Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham V Swindon Matchday Thread.  (Read 9054 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, August 25, 2007, 18:23:17 »

Quote from: "Tails"
A wonder strike that he couldn't do again if he tried and a good goalkeeper denied us a win.

End of.

thats the one.

Also, after the recent stick Blair was superb today.
lebowski

« Reply #106 on: Saturday, August 25, 2007, 18:30:55 »

i think we'll draw a lot of games this season as we don't seem to have that killer instinct to put sides like cheltenham and northampton to bed. if those two aren't fighting relegation at the end of the season then this league is nowhere near as tough as i thought it would be!

ifil wasnt on his "a" game for me, and pook will probably come in for some stick, he'd do something decent like find some space to receive a pass, or win back the ball, and then either give the ball away or get caught on it!

blair, as usual, ran his bollocks off. he looks to be very fit and got a well deserved goal today. aljofree seemed to get dragged up field a lot though, which left the full backs having to cover for him, better sides may punish this. and i do like craig easton a lot, a genuine box to box player and could have won it for us again at the death.

referee was poor though, for both sides it must be said.
Scot Munroe

« Reply #107 on: Saturday, August 25, 2007, 18:37:37 »

Cheltenham keeper pulled 3 or 4 top saves. The one from Miguel was a top reaction save. we should of battered them and it was 2 points dropped. a good performance today especially from the midfield pairing of pook and easton.
sonic youth

« Reply #108 on: Saturday, August 25, 2007, 19:29:16 »

Quote from: "DV"
Quote from: "Tails"
A wonder strike that he couldn't do again if he tried and a good goalkeeper denied us a win.

End of.

thats the one.

Also, after the recent stick Blair was superb today.

totally agree with both of you.

we played well and could have probably edged it if we had a striker rather than two forwards...corr would have got onto at least one of those zaaboub crosses, i'm sure of it.

i'll take a point though
Barry Scott

« Reply #109 on: Saturday, August 25, 2007, 19:46:05 »

My highlights and opinions.

Zaaboub was an absolute fucking god, crazy tricks and flicks, 90% of his crosses were perfect. I thought he was mind-blowing today. MOM.

Roberts was also superb, i have a feeling as a winger he's growing exponentially. He's such a threat to other teams defences it's almost amusing. Anyone see the Messi run where he must have skinned 4 defenders then fell to try and win a peno?

Blair was superb, a complete turn around. Many will say we need another striker, but if it wasn't for their keeper, he could have had a hatrick. His running was tireless, positional sense good, and he took alot more chances than normal.

Peacock made alot of chances for others, he was back to his best as a target man. I don't recall their defenders winning many balls played to the cock.

Easton and Pook were good and linked up well. Yes Pook misplaced passes, and purely because it's Pook people will notice that and give him shit.

What his detractors will fail to notice was how he was constantly covering for Aljofree, Smith and Vincent in the back line. He must've been fucked for the work he was doing.

Easton was full of energy and was a true box to box midfielder. I love the blokes work ethic and can only dream of him and the 'Cock in central midfield. With Zaaboub and Roberts on the wings teams would hate playing against all that energy and creativity.

I can't be bothered to write much about the defence, because they solid as expected.

There were a few loose moments, and i felt that Aljofree was not quite as good as against Luton, but still superb.

I also noticed today how calm Ifil has become. Is this Aljofree? He only thumped one ball forward, he stuck to short passes on the ground.

Vincent and smith were solid, over lapped well and their crossing was of a decent standard.

Smith was Smith. Solid and dependable. There was nothing he could have done for their goal.

Anyway, 2 points lost, but we played well and at least now we'll still manage to slip under alot of teams' radar; they'll still underestimate us rather than sit-up and realise we're in the upper echelons of the table and playing superbly.

This season will be fucking amazing. I'm getting more excited with every passing game. Come on the town.
lebowski

« Reply #110 on: Saturday, August 25, 2007, 19:49:13 »

loving that enthusiasm.

i myself have really enjoyed these past two games.

maybe it's the weather.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Saturday, August 25, 2007, 20:37:25 »

Quote from: "Barry Scott"

Zaaboub was an absolute fucking god, crazy tricks and flicks, 90% of his crosses were perfect. I thought he was mind-blowing today. MOM.

Roberts was also superb, i have a feeling as a winger he's growing exponentially. He's such a threat to other teams defences it's almost amusing. Anyone see the Messi run where he must have skinned 4 defenders then fell to try and win a peno?

Blair was superb, a complete turn around. Many will say we need another striker, but if it wasn't for their keeper, he could have had a hatrick. His running was tireless, positional sense good, and he took alot more chances than normal.

Peacock made alot of chances for others, he was back to his best as a target man. I don't recall their defenders winning many balls played to the cock.

Easton and Pook were good and linked up well. Yes Pook misplaced passes, and purely because it's Pook people will notice that and give him shit.

What his detractors will fail to notice was how he was constantly covering for Aljofree, Smith and Vincent in the back line. He must've been fucked for the work he was doing.

Easton was full of energy and was a true box to box midfielder. I love the blokes work ethic and can only dream of him and the 'Cock in central midfield. With Zaaboub and Roberts on the wings teams would hate playing against all that energy and creativity.

I can't be bothered to write much about the defence, because they solid as expected.

There were a few loose moments, and i felt that Aljofree was not quite as good as against Luton, but still superb.

I also noticed today how calm Ifil has become. Is this Aljofree? He only thumped one ball forward, he stuck to short passes on the ground.

Vincent and smith were solid, over lapped well and their crossing was of a decent standard.

Smith was Smith. Solid and dependable. There was nothing he could have done for their goal.

Anyway, 2 points lost, but we played well and at least now we'll still manage to slip under alot of teams' radar; they'll still underestimate us rather than sit-up and realise we're in the upper echelons of the table and playing superbly.

This season will be fucking amazing. I'm getting more excited with every passing game. Come on the town.

Agree with all that. Apart from Zaboub.

Wasn't that impressed tbh. Ok, he's got the tricks, but he needs to learn when to play the simple ball. Lost possession a number of times when he could of laid the ball off early. His defensive work is also lacking. Doesn't seem to want to tackle.

Roberts was MOM for me, fuckin' immense!!!

And Sturrock jnr was also very good. Deserved his goal and his all-round play was excellent.

Pook also had a really good game: if it was anybody else we'd be raving about about him!

Gutted to have just got a draw. Deserved the win.

As for the ref, he wasn't biased, he was just really, really, really really, really, really, really, really, really crap!

It's All Good..............
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Saturday, August 25, 2007, 20:40:39 »

That ref has reffed in the premiership alot before hasn't he? Fuck knows how, i could do a better job.

Roberts was probably my motm, his run where he beat 4/5 cheltenham players was ace Cool  Just a shame he forgot to shoot at the end of it

Things get better but they never get good
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Saturday, August 25, 2007, 20:45:37 »

Zaaboub played well as did Sturrock. Was impressed with both of them today. Thought we played quite well tbh. We created a lot and should have one the game. If we had a goalscorer we would have won 3-1 today. But i'll take a point away from home. Roll on Crewe next Saturday.
Barry Scott

« Reply #114 on: Saturday, August 25, 2007, 21:00:58 »

Quote from: "herthab"

As for the ref, he wasn't biased, he was just really, really, really really, really, really, really, really, really crap!

I haven't wanted to cause so much pain to a referee since Paul Danson against Luton a few seasons back.

Some of his decisions were beyond stupid. If he was a person, and you had to attempt to converse with him (like a service to society), i have the feeling he'd mumble complete gibberish like a Ket' addled teen. How refs like that stay in the business i don't know.

I have friends that if they went to work (which they don't), but if they did they'd be told to go home, because they're useless, (which they are) hence being sat at home. The same standard should be applied to refs. If you can't do your job, please, pretty please, fuck off and become a Dole Merchant.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Saturday, August 25, 2007, 21:12:52 »

Quote from: "herthab"

I haven't wanted to cause so much pain to a referee since Paul Danson against Luton a few seasons back.

Some of his decisions were beyond stupid. If he was a person, and you had to attempt to converse with him (like a service to society), i have the feeling he'd mumble complete gibberish like a Ket' addled teen. How refs like that stay in the business i don't know.

I have friends that if they went to work (which they don't), but if they did they'd be told to go home, because they're useless, (which they are) hence being sat at home. The same standard should be applied to refs. If you can't do your job, please, pretty please, fuck off and become a Dole Merchant.
He reffed a Premiership game a couple of weeks ago and made one horrific decision. i remembered the neame from previous Town games as he's reffed a few in recent years. Shocking referee

Sounds like we gave a good account of ourselves even if we didn't come away with the win. Crewe might be a tricky game but if we can carry on playing as we have been it could be a good game, and I'd say the next 3 home games are all winnable.

Obviously, a new striker would help!
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Saturday, August 25, 2007, 21:31:55 »

i thought vincent's crossing was pretty poor, a number of them went to no-one or over the bar / out of play.
Spud

« Reply #117 on: Saturday, August 25, 2007, 21:52:33 »

Im disappointed that we didn't get the win today as i thought we deserved it, fair play to Blair Sturrock i thought he did very well today and ran his bollocks off all game.

Zaaboub was my MOTM.

p.s The Ref was a complete Cunt.
TalkTalk

« Reply #118 on: Saturday, August 25, 2007, 22:08:20 »

Seconded. Appalling ref. Really very very appalling.

The Boob was immense. But then all of team were. I like this.   Cheesy

However, their goal was an absolute corker - great strike and Smithy couldn't have done anything about it.

A great day out though. Summer, beer, mates and soft soft women. A recipe for heaven.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Saturday, August 25, 2007, 22:45:05 »

Quote from: "Rich"
If we had a goalscorer we would have won 3-1 today.

I know what you're saying, but I honestly think Higgs (their keeper) was inspired.  Best goalkeeping display since Hammond against Barnsley in 92/93 at home.... :old:

I really don't blame our strikers at all for not converting those chances, Higgs was superb (bastard!).

Hansey was motm for us (imho), but I felt all the players played really well, keep playing like that and we'll be sniffing around the top at the end (and yes I know it was Cheltenham, and I know we didn't win)...but hey...let's be positive...

Cheers

Donkey

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: