Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: World Commentary  (Read 1853 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« on: Saturday, August 18, 2007, 16:18:35 »

Been trawling the 606 board, wasn't just ours down, lots of teams sites had the same error
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, August 18, 2007, 16:40:56 »

Brunel ruined it all  Cheesy

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, August 18, 2007, 16:41:24 »

I blame Marie, its all her fault!!!
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, August 18, 2007, 16:42:59 »

Here we go again....

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, August 18, 2007, 17:02:48 »

stupid cow, she ruined everything....she is so pointless....whats the point of Marie really?

Nothing, thats what!
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, August 18, 2007, 17:07:33 »

Yeah she doesnt have a clue about footy! Her voice is so annoying  Cheesy

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, August 18, 2007, 17:09:12 »

yeah exactly, why does she even have a voice, to bitch with I expect.

If I ever see her again (I've met her twice, so I know her soooo well) I'm so going to claw her with my nails.

How dare she!!
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, August 18, 2007, 17:13:43 »

pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, August 18, 2007, 22:38:05 »

Quote from: "suttonred"
Been trawling the 606 board, wasn't just ours down, lots of teams sites had the same error

Still, not excusable. The service has been patchy at best since its inception, and it really hasn't improved in 4 years. Surely it should have?

Anyway I did have the standard response from Premium TV Customer Services

Thank you for your email.

At the moment most of our football sites are down due to technical problems on our end and we are striving to fix the problem as soon as possible. We do apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Kind regards

Web support

I've seen this shit before, so I'm upping the stakes with them now. Therefore my response was this

I do understand that you had a number of technical problems today (Saturday 18 August) that affected many other clubs services. However that does not pass the acid test for a response.

As I quoted in my e-mail to the Acting Chief Executive of Swindon Town FC, there remain several problems with your service that have failed to be resolved in 4 years. Yes, you have had the same problems for 4 YEARS and not solved them. In my eyes, thats pretty poor.

I'm not quite sure who gets my money when I pay 40 quid for the privilege of access to STFC World. Is it the Club or Premium TV? Whoever it is, unless I get guarantees with tangible evidence to boot in the next month that the following areas will be improved, I won't bother to renew my subscription based on the utter foul-up today and during the final day of last season.

Therefore, can you assure me and demonstrate tangible improvements in the following areas:

1. Swindon Town FC commentary will be switched on when the match kicks off, not 10/20/30 * (delete as applicable) minutes into the game
2. That commentary, when switched on, will not cut out every 10 seconds.
3. That I might be able to log in to STFC World at all next Saturday....

I'm sick of namby pamby responses now. I want action, and if none happens, I'll not bother with the service.

Yours

I've not had anything from the Club or Brunel, and frankly I'm not expecting much. I'd understand if Brunel FM declined to comment as IMHO its not their fault. I'll give Starnes until Wednesday...so beware if you're reading Martyn  Wink
flammableBen

« Reply #9 on: Sunday, August 19, 2007, 01:24:20 »

I doubt it's the club's fault to be honest. Isn't the deal with the internet people who do the whole world thing sorted as a deal with the football league?
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, August 19, 2007, 11:58:27 »

Probably right Ben. No doubt Starnes will reply straight away if its somebody else's fault.

The point is though that somebody should be accountable for yesterday's fiasco. If that's Premium TV, so be it. I'm just fed up being fobbed off with the same old excuse and no improvement in the service I am paying for. Plus I fancied a moan at someone, and I picked poor Martyn...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: