside him at Fratton Park.

It is rare to find such an arrangement that has not been unravelled by personality clashes of the main figures involved.

French coach Jaques Santini only lasted months at Tottenham in 2004 under this management set-up and Hearts have seen a succession of managers come and go due to a breakdown in communications.

Veiga, it seems, has already had an input into transfer policy with the recent signing of Portuguese defender Mauro Almeida.

Little admitted: "Mauro and Ibon Arrieta were signings that me and my friends have brought to the equation."

High-level agent Veiga, who has represented Luis Figo and Christiano Ronaldo, will no doubt have an extensive list of contacts across the continent and is expected to be heavily involved in identifying talent and the recruitment policy.

"I will have a very hands-on approach," said Veiga. "I envisage being at training sessions and in the corridors so I can make an assessment of everybody involved in the football side of the club."

That appears to include having a hand in team selection - something that often seems to act as a catalyst for a breakdown in communication between manager and director of football. Little said: "We collectively have to decide which is the best team we are going to field.

"Paul has ideas on that and we have ideas on that and we have to work together to decide what team that is."

Whoever ends up picking the team, it needs to win to fit in to Little's plans for the future, which include Championship football - this time next year if at all possible.

"We have grand plans for this club and for them to be a success we need to be winning," he said.

"Jose has never been involved in any clubs that haven't been extremely successful and I have already asked him: 'Can we go up this year?'

"He said he has never worked at any club where that has not been the immediate goal, so I don't see why we can't
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, September 12, 2007, 10:55:17 »

But does that mean:
A. that they signed them without any imput from PS or that
B. they brought the players to the club in order for sturrock to assess them and in turn he wanted to sign them.

We've had loads of other foreign trialists that we've not signed, so seems more likley to be the 2nd option to me.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, September 12, 2007, 10:58:21 »

dunno, could be either.  Just pointing out they were behind those two players coming our way.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, September 12, 2007, 11:11:55 »

It's a fair comment Mr Todd, it's a bit ambiguous.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, September 12, 2007, 11:37:53 »

I find it ironic that the anti-fans consortium brigade,  said that Sturrock would leave if the fans bid suceeded.

From the Dark Side
McLovin

« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, September 12, 2007, 11:43:52 »

There is no way i can see an old school manager like Sturrock, who is used to signing his own backroom and playing staff, being happy with having his signings and team picked partially for him...

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, September 12, 2007, 11:49:43 »

i agree with blackcurrant.
genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, September 12, 2007, 14:14:46 »

yes, but surely its up to sturrock - he may very well be incredibly upset about the whole state of affairs, but then again he may not.  We don't know and there is no point trying to second guess something that only he knows the answer to and on which he has been pretty much tight lipped.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: