Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Slave Traders - Tuesday  (Read 8971 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, July 31, 2007, 21:22:29 »

Well, we looked OK in patches. Some nice triangles but it's hard to tell when it's tappy tappy pre-season.

City looked dangerous going forward and had by far had the better attacks, with Ifil clearing off the line and a second chance was a comedy of errors on City's part. In fact there ineptitude in front of goal make a Sabin and Onibuje partnership look like a dream lineup.

In contrast we were limited in attack. Arieta looks quite handy in a not going to score 20-a-season sort of way. Wouldn't be suprised to see him added to the squad when we start signing people again. Hard to judge the Welsh trialist, but based on that performance he won't be the answer to our problems.

City's goal came reasonably late into the second half, an attack broke down and a floated cross midway in the Swindon half somehow landed between Ifil and Adajoffe into Jevons path. He poked it through smiths legs in a 1 on 1.

edit: Forgot to say, Roberts and Zaaboub started on the wings and were both shit. And both has luminous green boots on too. Coincidence? I think not.

In other news I reversed out of a car park space into somebody. To be fair visibility was limited ny the people carrier 2 spaces down, honest gov Sad Hey ho, it's done now. That's what insurance is for I suppose .
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, July 31, 2007, 21:43:58 »

All in all I'd say promisng first half, bit of a lacklustre second.

Defence looked very good and Ifil and Aljofree I think will definitely become a VERY good partnership.  Think Vincent and J Smith did ok too.  No concerns there.

Roberts worries me a little as he made a few wild shots and didn't seem to take his time/concentrate - Improvement needed 100%.

Boob did ok at times, looked lively, fought well in some parts but everytime he got close to a chance to cross, played back through the midfield.  Doesn't fill me with huge confidence but not the weakest link for sure.

Holmes in please Sturrock.

Adams seemed ok although deffo not 100% match fit which isnt a surprise.

Arietta looked good at times however perhaps a little more experience required.  Comminges didn't really impress me either today.  Seemed far too lightweight.

Anyone else notice how many times City were offside going forward?  Was totally unbelieveable.

It stuck out that we had a bit of a trial strikeforce as we didn't really create much and one thing on my mind is that we didn't seem to have any kind of transition from midfield to forwards.  Hopefully when we have a settled strikeforce in play this will evaporate.

All in all, for a relatively new squad, they looked decent on some occasions, always room for improvement though.  I'm certainly not worrying.
Amir

« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, July 31, 2007, 22:23:58 »

Robert's made Zaboub look okay because he wasted every single chance he had on the ball pretty much.  I personally think we desperately need another winger......Comminges didn't really waste anything when he took Roberts place but he didn't look like he'd try and take anyone on.

We created a bit in the first-half mainly because of the front two's hustling, and so when they seemed to tire in the second we got nothing.  Adams also tired after being involved a few times to good effect at the start.  Easton was pretty anonymous.

Central defence look a good pairing.....Smith and Vincent got done numerous times by the pace and incisiveness of City's attacks.  I can see Comminges taking Smith's place as he doesn't seem to stand off his man so much.

All in all the could have done us 3/4-0, although there were a few positive signs.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, July 31, 2007, 22:52:40 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
All in all I'd say promisng first half, bit of a lacklustre second.

Defence looked very good and Ifil and Aljofree I think will definitely become a VERY good partnership.  Think Vincent and J Smith did ok too.  No concerns there.

Roberts worries me a little as he made a few wild shots and didn't seem to take his time/concentrate - Improvement needed 100%.

Boob did ok at times, looked lively, fought well in some parts but everytime he got close to a chance to cross, played back through the midfield.  Doesn't fill me with huge confidence but not the weakest link for sure.

Holmes in please Sturrock.

Adams seemed ok although deffo not 100% match fit which isnt a surprise.

Arietta looked good at times however perhaps a little more experience required.  Comminges didn't really impress me either today.  Seemed far too lightweight.

Anyone else notice how many times City were offside going forward?  Was totally unbelieveable.

It stuck out that we had a bit of a trial strikeforce as we didn't really create much and one thing on my mind is that we didn't seem to have any kind of transition from midfield to forwards.  Hopefully when we have a settled strikeforce in play this will evaporate.

All in all, for a relatively new squad, they looked decent on some occasions, always room for improvement though.  I'm certainly not worrying.

i'd agree with pretty much all of that apart from the zaboub bit, i thought he lacked vision and was clearly the weakest link, even vincent had no confidence in him. He regularly got himself in the wrong position to receive the ball and did nothing when he got it. we need someone who can cross or we won't get goals with any consistency.
fatbury

« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2007, 07:21:45 »

Summed up fairly easily

Defensively - solid .. touch unlucky for the goal but we were up against a Championship attack so very good indeed overall

Attacking - ?? well where was the attacking side of the game for us?? 1 shot on target from Blair Sturrock in the whole game. Many off target by miles by Roberts  Soapy Tit Wank

The two triallists tried hard but really werent any better than Royce Brownlie or Fola Onibuje last season - Roberts and Zaaboub were awful and although Easton and Adams were solid in defence didnt produce much going forward.
normy

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2007, 07:33:11 »

Hard to judge the defence, as City played the best approach football I've seen here for a while, often overwhelmed us, and we did not use the ball well.
Not impressed with our midfield yet, not much creativity. Outplayed by City.
Roberts was infuriating, made all the wrong decisions, wasted passes, and hardly ever took his man on.
Zaboob does not look like a winger to me, he cuts back far to often and loses momentum, has a lot of skill, don't know where he fits really.
I was impressed with the potential of Arrieta. He is strong and quite quick and has a good touch, but needs more back up for us to see if he can score as well.
Mohammed seemed a bit weak in holding the ball and poor touch, but ran around well and had one of our few good goal efforts.
All in all, the match showed how far behind City we are, except that they were almost as inept at goalscoring. It was a good  game to watch IMO.

ust be the oldest
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2007, 07:37:49 »

Did Easton and Adams play together?!

Two defensive midfielders. No wonder our attacking play is limited.
mattboyslim

« Reply #97 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2007, 07:50:40 »

Both Easton and Adams were OK, with peacock not even in the squad pook will be very lucky to hit double figures for starts next season IMHO.  Although both 'defensive' I thoght Easton and Adams pushed on and offered a little more in attack than Pook and the rest of midfield did for most of last season.

The wingers were very average - personally I still think vincent has huge defensive ability but is poor going forward - this doesn't help Zaboub, and he oftern wastes it, perhaps nicho might give more support.  Roberts just lacked quality last night, even when Smith got up with him they didn't use it well.

Hasney looks quality and him and ifil will be fine, I think we might see him score a thunderbolt free kick or two next season.  We have the two best keepers in the lower leagues, feel for whoever isn't playing TBH.  

And we deifnately need strikers, 2 of.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2007, 07:55:18 »

Quote from: "mattboyslim"

We have the two best keepers in the lower leagues, feel for whoever isn't playing TBH.  

I think that's a bit OTT.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2007, 08:05:31 »

I don't think anyone in this league has a goalkeeping pair as good as ours.
mattboyslim

« Reply #100 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2007, 08:13:11 »

Quote from: "janaage"
Quote from: "mattboyslim"

We have the two best keepers in the lower leagues, feel for whoever isn't playing TBH.  

I think that's a bit OTT.

With hindsight perhaps slightly.

Dunno, apart form Konstantopolis for Hartlepool (now at Cov) I thought they were comfortbaly the best in League 2 last season, and from last time in league one not a lot seemed better.  I'm undoubtedly happy that whoever is the number one, we'll have one of the best back-up keeps available, instead of panic mode as soon as a keeper gets injured.  It's just nice to have the best keeper since Digby.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2007, 08:16:57 »

Although both impressed me last night and I'd be happy with either, I still have to say I'd choose Brez - height factor being a plus and possibly more intimidating for a forward from the opposition.

Citys keeper on the other hand made some very laughable errors.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2007, 08:19:14 »

Phil Smith's alright but I don't think he's that good to be honest.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2007, 08:22:06 »

TBH I haven't been here so haven't see him play for a huge amount so can't say too much but like him for coming into the fray when Brez got injured and IMO did a good job.
fatbury

« Reply #104 on: Wednesday, August 1, 2007, 08:38:30 »

Both keepers did very well .. I agree with Matt - 2 of the best .. I like having Brez in there tho for sheer presence!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: