Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: a moral dilemma?  (Read 7984 times)
STFCBird
Ralphy's Wet Dream

C U Next Tuesday!

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2007, 07:59:55 »

Quote from: "STFCLady"
Cause of the trouble hes had with this random money coming out of his bank......

Oh yeah I read about that. I could sell him Whit's ticket for £200  
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2007, 08:59:49 »

Quote from: "Samdy Gray"
Quote from: "mexico red"
surely the last 12 months has taught us nothing? there has been an endless mismanagement of funds, is the straw that broke the camels back?

I think this 'mismanagement' though is the most apparent.

Only a few weeks ago that letter to creditors stated the club had c. £250k in the bank.

They've also sold say 2500 season tickets, let's assume half of those paid up front rather than on credit cards, that's 1250 at ~£600 each. That's £750,000.

I'm going to sound like Phil S now, but where the fuck has £1 million gone, as Tommy Cooper would say, "Just like that"?

Exactly Sam

What really got my goat (and Si summed it up perfectly) and put my "head firmly over my heart" is not only what you have posted but the way that the club tried to put pressure on us to pay before close of business today

I said yesterday something smelt about it and now I know why.

Yes, I was letting my heart overrule my head because I was quite optimistic about new investment etc etc etc........................

what has happened over the past 24hrs has reignited the feelings of disdain towards the hierachy of the club that have been supressed for some time.

As I said, this is only my personal feelings and I bear no ill feelings if people still want to forge ahead with the sponsorship.

In fact I have made it clear that if it were still to go ahead then I would continue to collect monies, as I have already made a committment to, its just that I will not be contributing.

I wonder how due dilligence is going ?

Tonight's TRUST board meeting is going to be interesting
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2007, 09:20:02 »

im easy either way, if you want to use my money to pay for the upkeep of the forum and were not sponsoring jesus anymore, use it for that, if the sponsorship is still being done then carry on with my dough, not fussed either way  :?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2007, 09:35:53 »

I am still not getting the point. The club has been missmanaged, we know that hence the formation of the fans consortium.

The sponsorship money was always going to the club to spend/waste/pay wages/whatever.

The way it (asking for the money) was done was pretty lame, and the reason was self inflicted, but not altogether suprising.

Anyway, I don't really catre enough to argue the point any more. So whatever is agreed is fine.
Lumps

« Reply #34 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2007, 11:29:30 »

As someone who missed this entire thing, and only saw the threads today, the thing that would have pissed me off isn't the incompetence and mismanagement which, as Mex and Yeovil quite rightly point out, we all knew about anyway, or even the realisation that the they've managed to "lose" about £1m in the last month.

What would have made me think "stuff it, find another sponsor" was the tone of the e-mail correspondence from the club, confirming once again their complete lack of understanding of the principles of providing good customer service.

To bang out a three line e-mail giving 24 hours notice that the payment is needed, when there's been no previous deadline set, with no explanation or apology stinks. To compound that with the frankly pathetic threat that otherwise the sponsorship of that player will be released to the "waiting list" is just taking the piss. Can anyone remember the last season when every squad player was fully sponsored home and away? How come there's suddenly a queue to throw money at the club?

I guess I'm with Mex on this. I can understand that with the new season around the corner people are getting excited and wanting to do something positive to show their support for the club and hearts can all to easily rule heads. I'm just glad something like this happened to remind us all how thoroughly bloody useless the current shower are, and persuade you all to keep your money for something more worthwhile.

If you want to show the new fellah that he's got your support you could always give him a bit of extra cash when you get The Big Issue of him next time!

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2007, 11:43:16 »

i agree completely with the first post in this thread.mex is spot on imo.
some people seem to have double standards when it suits them regarding stfc.protesting,ect,ect.then sponsoring players and matches :?

no offence meant nor a critism,just an observation and a conclusion on my part.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2007, 12:30:52 »

At the moment I haven't made my mind up whether I want to go ahead or not. Like Batch, I think I'll just go with the majority.

I make no excuses for having double standards, I was protesting etc. last season and yet I've still decided to sponsor players and go on VIP days purely because I want to. Yes, I don't like the people running our club but I'm not going to let them stop me having my fun & enjoyment.

Mex, I can understand, you've made a conscious decision this season not to put money into the club. That's your lookout.

But Yeovil and Arriba, why is it that everytime something like this happens you jump out of the woodwork saying "Oooh, look at you, you bunch of hypocrites. Double standards blah blah blah." I'm fed up of your finger pointing, blaming other people.

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2007, 12:36:06 »

i have not done or said what you say i have at all sam.you have admitted to having double standards.i am not,nor have i critisised you or anyone else for doing it as its your choice.

your sweeping comments above are quite innacurate regarding myself at least.cannot speak on yeovils behalf though.you certainly have made more of my post than intended,or what it said. i thought it was quite clear.
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2007, 12:39:43 »

Ok, maybe not you as much then arriba, but definitely Yeovil.
spacey

« Reply #39 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2007, 12:41:36 »

Quote from: "Samdy Gray"
 I don't like the people running our club but I'm not going to let them stop me having my fun & enjoyment.

Why don't you all go to Space Adventure instead? They've got a Monkeynaut called Spacey...and a Spacey cafe.

http://www.spaceadventure.co.uk/showimage2.asp?img=DSC02878.JPG
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2007, 12:44:46 »

Been there

Its Ace

FACT

Cowabunga Cosmanaught !!!!
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2007, 12:45:48 »

That place looks quality.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2007, 12:47:24 »

My lads going to a birthday party there this weekend. It better be ace after this buildup
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2007, 12:54:50 »

I just say it as I see it,initially I said the whole thing stunk of double standards and why I wouldnt be putting any money into it.All ive done in this thread is ask whats changed?Doesn't seem like finger pointing to me.

If you want some finger pointing Id be happy to oblige though.

/
W56196272
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2007, 12:59:16 »

Point away.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: