Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Discussing Fred's Sponsorship revelations.  (Read 4253 times)
glos_robin

« Reply #30 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2007, 12:30:14 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
Quote from: "Batch"
OK, like can somebody spell it out for me in words of one syllable.

I don't get why the club calling in all the money they can to pay staff has on influence of whether we should continue to sponsor a player. Surely the decision has nothing to do with this. Morally we are either OK sponsoring a player, or we aren't. End of?

Either way if too many people have pulled out to make it viable then you can chuck my money at Whits too.

I think some people are upset that the club has almost threatened they will lose the player's sponsorship unless they get a shift on and do it by close of play - when it is rumoured the only reason for this threat is to get the money in to pay staff.

Not a rumour anymore though is it? Ben Lambert has confirmed it according to Fred in the management thread
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2007, 12:34:57 »

Thanks.

I completely agree that making demands in such a way was, well to be polite, a bit unprofessional.

I can also see that the club need to do all they can to pay wages and so have to do everything in their power to make it happen ASAP. Though why it was left quite so late ing the day to do so is unclear - either an oversight or the latest crisis.

I guess for me personally it doesn't make much difference as to whether I would contribute or not to player sponsorship.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #32 on: Wednesday, July 25, 2007, 13:07:18 »

Quote from: "glos_robin"
Quote from: "Si Pie"
Quote from: "Batch"
OK, like can somebody spell it out for me in words of one syllable.

I don't get why the club calling in all the money they can to pay staff has on influence of whether we should continue to sponsor a player. Surely the decision has nothing to do with this. Morally we are either OK sponsoring a player, or we aren't. End of?

Either way if too many people have pulled out to make it viable then you can chuck my money at Whits too.

I think some people are upset that the club has almost threatened they will lose the player's sponsorship unless they get a shift on and do it by close of play - when it is rumoured the only reason for this threat is to get the money in to pay staff.

Not a rumour anymore though is it? Ben Lambert has confirmed it according to Fred in the management thread

I don't think that changes why people are upset.

Anyway, the club not paying staff by BACS may have been substantiated, but the reason for hurrying the sponsor money has not.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: