Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Kaid Mohamed......  (Read 14143 times)
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2007, 11:01:29 »

You lot seem easily pleased.

/
W56196272
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2007, 11:27:46 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Quote from: "Colin Todd"
Quote from: "Dazzza"
Where's my favourite Guiema the Portuguese Fallon gawne?

Has he been shipped as up until that trial game he had the better goal scoring record.

No sign of him last night. Personally I hope he has gone becasue he basically isnt very good. 4 goals from 6 yards against sub standard opposition means nothing really

Surely it means more than 0 goals from 6 yards against sub standard opposition?

yes it does. However, it also does not mean that he is deserving of a contract at a league 1 club. I could have scored his goals v supermarine
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2007, 16:08:10 »

Has signed - just had official text
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2007, 16:13:28 »

Whoops - should have said, one year deal, apparently.
Spencer_White

« Reply #64 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2007, 16:31:28 »

If Guima is the Portugese Rory Fallon I rekon Arrierta could be the Spanish Steve Finney.

Kaid looks pacy and quite skilfull, but lightweight. You can tell he's only semi pro by how thin his legs are. Whatever, hes got probably the best opportunity he'll ever get in the next 2 months with our striker problems. A goal at Exeter and he could start at Northampton.

As has been said before, none of these players are as good as Royce Brownlie. But then he was lazy, so who knows.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2007, 17:07:08 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
You can tell he's only semi pro by how thin his legs are.

Eh?

So, just because he's got thin legs it makes him less of a footballer?

Thierry Henry's not exactly thunder thighs and he's done alright for himself.
Richard4acre

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2007, 17:10:33 »

So with regard to your theory...... Trevor BEnjamin and BArry Conlon are the two greatest strikers in the football league today? Fair enough  Soapy Tit Wank

ne day, The County Ground will be a happy place.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2007, 17:10:53 »

If Guima is the Portugese Rory Fallon I rekon Arrierta could be the Spanish Steve Finney.

Kaid looks pacy and quite skilfull, but lightweight. You can tell he's only semi pro by how thin his legs are. Whatever, hes got probably the best opportunity he'll ever get in the next 2 months with our striker problems. A goal at Exeter and he could start at Northampton.

As has been said before, none of these players are as good as Royce Brownlie. But then he was lazy, so who knows.

And you've deduced that from one game?

It's All Good..............
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2007, 17:29:06 »

Quote from: "Samdy Gray"

Eh?

So, just because he's got thin legs it makes him less of a footballer?

Thierry Henry's not exactly thunder thighs and he's done alright for himself.

surely it just shows he trains less and plays less, hence why he has less muscle mass.

Probably isnt on a controlled diet and doesnt visit the gym as regular as pro players aswell.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2007, 17:32:42 »

What a load of bollocks.

Have a look at Crouch's legs, they're like fucking matchsticks!

Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2007, 17:38:39 »

I thought he had a good game looked lively and caused problems, but he did not look the answer to our goal scoring problems, but he may play better with a target man (Corr) but it wil ltake him time to adapt to L1 so I think he maybe the player that Sturrock is prepared to take a risk on.

I'm assuming that Guiema isn't getting a contract if The Prophet has signed so quickly, We still need another striker and a wide left player though
lambourn red

« Reply #71 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2007, 17:58:02 »

Do you think there will be an influx of the Towns migrants to the County Ground now that we have signed the Prophet Mohamed?
SwindonStevo

« Reply #72 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2007, 18:14:00 »

i thought number 10 was better
Spencer_White

« Reply #73 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2007, 19:04:48 »

Quote from: "herthab"

And you've deduced that from one game?

I saw one of Royce Brownlie's first games in a town shirt as a trialist, and I thought he was a better prospect. I saw the game, and I can draw any conclusions I want from it, if im wrong I will stand corrected.

I prefer the well built strikers in this league, they are a safer option. You cant afford to get knocked off the ball.

As for the thinner legs, its something they talk about to teenagers trying to go pro, its something clubs look at, usually because it lessens your chance of serious leg injury. Building up muscles in the lower legs does stand you in much better shape. Old fashioned idea maybe, but theres no need to ridicule it just because you've never heard people talk about it Herthab/Samdy Gray/Richard4acre. Obviously you have Peter Crouch, but I would say those matchstick legs have held him back. He's consitantly been a better player than people give him credit for because of how spindly he looks, and I agree that is wrong. On the other hand, we had George Ndah, who also had very thin legs, and his career ended with a broken leg that wouldnt heal, probably only had 1 injury free season in his entire career.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2007, 19:13:20 »

I get what your saying Spence, but I think we need a player to play off the big fella Corr.

In an ideal world I'd like to see a forward with lots of pace, who's a greedy, niggly little fucker!

I still think he'll need a bit more time to bed in.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: