Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mark Stein  (Read 1765 times)
DMR

« on: Monday, March 28, 2005, 20:49:40 »

Oxford reject, Oxford reject!

Anyone remember Stoke away in about '97 when we gave him loads of stick and then he scored a brace (might have been a hat trick, bad memory) against us, the first was a cracker at our end.

I think that was the game anyway.

I was talking to a Stoke fan who reminded me of how he taunted us with the old hand-to-ear, I remember that well I can tell you. I'm all for that sort of banter but Mark Stein was an arrogant little pie.

Just though I'd share this with you.  Cheesy
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, March 28, 2005, 20:57:05 »

he wasn't a pie dave

officially blacker than the night.
DMR

« Reply #2 on: Monday, March 28, 2005, 21:00:02 »

He was overweight and was short. You just like him because he was black Dex.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, March 28, 2005, 21:48:29 »

great.  :-))(
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, March 28, 2005, 23:18:50 »

dave, he wasnt a pie, are you blind? a short fat darky? yes, a pie? no

officially blacker than the night.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, March 28, 2005, 23:38:14 »

The most horrible Mark Stein moment was when he scored for Looton in extra time of the semi final of the Simod Cup in 88.

In typical STFC style we get drawn v the knobs with the plastic pitch then have to go to extra time, after a creditable draw in the 90 v top flight opponents.

One of lifes great unsolved mysteries is why Dave Bamber assumed he was offside so disdained putting the ball in the net when the linos flag stayed down, which would have put us 2-1 up and on to a Wembley appearance v Reading.

We beat Blackburn, Norwich, Chelsea and Derby on the way.

Oh and Mike Harford was playing for Looton.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, March 28, 2005, 23:49:34 »

I was there,got a lift back from Reading train station in some random Swindon fans Mums car.Hello if your reading this ,thanks very much.

/
W56196272
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, March 29, 2005, 02:55:58 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
The most horrible Mark Stein moment was when he scored for Looton in extra time of the semi final of the Simod Cup in 88.

In typical STFC style we get drawn v the knobs with the plastic pitch then have to go to extra time, after a creditable draw in the 90 v top flight opponents.

One of lifes great unsolved mysteries is why Dave Bamber assumed he was offside so disdained putting the ball in the net when the linos flag stayed down, which would have put us 2-1 up and on to a Wembley appearance v Reading.

We beat Blackburn, Norwich, Chelsea and Derby on the way.

Oh and Mike Harford was playing for Looton.

Reg ! Reg ! Reg ! Nooo ! Nooo ! Noooo ! It has taken years of therapy for me to try to forget that game and the Dave Bamber incident. The whole of the Swindon end were shouting and screaming at him to put it away.

For those not at the game: He'd basically broken clear of the defence and was one on one with Les Sealey. All of a sudden (the bit Reg missed) there was a whistle from the crowd. Bamber keeps running with the ball but is decelerating as he thinks he's offside. We couldn't believe it when he basically passed the ball to Sealey. Another point that Reg missed was that Sealey baited the crowd at every opportunity thereafter. It was a bloody horrible evening and an awful drive home after that defeat.

The Derby game in the 1/4 final was superb. I think it I mentioned on here before. Peter Shilton was at his unbelieveable best keeping out everything that Town threw at him - and we threw the kitchen sink at him ! Thought it was going to be the same as a couple of years before when Southampton came to town and Shilton was outstanding. On that occasion he even had a penalty covered which Kamara put wide. Anyway, I digress. Dave Hockaday, playing right back, gets the ball near the half way line and runs down the wing successfully beating 2 men. He whips over a cross, which swirls in the wind and becomes a shot. Shilton backpeddaling can only tip the ball into the net. 1-0 was all we needed in those days - although I seem to recall a number of high scoring encounters.

Ahhhh, those were the days !

NMH (Not just a title of my favourite song)

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: