Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Inventing Sports.  (Read 1632 times)
flammableBen

« on: Saturday, July 28, 2007, 02:45:17 »

Us British are ace, we invented Football, Rugby, Cricket, Snooker, Tennis, Badminton and possibly a few others. We have a pretty high percentage of televised sports around the world invented by us. If it wasn't for the ancient Greeks inventing running competitions, and the Americans coming up with new games because they are shit at competing against the rest of the world, we'd have 100% sport saturation.

That was a good opening but I feel I need to get to the point. We need to invent some more sports, and that would be why I started this thread. Hence the title.

"The tennis ball game I used to play in my living room" is a good one, could probably do with a better name, it consisted of 2 similar sized sofas (6-7ft wide) about 6-7 metres apart. Basically trying to hit the bottom bit of the oppositions sofa. The 2ft ish high bit before you get to the sitting part. This got stopped for me after I smashed some sort of expensive picture frame, it was quality fun though.

I also think that Heads and Volleys should be given a chance as an Olympic sport. You'd probably have to get rid of Stingers and Tunnels, but introduce an area and give a side 10 mins to score as many as they can against the oppositions keeper. Maybe have a rule where more than 3 people have to be involved in a move without the ball touching the ground. I'm thinking teams of 4 players and 1 keeper. The keeper being left to stand alone.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, July 28, 2007, 02:54:45 »

Me and my brother used to stick cushions up our t shirts and gut barge  each other as kids.We called the  called the game "Big Daddy".Sadly neither of us need cushions anymore.Still, I nominate "Big Daddy" as a new sport.

/
W56196272
magic8ball

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, July 28, 2007, 08:50:12 »

How about Slamsies? Thats what we used to call it anyway. Like squash, but kicking a football against a wall.

We used to crank it up a few notches by allowing a no holds barred game, complete with obstacles. If you got it right, you could put your opponent over the next doors garden, or behind another wall. Then an official adjudicator would decide how many shots a person would get in order to get the ball against the wall again.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, July 28, 2007, 09:30:18 »

Tennis orginated in France before the 12th century
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, July 28, 2007, 09:38:47 »

Knuckles should be considered for 2012.

Two players face each other, with each having a clenched fist.

The fists are almost (But not quite) touching.

The object of the game is to hit your opponents knuckles as many times as possible, without them withdrawing their fist.

'Free' hits can be won by feinting to hit your opponent, by twitching your fist without actually moving it, if they withdraw their fist, you get a free hit whereby they are not allowed to move and you can put maximum force in your blow.

It's All Good..............
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, July 28, 2007, 10:45:21 »

Quote from: "magic8ball"
How about Slamsies? Thats what we used to call it anyway. Like squash, but kicking a football against a wall.

We used to crank it up a few notches by allowing a no holds barred game, complete with obstacles. If you got it right, you could put your opponent over the next doors garden, or behind another wall. Then an official adjudicator would decide how many shots a person would get in order to get the ball against the wall again.

We used to call that game Wally (Wall-ey)  Cool
Panda Paws

« Reply #6 on: Saturday, July 28, 2007, 11:08:54 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"

Same here, Happy Days!!
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, July 28, 2007, 11:14:07 »

Quote from: "Chubbs"
Tennis orginated in France before the 12th century

No it wasnt, according to Little Britain it was invented in 1985 in Littlehampton
Bushey Boy

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, July 28, 2007, 11:50:20 »

Its all about off ground tig, still good now going down victoria road pissed up!

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, July 28, 2007, 12:14:50 »

Can we claim Kerby as one of ours? I fucking rule at that game!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, July 28, 2007, 12:54:34 »

Is British Bulldog a sport? If not it bloody should be.
land_of_bo

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, July 28, 2007, 17:25:08 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"

We used to play that at new college, but using the roof of one of the buildings. We called it roofy  Cheesy

As someone else said, curby - mint game.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: