Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Grand Prix - Nurburgring  (Read 7166 times)
Gelbfüßler

Was gücksch?

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Sunday, July 22, 2007, 18:12:01 »

Also how good was seeing a Winkelhock in F1?! Joachim "Smokin' Joe" was a boyhood hero of mine for no reason whatsoever and I remember watching him win a DTM Race at Norisring back in the day.

Loved it that Markus was leading!

Wir lassen uns unsere Liebe nicht nehmen
Nicht von den Bullen und nicht vom DFB
Gelbfüßler

Was gücksch?

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Sunday, July 22, 2007, 18:14:01 »

Quote from: "Si Pie"
Don't really care if Shumacher was the greatest F1 driver, things just got a lot more interesting since he retired.

This season they have, but Schumacher hadn't won a title since 2004 so it wasn't as if he was pissing all over the opposition in the last couple of years.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #77 on: Sunday, July 22, 2007, 18:20:37 »

But things did get more interesting...
Gelbfüßler

Was gücksch?

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Sunday, July 22, 2007, 18:23:33 »

For the time being...

Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Sunday, July 22, 2007, 18:27:04 »

Quote from: "Dachauer"
Quote from: "Sussex"
Quote from: "Dachauer"
Hamilton will never scale the same heights even though he has started in the best car

How do you work that one out then mystic meg?

If you could pm me next weeks lottery numbers whilst you're on this looking into the future trip, I'd be most grateful.

Soapy Tit Wank
I should think it unlikely he will win the world championship 7 times
If he was in the best car or close to it for seven seasons I think it's very possible, most drivers aren't that lucky though. It's his first season, he's only 22, his teammate is the world champion and he's already challenging for the title. This is the most impressive debut season any driver has ever had in formula one. It wouldn't matter what nationality he was, this is always going to be a big story.
lebowski

« Reply #80 on: Sunday, July 22, 2007, 19:11:43 »

hamilton will have to compete with alonso (who beat schumacher twice) to win a world title so of course he isn't going to win it 7 times!

i do think schumacher is one of the all-time greats, but it's clear to all that he was pretty much unchallenged for most of his career... hill, villeneuve, coulthard, and hakkinen really do not compare to prost and mansell, who senna had to beat. those were proper rivalries.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Sunday, July 22, 2007, 20:09:13 »

Fucking hell dacheur, you've caught quite a lot today  Fishing.

Things get better but they never get good
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Sunday, July 22, 2007, 22:37:45 »

The beauty of Formula One is the technological challenge presented to the designers and engineers courtesy of the FIA rule book. With all the electronic driver aids on the cars these days, driver skill has become largely irrelevant. Design a good car that is easy to set up, has good mechanical grip and aerodynamics and your onto a winner.

For the previous two seasons, clearly the Renault package was superior to anything else on most circuits, hence the reason why Alonso was able to win back-to-back titles. Prior to that, Ferrari had the edge, hence Schumacher's domination - IIRC didn't Ferrari win 16 out of the 17 races in 2003?

Its difficult to draw comparisons between drivers of different eras. Statically Schumacher is the best ever and has set records that will probably never be broken. But was he really better than Fangio, Ascari, Moss, Stewart, Clark, Prost & Senna? The record books say yes, but the debate rages on, and will do forever.

Could Hamilton emulate Schumacher? Who knows. Right now, you can't draw comparisons, and its frankly unfair to do so. The kid certainly has talent, he proved that last year by romping away with the GP2 series. He has certainly started well in F1, but he has a seat in one of the 4 best cars on the grid - would he really be better than Jenson Button in that dog of a Honda this year?

Its how he reacts to this weekend's event in the next race that will start to shape how good he really is. So long as he keeps his feet on the ground and keeps away from Page 3 girls, he should be set for a long and successful career.

My money is still on Raikkonen for the title though.
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Monday, July 23, 2007, 06:41:22 »

Quote from: "Karlsruhe_Red"

Loved it that Markus was leading!

Indeed, it was great to see a Spker out in front bt 33 seconds

I come from a land down-under
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Monday, July 23, 2007, 08:58:46 »

be the only chance ever i think, i remember in the ealry 90's a minardi led a race and was on to win then the engine blew? i think they finished on the podium a bit back in the day as well?
Northern Red

« Reply #85 on: Monday, July 23, 2007, 12:24:53 »

Quote from: "Ben Wah Balls"
Schumacher always had Ross Brawn and others who made sure they were way more prepared for rain than any of the other teams.

Alonso won two world championships before he was even 26, more than Schumacher had done at the same age. He also had a greater points margin over his teammate than Schumacher in the last two years, Massa was 3rd last year, Fisichella was 4th. He is obv good.

Just to wade into this one a bit late - Fisichella is possibly the worst driver on the grid in the last 5 years - he's shockingly bad...

So to compare the amount that Alonso beat him by is not a good comparison.

My order for the last few years that I've seen:
Senna
Prost
Schumacher
Hill
Alonso
Mansell
Hakkinen
Villeneuve (nearly beaten by Hill in an Arrows, but saved by an electrical failure in the Arrows, which says it all imo)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Monday, July 23, 2007, 12:34:32 »

Villeneuve (nearly beaten by Hill in an Arrows, but saved by an electrical failure in the Arrows, which says it all imo)

Was that villeneuve. I could of sworn that it was schumacher.

Northern Red

« Reply #87 on: Monday, July 23, 2007, 12:36:28 »

Definately Villeneuve
Bad quality Youtube video:
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Monday, July 23, 2007, 12:39:45 »

Oh right, fair enough. Memorys fading already !

Northern Red

« Reply #89 on: Monday, July 23, 2007, 12:39:57 »

Remembering wet GP crashes does anyone remember the mother of all crashes in 1998 in Belgium:
(Long Video)
(Short Video)
 :shock:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: