Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Arrieta  (Read 3128 times)
Colin Todd

Ignore
« on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 08:19:11 »

..... is ace.

Runs round kicking defenders twice his size like some sort of Spanish Alan Smith Cool

Thought he made an impact when he came on and offered more than Blair whos only useful imput to the game was the pass to Zaaboub for the 1st goal. and being unable to control the ball unmarked 4 yards out  :|

The only issue seems to be one of comunication, a couple of times him and peacock wernt on the same wavelength.  I'd start him anyway though
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 08:25:29 »

I rather start with Kaid. I'm not too sure of Arrieta, seems to watch the other players,rather than the ball.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 08:28:34 »

I can honestly say I haven't seen enough of him to decide yet.  The last 10 mins or so haven't given him enough time to impress or show us what hes capable of yet.
fatbury

« Reply #3 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 09:02:21 »

What he lacks in ability he makes up for in effort and determination .. deserves a chance just because of that ... tho I can see him getting a red card or two if he played regular ..
STFC_Gazzza

« Reply #4 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 09:25:04 »

I think he should start instaed of Sturrock. Sturrock is not going to score goals for us. Nothing saying Arrieta will but its worth a shot. Sturrock would be more effective coming on late like last season.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 09:28:27 »

and is it just me or has Blair bulked up over the summer which seems to be at the expense of some of his mobility?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 12:21:49 »

To be fair when Arieta came on Sat fro the last 20 or whatever it was I don't think he really done much at all and looked a little out of his depth.

He may be better when he starts a game so he can get into the game eaiser though.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #7 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 13:18:44 »

ummm, he didn't supply the cross for the winning goal then?
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 14:00:13 »

Quote from: "jayohaitchenn"
ummm, he didn't supply the cross for the winning goal then?

Yes
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #9 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 15:21:07 »

and while we're on the subject, a quite lovely turn and pass to Zaaboub from Sturrock Jr made the first goal.

Just in case anyone thought it was Easton, as reported on the world replay and no doubt on Brunel FM aswell.

So there you go, 2 of our strikers who are "not good enough" layed on 2 goals at the weekend against the team who are supposed favourites to be promoted...

OH SHIT!! WE'RE DOOMED!!!! :?
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 15:32:01 »

I'm afraid I cant agree with you there.  Yes Sturrock did well for the 1st goal, but contributed absolutley nothing else other than miss an open goal.  He did nothing v the Cobblers or Charlton either.

I thought Peacock did alright though, we could certainly do worse than him up front at the moment, although he does look like a player that missed a few weeks of pre season at times. Hopefully his sharpness will come.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #11 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 15:52:39 »

can't agree, or won't agree? Cheesy
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 15:56:48 »

I think Sturrock's alright, not bad at all.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 16:58:06 »

I don't like Sturrock at this level at all. Arrieta (from what i have seen of him) looks a better player tbh i'd start with him at Cheltenham.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #14 on: Monday, August 20, 2007, 19:26:43 »

I don't think Arrieta looks better than Sturrock, but when you have 3 starts and don't produce the goods, the chance to play must go to somebody else.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: